Do you "lie" on your food diary?

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I eat under 1200 every day and it's all legit. What's the point of tracking if you lie? Seems stupid and vain. Make your diary private if you care about what others think.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    IT LIVES! IT LIVES!!!
  • michael_m1989
    michael_m1989 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING! Even if am out of calories for a day and I splurge. I am brutally honest at all costs! If I lie on my diary I start slipping on other habits too and I refuse to let that happen!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    I don't lie - not to fudge with my total calories or make my diary look better, anyway.

But on rare days (like my vacation week) it's just too much trouble to figure out every ingredient in the restaurant meals so I try to either make smart choices, or eat less of my not-so-smart choices and just don't log at all.

And, of course, there's always the meals where I'm not sure exactly what I'm eating so I find what looks like the nearest item in the database and guess at an amount.

And occasionally I don't weigh, say, an apple because it's basically the same size as the apple I weighed yesterday, but I'll enter it as the same size.

All of the above is why I try to stay a bit below my goal. I figure some days I'm over-estimating, some days I'm under-estimating, but as long as I'm losing what I expect then it must be averaging out OK.

Oh yes I do all this too - I dont see it as lying though, more as approximate logging.

Since my weight has stayed stable for nearly a year doing this, it is working fine for me.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I log it all, no reason to lie to myself.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Why bother doing the work if it's not going to be accurate?

No, I don't lie.

I have had to guess on occasions where I couldn't get info (like from Disney, there is a thread going on that, lol.)

Sometimes I give the cat some of my food (she's so annoying,) Occasionally, I don't finish what I have. I never use all of the ketchup packets, but I don't change the entry.

I've forgotten to weigh things. I take a good guess. It might not be 100% accurate...but none of this is 100% accurate. :)