Shakeology by beachbody, is it worth it?

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    that's literally not at all how it works. they don't PAY ME ANYTHING. I don't have a stock of shakeology. I don't have ANY stock of ANYTHING. if they buy it from Beachbody, then Beachbody sends me a cut. That's it. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

I'm confused.

In one sentence, you said they don't pay you anything, then in the next you say you get paid...

Must be hard to keep up with all the BS that becomes with becoming a BeachBody coach..

really? playing the "intentionally obtuse" card? cute.

clients pay me nothing. beachbody pays me. very, very simple. but hey maybe that's complicated for some... who am I to judge?

Have fun "coach"!!!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member

clients pay me nothing. beachbody pays me.

So you, and I presume every other BB coach on here, have a financial incentive in promoting BB products then? (I am based in the UK so all of this is news to me.)

Whilst I actually have no issue with the profit motive I think that, as a point of best practice, that should be made clear by all coaches when promoting BB goods.

It also doesn't sit squarely with the forum rules either:

14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising

a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.

Please note that I am not singling you out here but rather making a general point as a result of what I have learned from you.
  • jrompola
    jrompola Posts: 153 Member
    Just wanted to give my opinion.

I did all of the research myself, did not ask questions in a forum, did not try a sample from a coach, did not contact any coaches, etc.

I've tried P90X numerous times and have always quit after a week or two. I don't know why, but I think it was mainly due to me trying to start a new diet with a new workout and doing both at the same time was clearly not a good thing.

So I decided to start the diet a few weeks before the workouts and this time I wanted to just try shakeology for 3 months. I have a good job and so does my wife and we live comfortable so it fits in to my budget as that $120 a month does not affect me in anyway. I know most of you probably do not spend any money per day on eating lunch out before starting you new way of eating right :) but for me I would get lunch every day and spend between 5-10 on the meal. I rationalized some other things to try and account for the money even though I said I could spend the $120 I still thought it was a lot of money for a shake and on top of that I was still going to do a protein shake twice a day and eat healthy foods. All of that and I am definitely spending more money at the grocery store per month on food + supplements. I was probably spending the same amount before with buying fruits and veggies and watching them go bad in my fridge plus eating out almost daily.

So thats a lil of the back story. I decided this time I was going to do shakeology for the 90 days and just see what happens. Well drastic things happened and that was due to sticking with the workouts and eating healthy. Did shakeology make me lose weight...no and no supplement or food will make you lose weight. Does shakeology taste good...I think it does. Some will think it does not and some may even be allergic(check the nutrients before trying/buying). Now I don't know if it is psychological or physiological, but all of my diet changes I am never really hungry anymore and I have so much more energy. That would have happened without shakeology, but I know every morning for breakfast what I'm having...whey protein/shakeo/banana/strawberries/cucumber/honeydew/ice cubes & water.

So for anyone trying to decide about a shake you have to realize this is not your answer to losing weight. It is part of an equation, but you need to see if this fits in to your budget and do some actual research.

I also signed up to be a "coach". I do not consider myself a "coach" but I will freely offer any advice to anyone and tell them my story and they can decide what they want to do for themselves. I solely did it because I knew I would be using the product and over 3 months I think it equated to a savings of $20 or so and every month you save around $15.

You have to remember its 120/month which equates to $4 a serving but that if you keep using it that 120 a month comes to over $1000 for the year and if you feel you can spend that much on 1 meal a day then by all mines it is a healthier meal than I'm sure most of us can say we used to eat. Not saying you can't find cheaper substitutes as you certainly can. I know the nutrients are not the same and so on and so on, but most of the people on this site are concerned with losing weight and calories not how many exotic nutrients their shake has.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member

clients pay me nothing. beachbody pays me.

So you, and I presume every other BB coach on here, have a financial incentive in promoting BB products then? (I am based in the UK so all of this is news to me.)

Whilst I actually have no issue with the profit motive I think that, as a point of best practice, that should be made clear by all coaches when promoting BB goods.

It also doesn't sit squarely with the forum rules either:

14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising

a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.

Please note that I am not singling you out here but rather making a general point as a result of what I have learned from you.

i wont profit unless she buys it from me, which i did not suggest, nor would she ever do. s'all good. :)
  • immz35
    immz35 Posts: 62 Member

that's literally not at all how it works. they don't PAY ME ANYTHING. I don't have a stock of shakeology. I don't have ANY stock of ANYTHING. if they buy it from Beachbody, then Beachbody sends me a cut. That's it. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

But as I said, I don't, haven't, and never will tell someone on this board that they should buy shakeology. I challenge all of you who are calling my slimy to find one instance where I have said "you should buy/use shakeology".

It's not for everyone, and the large majority of my clients don't even use it. guess what? I still work with them. I don't care if you buy it or not.

So they don't pay you anything, but if someone buys it you get paid. OH I SEE! What a complete and total difference!

Just because you don't say "You should buy shakeology" doesn't mean you aren't pitching it. How dumb do you think people are?

Oh you don't care if I buy your shake? What's next you gonna take your ball and go home?

These threads (which I always suspect are just a trap to let you coaches pitch your products) ask opinions on shakeology. I'll give mine every time, with no permission required from you. Though I know you coaches try real hard to push a "If you don't like it shutup about it" policy. Sorry, ain't gonna fly.

Well said bro...
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Beware of the beachbody salesmen.. Oops, I mean coaches. Never trust someone who wants to profit off of you. Lots of that goes on here. Despicable.
  • jrompola
    Beware of the beachbody salesmen.. Oops, I mean coaches. Never trust someone who wants to profit off of you. Lots of that goes on here. Despicable.

