"Women Can't Lift Heavy"

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    40915391179.jpg

LOOK AT THIS MONSTER. SHE'S HUGE! LOOK AT HER!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Oh I got scared for a Minute. I thought I was gonna have to put down the dumb bells.

I love the pics of these women, it just makes me want to get stronger!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Yea this girl is huge... yoked, jacked, ripped, beast mode, whatever you want to call it. I try to keep my arguing with the internet to a minimum, but look at her; if you don't think she's big, you need a new pair of glasses.

samantha_wright_11.jpg

Like I said, good for her.

I was gonna say: Cute as a button.
    But, then, I would get accused of being sexist.
    (course, I can get away with such a comment, because she can probably lift more than I can. Those lifts are highly technical and require a ton of practice and dedication.)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    So relieved...

I read the thread title and was immediately pissed. Then came in and saw awesomeness.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    [/quote]

weik58f.jpg

[/quote]

Can't wait until I get huge like her! :love:
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Yea this girl is huge... yoked, jacked, ripped, beast mode, whatever you want to call it. I try to keep my arguing with the internet to a minimum, but look at her; if you don't think she's big, you need a new pair of glasses.

samantha_wright_11.jpg

(course, I can get away with such a comment, because she can probably lift more than I can. Those lifts are highly technical and require a ton of practice and dedication.)

Sorry, way too big for me. Her legs alone scare me.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

I just looked up the BMI of a 5'2", 115lb woman and got 21.... a "perfect" BMI is considered 22.

So according to that measure, she is actually on the small side.

Just wanted to insert an objective perspective here.

Wait. She's 5'2??? FML. I just found a new role model! Woot for the shorty lifters!!!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member

Sorry, way too big for me. Her legs alone scare me.

Don't look at mine. You may wet your pants.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    "Heavy" is relative.

Her lifts look quite good .
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

samantha_wright_11.jpg

She is cute.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    For the record, that girl is huge. Whether you're into that or not is a personal thing, but don't try to deny the fact that she's big. Good for her tho, she's a beast.

Are you serious? The first thing I thought was, look at that tiny pixy crushing those weights. Please tell me your joking.
  • msgingerc
    msgingerc Posts: 38
    For the record, that girl is huge. Whether you're into that or not is a personal thing, but don't try to deny the fact that she's big. Good for her tho, she's a beast.

Don't be jealous.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member

Are you serious? The first thing I thought was, look at that tiny pixy crushing those weights. Please tell me your joking.

One day I'm going to be a tiny pixie crushing weights. I'm slightly taller than her, and weigh twice what she does.
  • msgingerc

Only on the internet will a girl with a BMI of 21 be called "huge" and "big."

Sadly, buddy, that ain't true. Only on the internet, in the media, AND in real life will a girl be picked on, scrutinised, judged and labelled for being any damn thing she wants to be.
  • crossfit_lover
    crossfit_lover Posts: 230 Member
    I swear, if I had a freaking nickel for all the times I heard this!

Meet Samantha Wright. :love:

http://articles.philly.com/2012-07-29/news/32907392_1_weight-lifters-olympics-samantha-wright

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJHFnNIK1i4
    Very Nice Form!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Sadly, buddy, that ain't true. Only on the internet, in the media, AND in real life will a girl be picked on, scrutinised, judged and labelled for being any damn thing she wants to be.
    What a shrew. Clearly someone needs to get laid.

(J/k & proof of concept/case in point)
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    I like what I like. We all find different things attractive, no? I like looking and feeling feminine in my man's arms, weather I'm naked or wearing a 40s gown. My definition might be different than yours but it 's what makes me happy. :)
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member

samantha_wright_11.jpg

She is cute.

I wanna be huge like her! She's strong and looks great!
  • msgingerc
    I like what I like. We all find different things attractive, no? I like looking and feeling feminine in my man's arms, weather I'm naked or wearing a 40s gown. My definition might be different than yours but it 's what makes me happy. :)

Where does "way too big for me" and "her legs alone scare me" fit into "I like what I like" and "We all find different things attractive" and "My definition might be different than yours but it's what makes me happy"?

Liking what you like, finding different things attractive, and being/doing what makes you happy is great - I applaud you for it. Don't use it as an excuse to demean women (or men, for that matter) who don't fit into your definition of what you like, what you find attractive, and what makes you happy.

It's called live and let live.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member

Do you think Samantha doesn't feel feminine because she's strong? Does feminine mean weak?