21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options

Replies

• kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    @ tazmac - great walk for you today! Was that with your buddy, or solo?

Round 2, day 11 (I think, or is it 12?)
    45 mins in the pool before the knees started acting up big time.
    1000 m breast stroke
    300 m butterfly (mostly butterfly kick drills)
    HRM reports 35 mins walk over 1.25 miles between classes and around campus.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    scraped a save today! Bad night last night, so I'm not beating myself up over it because I know this isn't usual.

Round 2, day 13 - 30 min walk to/from the car and around the lab for the practical. Then stumble into bed and pass out!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    scraped a save today! Bad night last night, so I'm not beating myself up over it because I know this isn't usual.

Round 2, day 13 - 30 min walk to/from the car and around the lab for the practical. Then stumble into bed and pass out!

You are doing really well K! Keep up the great work!

- my walk was 1/2 and 1/2 ... I walked with Sue - then landed her at her building - her knee is bugging her... so I just continued on!

:smile:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 2 - Day 7 - 03 May 2013 (Friday)

GPS watch on today - but lost signal along the route.

Started with a 5km walk this morning - approx. 500 participants! crossed the finish line @ 45 min exactly (on the clock on the finish line) .... pace on the GPS was 3.9104

Walked to and from the start location for another 20 min....

Great day today for sure!

:flowerforyou:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 2 - Day 8 - 04 May 2013 (Saturday)

Just some puttering on the go today - walking to and from class (school all day today) - and then a bit of a stroll later... not really adding up to much!

My foot was bugging me a bit this morning .... I wondered if it was because of the strut yesterday at a good pace!

Better day tomorrow!!

• kcaffee1
    Options
    Nice days for both Friday and Saturday Tazmac!

Round 2, day 14 - HRM reports 13 mins walking, but I think it was double that in actuality - lots of stairs and ramps. So, claiming 26.

Most of the day was sitting in a car to get to and from the relative's 97th birthday party, but it wasn't spent idle! I was trying to balance a lap top, keyboard and mouse in a moving car on rough (ish) roads for at least 3 hours. Does this count as exercise too?
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Good DAY 14 KCaffee!! you are doing so well!

Round 2 - Day 9 - 05 May 2013 (Sunday)

Had beautiful weather today and worked outside for my exercise.... 45 min of raking the front and side yard (still the back yard for another day) -- 1 hour and 15 min of gardening, cleaning up and lifting rocks for a rock wall...

Really enjoyed the day!!

• kcaffee1
    Options
    Good DAY 14 KCaffee!! you are doing so well!

Round 2 - Day 9 - 05 May 2013 (Sunday)

Had beautiful weather today and worked outside for my exercise.... 45 min of raking the front and side yard (still the back yard for another day) -- 1 hour and 15 min of gardening, cleaning up and lifting rocks for a rock wall...

Really enjoyed the day!!

Wow! Totally productive and moving day! Wish I could claim the same, but with 2 finals tomorrow, my day wound up subsumed by homework. Did manage to sneak in 10 recorded minutes of walking to/from a study session but except for the laundry into/out of the washer, I didn't move around much today. I am GOING to get some type of solid workout in tomorrow! I'm about at my wits end tonight!

Round 2, day 15 - salvage by the skin of my teeth! 10 mins of walking on campus (not including around the house, since I don't have that time, and I'd have done it anyway!)
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    I think we scared off the two new comers. ::Pouts:: That's a shame.

I'm back in the swing today!

Round 2, day 16 - Weights - 45 mins, stationary bike - 10 mins (and it kicked my quads backside!), campus walk - HRM reports 2.16 miles in 56 mins
  • Trishajac
    Options
    I think we scared off the two new comers. ::Pouts:: That's a shame.

I'm back in the swing today!

Round 2, day 16 - Weights - 45 mins, stationary bike - 10 mins (and it kicked my quads backside!), campus walk - HRM reports 2.16 miles in 56 mins

good going for Days 15 & 16!!

yeh - was hoping they would hang in! would be nice if the system would give at least one reminder about a challenge you joined (or something like that)... I joined one too.. good intention but never really got at it!

:ohwell:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 2 - Day 10 - 06 May 2013

Great day for a walk outside at lunch.

44 minutes - approx. 4.5 km

Keeping it going!!

• kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 2 - Day 10 - 06 May 2013

Great day for a walk outside at lunch.

44 minutes - approx. 4.5 km

Keeping it going!!

Tazmac, if my math is correct, that's really stepping it out! Congratulations! (I'm spoiled with American units, which is why my math may be off - NOT my strongest subject. ::Chuckles::)

Round 2, Day 17:
    HRM reports 1.2 miles in 32 minutes (between class/car/gym)
    Then it was a wonderful half swim - 2 sets of 200 m breast stroke, back stroke, free style, butterfly each and an additional 200 m breast stroke. All done in 35 mins.

Then, it was back home for a nice sedentary reward - books and/or console games. Finals are OVER and I survived!!!!
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Will have to make myself a note to check in each day.

Today at the gym I will for sure do the treadmill either 30 or 45 minutes. If I do 30 I will also do the circuit, If I do 45 that will be my exercise for the day.

My post will be like this and I will confirm them the next day, because I go to the gym after work and I am sure I will remember to post while at work. Thanks for the challenge and good luck with your recovery.
  • jezy_jass
    jezy_jass Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's too late to join, but hello everyone. My name is Jesse and I seem to break back into my bad habits almost EVERY weekend, so 21 days straight might be a challenge but I am up for it!

Today will be my D1 = Level 3 of Jillian Michael's 30 DS
    Day 2 - My 3 year anniversary is tomorrow (celebrating right after work!) so mine will have to be done early in the AM before work = 3-4 miles on the elliptical or 30 DS
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    @ etaylor2 - welcome, and however you post is fine! If you've scanned through the threads, I'm sure you've seen that cpernus (how I didn't miss spell that!) posts the week, or the full 21 days at a time. Glad you joined, and I look forward to seeing your workouts. Since I'm heading into Summer Semester, I'm eager to get ideas how to keep going!

@ jezy_jass - It's never too late, and welcome aboard! Another workout to get great ideas from as you work your way through the challenge.

For both - it looks like you are off to a great running start!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    @ etaylor2 - welcome, and however you post is fine! If you've scanned through the threads, I'm sure you've seen that cpernus (how I didn't miss spell that!) posts the week, or the full 21 days at a time. Glad you joined, and I look forward to seeing your workouts. Since I'm heading into Summer Semester, I'm eager to get ideas how to keep going!

@ jezy_jass - It's never too late, and welcome aboard! Another workout to get great ideas from as you work your way through the challenge.

For both - it looks like you are off to a great running start!

Hi to both of you Ladies and welcome to the Challenge!!

The hope is that much effort is put into the 21 days of the challenge. 21 days to form a habit ... and perhaps at that point you won't want to miss!!

Good luck and we look forward to seeing your check-ins!!

:happy:
  • Trishajac
    Options

Tazmac, if my math is correct, that's really stepping it out! Congratulations! (I'm spoiled with American units, which is why my math may be off - NOT my strongest subject. ::Chuckles::)

Round 2, Day 17:
    HRM reports 1.2 miles in 32 minutes (between class/car/gym)
    Then it was a wonderful half swim - 2 sets of 200 m breast stroke, back stroke, free style, butterfly each and an additional 200 m breast stroke. All done in 35 mins.

Then, it was back home for a nice sedentary reward - books and/or console games. Finals are OVER and I survived!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON COMPLETING YOUR FINALS!!! Hard work paying off!! (Paying off in so many ways in your life!)

Great work on Day 17!

yes - It was a great pace!! really enjoying my walks!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 2 - Day 11 - 07 May 2013

Headed out for a walk after work today with my BF - love his company on walks too!

GPS data - 5.18 km or 3.22 mile walk / 337 cal / 5.9kmh / 3.67 mph pace / time 52 min

Thought the pace was more - but it was quite windy! ... it's all good!

• jezy_jass
    jezy_jass Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    so my morning turned out a little more chaotic than normal. Didn't have enough time to 30DS (was only left with 12 spare minutes) but I did spend 10 of those hula-hooping. Not exactly the burn I was hoping for this morning, but at least it was something. And I have to admit, it isn't as easy as I remember it as a kid, but it was still kind of fun!

Good luck to everyone else today, keep it moving!!
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Day 2 - will be walking to and from Bookclub tonight. If we get out early I plan on hitting the gym for a quick circuit. Don't like going to the gym to late at night.