Hmmm never trust someone who wants to profit off of you. How do you manage to make it through the day haha :)
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    i wont profit unless she buys it from me, which i did not suggest, nor would she ever do. s'all good. :)

Fair dues.

The reason this kind of thing rankles with me is that I stopped using certain BB (body building rather than Beach Body that is!) sites because they were just a vehicle used to sell, in many case nothing more than overpriced, products to unwitting consumers.

Selling something is fine in my book as long as it is done transparently so that the consumer can make an informed choice.
  • Amberonamission

Hmmm never trust someone who wants to profit off of you. How do you manage to make it through the day haha :)
    by avoiding the beach body jackals.
  • I've tried Shakeology before, it's fine, but it's definitely not worth the price you pay for it. There are other alternative meal replacement drinks that are just as good and much cheaper.
  • CoachReddy

i hope you dont also trust the FDA....................... that would be hypocritical.
  • jrompola
    by avoiding the beach body jackals.

Good call :)

I don't think successful beachbody "coaches" troll myfitnesspal msg boards
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Just wanted to give my opinion.

I did all of the research myself, did not ask questions in a forum, did not try a sample from a coach, did not contact any coaches, etc.

I've tried P90X numerous times and have always quit after a week or two. I don't know why, but I think it was mainly due to me trying to start a new diet with a new workout and doing both at the same time was clearly not a good thing.

So I decided to start the diet a few weeks before the workouts and this time I wanted to just try shakeology for 3 months. I have a good job and so does my wife and we live comfortable so it fits in to my budget as that $120 a month does not affect me in anyway. I know most of you probably do not spend any money per day on eating lunch out before starting you new way of eating right :) but for me I would get lunch every day and spend between 5-10 on the meal. I rationalized some other things to try and account for the money even though I said I could spend the $120 I still thought it was a lot of money for a shake and on top of that I was still going to do a protein shake twice a day and eat healthy foods. All of that and I am definitely spending more money at the grocery store per month on food + supplements. I was probably spending the same amount before with buying fruits and veggies and watching them go bad in my fridge plus eating out almost daily.

So thats a lil of the back story. I decided this time I was going to do shakeology for the 90 days and just see what happens. Well drastic things happened and that was due to sticking with the workouts and eating healthy. Did shakeology make me lose weight...no and no supplement or food will make you lose weight. Does shakeology taste good...I think it does. Some will think it does not and some may even be allergic(check the nutrients before trying/buying). Now I don't know if it is psychological or physiological, but all of my diet changes I am never really hungry anymore and I have so much more energy. That would have happened without shakeology, but I know every morning for breakfast what I'm having...whey protein/shakeo/banana/strawberries/cucumber/honeydew/ice cubes & water.

So for anyone trying to decide about a shake you have to realize this is not your answer to losing weight. It is part of an equation, but you need to see if this fits in to your budget and do some actual research.

I also signed up to be a "coach". I do not consider myself a "coach" but I will freely offer any advice to anyone and tell them my story and they can decide what they want to do for themselves. I solely did it because I knew I would be using the product and over 3 months I think it equated to a savings of $20 or so and every month you save around $15.

You have to remember its 120/month which equates to $4 a serving but that if you keep using it that 120 a month comes to over $1000 for the year and if you feel you can spend that much on 1 meal a day then by all mines it is a healthier meal than I'm sure most of us can say we used to eat. Not saying you can't find cheaper substitutes as you certainly can. I know the nutrients are not the same and so on and so on, but most of the people on this site are concerned with losing weight and calories not how many exotic nutrients their shake has.

so in summary,

- you ARE a "coach".
    - you think these meal powders are good.
    - you don't think these meal powders are too expensive.

i am not surprised.
  • Amberonamission

i hope you dont also trust the FDA....................... that would be hypocritical.
    I do not
  • CoachReddy

Fair dues.

The reason this kind of thing rankles with me is that I stopped using certain BB (body building rather than Beach Body that is!) sites because they were just a vehicle used to sell, in many case nothing more than overpriced, products to unwitting consumers.

Selling something is fine in my book as long as it is done transparently so that the consumer can make an informed choice.

totally get it. i should have mentioned my coach-ness in my initial post. as i said, it wasnt intentional to leave it out.
  • CoachReddy

I do not

good! at least we agree on that. :)
  • jrompola
    so in summary,

- you ARE a "coach".
    - you think these meal powders are good.
    - you don't think these meal powders are too expensive.

i am not surprised.

So in summary I am paying an amount every month to keep the coach thing active so I can get a discount and I am by no means a coach, but thats the term they use. If you are not an active coach which means buying stuff from them or selling stuff to others you cannot be a beachbody coach. I am doing that to get a discount while using the products. Will I always use them...I dunno

I think they taste good, but I don't consider them a meal replacement as they're only 160 or so calories. I consider them part of a meal replacement.

Not too expensive for me, but for a lot of people I'm sure they would be. That's like saying 1 meal plan is good for the world. We know its not or people would not be debating 1 of the most expensive shakes on the market.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    no. it's nowhere near worth it.

the only people who will tell you it's good are "coaches" who sell it.
  • Amberonamission

I do not

good! at least we agree on that. :)
    we probably agree on more than that. I love Tony Horton's workouts. It is the beach body sales people I take issue with. And they do troll here and send uninvited sales messages. I just don't like that or trust it.
  • You can find better deals and more quality ; Labrada is one of them many other brands they do not have coaches and other people trying to profit , nothing wrong with that but for me is hard to pay more, not for the actual value of the product but for the people that are selling and advertising .