21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,445 Member
    Options
    Trish,

Great on the walking...my favorite...and when you're ready to do more you'll know. Thank you for the encouraging words!

Walked 4.19 miles in 63 minutes w/grandpuppy, walked 1.44 miles in 51 minutes w/SO and grand puppy...throwing ball, playing 'keep away'! We had a blast with him! Spent 60 minutes on other challenges. It was a good day!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    @ KCaffee1 - Congrats on your DAY 24!!

@ Chris - way to go with your walk & challenges!!

I had a slow day today with household chores only. Had friends over for dinner last night and some Rummoli... so - had some cleanup to do today .. not too bad mind you.... Cooked a nice supper ... and just chillaxing now.

Thanks for all the encouragement! means a lot!

Trish
    :flowerforyou:
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    @ Chris - you've got a monster endurance. Can't wait till I can get to that point too (on land, that is.)

@ Tazmac - you still moved, so you can claim a victory today, don't beat yourself up because it was slower than you are used to. Rest days are good too.

Day 25 for me - 70 mins in the pool (800 m back stroke and free style, 1200 m breast stroke, and 600 m butter fly. A little cool down after with some water calisthenics/treading water mixed.) and 1.31 miles in 31 mins. (and moving the glomping laundry off of my bed so I can sleep! Does this count?? lol... )
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Day 26, and still going strong...

30 minutes lifting with the trainer, 30 minutes on the treadmill (avg speed 2.9, new personal best), 5 mins on the rowing machine, 40 minutes walking around campus, and as an after thought, toss in the normal steps that covers the after dinner chores. ::Grins::
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Day 26, and still going strong...

30 minutes lifting with the trainer, 30 minutes on the treadmill (avg speed 2.9, new personal best), 5 mins on the rowing machine, 40 minutes walking around campus, and as an after thought, toss in the normal steps that covers the after dinner chores. ::Grins::

Kcaffee

Congrats on DAY 25 and DAY 25!!

and many kudos to you for your personal best on your pace on the TM!! that's awesome!!

Trish
  • Trishajac
    Options
    I was asked yesterday about our 21 day Challenge!

Purpose: Add "purposeful" fitness to your day.

We all burn calories around work / house / school.... but to add a walk, workout, swim, etc, etc, etc, .... would be of more benefit.

I started out with 21 ..... and was into DAY 40 - (day of rest yesterday with no activity at all...)

Join in.... It is really a great way to focus!!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Oh, darn. Guess I need to quit tossing in the odd house chore comment. :: grins:: And, does your rest day reset you to day one again tazmac?
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Oh, darn. Guess I need to quit tossing in the odd house chore comment. :: grins:: And, does your rest day reset you to day one again tazmac?

Oh K - you are a busy Lady.... and really it is truly what you feel (and everyone feels) works for them.

for me - I could easily grab minutes with chores, quick walks from the car to my office, bursts around the office... but it wasn't enough for me in terms of adding to my weight loss.... so for me, I wanted to and needed to add "exercise"...

I saw your ::grins:: in there - so I'm sure you know I don't minimize whatever is accomplished! :smile:

As for the starting over - People in the challenge have chosen to add rest days. As I have read notes from other friends on MFP - most add a rest day - or at least don't beat themselves up for one... :smile:

I got thru my first 21 days with purposeful fitness for 20 out of 21 days - one of the days was 2 hours of house cleaning ..... between 21 and 40 - I've had a couple of days with household chores - and I believe one or two days with little or no activity....

I think I will begin another 21 now - and see where I go with it! ...

Thanks for staying tuned and for your encouragement!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Challenge 2 - Day 1 - 16 April 2013

Outdoor walk at lunch today - GPS watch data - 309 calories; 41 min; 3.9 pace

walk after work 22 min @ approx. 3.6 pace

1 hour 20 min fishing / casting a line & reeling in (nibbles but no bites!) ... darn near froze too! haha

• kcaffee1
    Options

1 hour 20 min fishing / casting a line & reeling in (nibbles but no bites!) ... darn near froze too! haha

Wow, tazmac, you are ONE determined fisher! I remember my days back when Grandma and I would go out, even in the cold. She had the hardest time getting me to sit still because one I started getting cold, I'd want to move!

Nice walks today as well... nice start for your second round of the challenge!

Day 27 - It was a pool day, so 800 m each of free style, back stroke, butter fly, and 1200 m breast stroke all done in 65 minutes! And, add just to toss a little extra in - 47 minutes walking around campus.
  • cpanus
    Options
    Day 1 - 4.23 miles in 62 minutes w/Bean; 60 minutes spent on other challenges...squats, jumping jacks, burpees, etc.
    Day 2 - 4.0 miles in 75 mins w/my daughter and Bean then we went shopping! Lots of walking at the mall!
    Day 3 - 4.35 miles in 63 mins, 70 mins on other challenges jacks, squats, crunches
    Day 4 - no walking today...doc appt...60 mins on challenges push-ups (modified), squats, Russian twists, mountain climbers.
    Day 5 - 4.34 miles in 62 mins, 50 mins on challenges jacks, burpees, leg lifts, hammer curls.
    Day 6 - is a REST day!
    Day 7 - 4.14 miles in 62 mins w/Bean; 70 mins on challenges.
    Day 8 - 4.19 miles in 63 minutes w/Bean, walked 1.44 miles in 51 minutes w/SO and Bean...throwing ball, playing 'keep away'! We had a blast with him! Spent 60 minutes on other challenges.
    Day 9 - 4.19 miles in 63 mins w/Bean again!, walked .87 miles in 26 mins /So and Bean...too cold and windy, 30 DS L1D1 again!and 35 mins on other challenges.
    Day 10 - 4.0 miles walking with Leslie...sound down..30 mins on another exercise DVD. That's all!!
    Day 11 - 04/16 -- walked 4.39 miles in 62 mins., spent 60 mins on challenges and 25 mins on 30DS L1D2.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Day 1 - 4.23 miles in 62 minutes w/Bean; 60 minutes spent on other challenges...squats, jumping jacks, burpees, etc.
    Day 2 - 4.0 miles in 75 mins w/my daughter and Bean then we went shopping! Lots of walking at the mall!
    Day 3 - 4.35 miles in 63 mins, 70 mins on other challenges jacks, squats, crunches
    Day 4 - no walking today...doc appt...60 mins on challenges push-ups (modified), squats, Russian twists, mountain climbers.
    Day 5 - 4.34 miles in 62 mins, 50 mins on challenges jacks, burpees, leg lifts, hammer curls.
    Day 6 - is a REST day!
    Day 8 - 4.19 miles in 63 minutes w/Bean, walked 1.44 miles in 51 minutes w/SO and Bean...throwing ball, playing 'keep away'! We had a blast with him! Spent 60 minutes on other challenges.
    Day 9 - 4.19 miles in 63 mins w/Bean again!, walked .87 miles in 26 mins /So and Bean...too cold and windy, 30 DS L1D1 again!and 35 mins on other challenges.
    Day 10 - 4.0 miles walking with Leslie...sound down..30 mins on another exercise DVD. That's all!!
    Day 11 - 04/16 -- walked 4.39 miles in 62 mins., spent 60 mins on challenges and 25 mins on 30DS L1D2.

And, I thought *I* was busy! You are doing awesome, and setting an example of what a good day SHOULD be! Great work!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    @ KCaffee - Congrats on your Day 27 - Pool (in good time) and "tossing" in a walk... 47 min.... AWESOME!!

@ Chris - I agree you are a machine!! I smiled at your DAY 10 - walking with Leslie (4 miles) and 30 more min on another video "that's all"... OMG you amaze me! Congrats now up to DAY 11 on your 2nd round!!

:happy:

Trish
  • Trishajac
    Options

Wow, tazmac, you are ONE determined fisher! I remember my days back when Grandma and I would go out, even in the cold. She had the hardest time getting me to sit still because one I started getting cold, I'd want to move!

Nice walks today as well... nice start for your second round of the challenge!

Day 27 - It was a pool day, so 800 m each of free style, back stroke, butter fly, and 1200 m breast stroke all done in 65 minutes! And, add just to toss a little extra in - 47 minutes walking around campus.

LOL K.... yes - I really enjoy fishing - we can walk to a pond/lake from our home that is stocked with trout... and I can't wait to catch my first one!! :smile: You can add it in your calorie burn... my boyfriend did not believe the amount of calories it said we burned - but I told him I think we shivered off that many anyway! LOL
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Challenge 2 - Day 2 - 17 April 2013

TM walk this evening - 41 min total - 3.5 pace - 31 min with incline and 10 min without incline.

Keeping it going!

• kcaffee1
    Options
    Challenge 2 - Day 2 - 17 April 2013

TM walk this evening - 41 min total - 3.5 pace - 31 min with incline and 10 min without incline.

Keeping it going!

Nice day 2 for you tazmac! Keep those calories stepping off.

Day 28 - 40 minutes lifting with the trainer, 20 minutes cardio warm up (10 on the elliptical, 10 on the treadmill), some body weight work - not sure of the time, I was more concerned with an arguing knee. And 3.2 miles in 80 minutes. Though, not sure I can claim all the calories for that one - mother nature sent my adrenaline levels through the roof, which I've heard kills off calorie burns.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Hey KCaffee!

Congrats on your DAY 28 - what great variety!

Hope your knee cooperates! :smile:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Challenge 2 - Day 3 - 18 April 2013

TM walk this evening - 50 min total - 3.5 pace - 20 min with incline and 30 min without incline.

Keeping it going!

flowerforyou
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Another nice day for you tazmac.

I'm still plowing on, though had a school function tonight, which nixed the pool. Just couldn't figure out how to get to the pool, swim, get home, get the hair DRY, and back to school in 45 minutes. (It's a 30 minute drive one way... you don't by any chance have a secret time warp machine do you???) So, today for day 29 it was all campus walking - only 32 minutes. Tomorrow will be back on track... I hope!
  • cpanus
    Options

Trish,

My sweet husband taught me to fish when were were dating 33 years ago. He taught me about worms and casting and stuff...we went to different spots in San Jose...down rocks...up rocks...that year I caught one fish that we couldn't eat because it was full of mud...then he took me out on the Santa Cruz pier, we had our lines in the water for about 40 minutes...nothing...when he suddenly declared, "There aren't any fish out there." We bought crab at the fish market on the pier, got in the car and went home. That was the last time we went fishing!!!

Day 6 - is a REST day!
    Day 12 - 4/17 -- a REST DAY...went shopping with my sweet daughter!
    Day 13 - 4/18 -- walked 4.39 miles in 63 mins, spent 70 mins on other challenges. I get to Bean-sit tomorrow!!!