"Women Can't Lift Heavy"

Replies

• GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    For the record, that girl is huge. Whether you're into that or not is a personal thing, but don't try to deny the fact that she's big. Good for her tho, she's a beast.

Don't be jealous.

Oh, I am. . . . a little. . . Ah shoot! I am!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    For the record, that girl is huge. Whether you're into that or not is a personal thing, but don't try to deny the fact that she's big. Good for her tho, she's a beast.

Might be time to shedule that eye exam you've been putting off. Seriously!
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member

lolwut?

lol right, I want to be "huge" like this chick then. ugh
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Yea this girl is huge... yoked, jacked, ripped, beast mode, whatever you want to call it. I try to keep my arguing with the internet to a minimum, but look at her; if you don't think she's big, you need a new pair of glasses.

samantha_wright_11.jpg

Like I said, good for her.

I was gonna say: Cute as a button.
    But, then, I would get accused of being sexist.
    (course, I can get away with such a comment, because she can probably lift more than I can. Those lifts are highly technical and require a ton of practice and dedication.)

Sorry, way too big for me. Her legs alone scare me.

wow, I never thought I would see you body shaming :ohwell:
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    From Zoe Pablo Smiths blog
    .... we don’t lift weights in order to look hot, especially for the likes of men like that. What makes them think that we even WANT them to find us attractive? If you do, thanks very much, we’re flattered. But if you don’t, why do you really need to voice this opinion in the first place, and what makes you think we actually give a toss that you, personally, do not find us attractive?...
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    40915391179.jpg

LOOK AT THIS MONSTER. SHE'S HUGE! LOOK AT HER!

Sorry what were you saying? I was distracted by her *kitten*...... I mean her assets!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    And while you may think her thighs are "too big", it seems kind of silly to pick one body point for reference to call the rest of what is a fairly small person "huge".

BTW, my glasses are on and the prescription is accurate ;)

What I said: she's big
    What you heard: she's too big

Relax...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWOsifEnVXvgJmxIHoGLz2VgGm2V-Xd7V9H8LYAMDVIwBfQ973Uw

How strange. I guess you've never seen a large person before. Check my profile page, and look at my photos if you need a comparison. I am a large woman. This woman is like half my size, so no, not big. Quite small, in fact.
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member

Is she taking up too much space? Not lean enough for you? Go away with your comments.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    I like what I like. We all find different things attractive, no? I like looking and feeling feminine in my man's arms, weather I'm naked or wearing a 40s gown. My definition might be different than yours but it 's what makes me happy. :)

There's liking what you like, and there's liking what you like and putting down something that isn't what you like. Ascribing anything remotely muscular (and by muscular, I mean having a low body fat % without having less LBM) as being not feminine is dismissive. Yes, we can all have different definitions of a subjective term like that, and no, you didn't outrightly say she ISN'T feminine, but when you say you are "scared" of a body part and that you prefer a look that is different than hers (than put that "feminine" label on it), that's going to seem like shade.

Particularly when people aren't getting upset because someone found someone else unattractive by their standards. People are upset that pretty loaded terms ("big," "huge," "scary") were applied to an already (unfortunately) "controversial" aesthetic. And this thread wasn't even about, "Wow, this woman is sexy; all other looks are not!" (and I would argue that many of the "lifting is sexy!" threads aren't, either, but often get warped into that by comments like these); this thread was, "Women get told they can't lift heavy, and here's an awesome one who can!"
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    :grumble: << This whole thread makes me feel like this!

I was discussing lifting with a friend, and when he heard how much I squat he replied, "Whoa- that's too much for a girl." <And NOT in the wow I'm impressed kind of way. I promptly sent him a picture of my legs/a** in a bikini... and shut his BS down.

FTR, I am HUGE. haha :-)
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    She's cute. Seriously.

and I'm jealous (of her perfect form, massive amount of weight that she lifts, and the physical assets of her lower half)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    I think the funny bit is that if she was actually a little bit leaner (ie. closer to BB numbers) then I think there would be a whole heap more haters for looking bulky despite being lower BF%. Low BF% makes the appearance of more muscle mass. And I'd say her current level would be close to optimal for performance which is most likely what she's after, not praise from randoms on the internet about her physique :laugh:
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Women shouldn't lift heavy. If they do then they won't have any use for me when the pickle jar needs to be opened. And therefore ending all the things I was good for in the first place.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Yea this girl is huge... yoked, jacked, ripped, beast mode, whatever you want to call it. I try to keep my arguing with the internet to a minimum, but look at her; if you don't think she's big, you need a new pair of glasses.

Like I said, good for her.

But she's NOT huge. There's more to feminine beauty than willowy types. She's muscular, but HUGE? :noway:
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Women shouldn't lift heavy. If they do then they won't have any use for me when the pickle jar needs to be opened. And therefore ending all the things I was good for in the first place.

No, we still need you to look manly, it it makes us look and feel feminine in your arms.

(see what I did there. Did ya?)
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    I dont even think of posting examples for people anymore, I just walk through these threads thinking, I am my own goddamn success story. I don't need to prove anything to the girls who will give any excuse to get out of doing things the embarrassing hard as nails way in favor of having it handed to them.

I'll never see this argument as 'well i dont prefer that body' or 'dang that girl is hot!!!' - All I see is - there are girls working hard and pushing themselves in the weight room and they are all kicking so much *kitten* no matter what level they are at - beginner or elite. Or I see girls on the internet working hard to collect ALL the excuses and procrastinate reaching the goals they claim to want so bad and none of them are impressing me.

SO.

High Fives everyone that respects girls who lift heavy.

Bolded for emphasis as that was my point! :D
  • msgingerc
    msgingerc Posts: 38

No, we still need you to look manly, it it makes us look and feel feminine in your arms.

(see what I did there. Did ya?)

BOOM! Love your work, lol.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    If she's huge at 5'2" and 115 pounds I wonder what I am at 5'9" and 160.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member

I can deadlift 200lbs with overhand grip, have big hands for a woman and still have issues with pickle jars.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    This should be a forum of its own. Women lifting. There should be a mandatory 50 new threads a day too. With pics.:love: