What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast, haven't eaten breakfast since I was a kid in middle school.
  • econgel
    econgel Posts: 2
    Options
    breakfast burrito.......only 462 cals.
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers shake or egg whites. (190 cal or 120 cal. LOTS of protein)
  • jmyoung971
    jmyoung971 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses!! I shouldnt have a problem finding a new breakfast idea!!
  • melissapagel1
    Options
    bob evans breakfast bakes or 1 cup shredded wheat no milk
  • XRavenhood
    XRavenhood Posts: 102
    Options
    Here's a nice switch-up for breakfast.
    Comes out to a filling, wholesome 460 calories.

1 cup of cooked quinoa
    1 tbsp coconut oil
    1 tbsp chopped pecans
    2 tbsp raisins, soaked
    cinnamon and salt

Lovin' it =)
  • shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    2 poached eggs over steamed spinach and mushrooms and sweet potato mash :flowerforyou:
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm on a hard cooked egg w/ cheese spread and an Atkins Shake kick at the moment. Lots of protein, keeps me full til lunch, and usually comes in at about 300 calories. Also, this is super quick in the morning. I have my egg and cheese before I leave for work and then my shake about an hour into my work day. Just grab and go.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    3 eggs scrambled and mixed with cubed ham, about a cup of raisin bran with 1% milk, about a quarter of a big tub of greek yogurt, a good sized coffee, and half an apple (my daughter eats the other half)

this sounds like my kind of brekkie. about how many calories total is this?
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I had two hard boiled eggs, but was still feeling peckish about an hour later, so I muched on some mixed berries. I love hard boiled eggs to breakfast. They help give me energy for the day!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Four extra large eggs (two whole, two whites)
    Wholly Guacamole 100 calories pack
    4 tbsp salsa

Cooked in ghee or coconut oil.

Generally about 450 calories and it easily keeps me satiated until lunchtime.

I might vary the spices or add some veggies to the eggs, but his is my breakfast every day.
  • MrsTheunissen
    MrsTheunissen Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with blueberries.
  • Bluepopsicle_25
    Bluepopsicle_25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    During the weekdays i have a couple of go too's, I eat something high in potein (scrambled egg whites, hard boiled eggs, greek yoghurt etc.) a side fruit always, and either a skim milk cheese string, laughing cow wedge, or light babybel mini.

On the weekends I love making egg white frittata's. I sautee some onions and garlic, then toss in some veggies - mushrooms, peppers, black olives and spinich are good. Sometimes add some turkey bacon or sausage, ham, whatever. pour eggwhites over it all and top with light cheese, and spice it depending on my ingredients. put a lid on it and leave it on med-low for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the eggs are firm on top. Use a spatuala to cut into wedges like a pie. It is very versitle and you can get quite creative with it. Also really low cal.

For an on the go version you can put the whole mixture into a muffin tin, bake it in the oven until cooked through and freeze the frittata pucks, reheating in the microwave as you need them.
  • misifer
    misifer Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I struggle with breakfast because I haven't seemed to get it "just right" yet, but here are some I've had lately...

small toasted bagel w/cream cheese OR carrot bran muffin and a banana
    3 hard boiled eggs
    steel cut oats with a tbsp of brown sugar
    cheesy scrambled eggs (2) and a couple pieces of bacon rolled in a tortilla (also good with tomato in the eggs)
    smoothie of vanilla yogurt, frozen berries and/or banana, and a little of whatever juice I have available (usually OJ or pineapple)
    wheat toast with peanut butter and honey

Today I tried sliced ham and cheese melted on a Flatout. I think it would be better with a different cheese and toasted instead of warmed in the microwave. I'll try again tomorrow!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Eggs with 2 slices of deli ham
    Quest bar
    Whole grain bagel with low fat cream cheese (and smoked salmon if I have some)

Going to have to read this thread, breakfast is always rushed though.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 5:45 am to get to my office by 7 am so I go for something quick and easy. Protein shake or a protein bar, greek yogurt, fruit, or oatmeal (not tthe instant packaged kind). single item or combination - depending upon how hungry I am and whether or not I have early morning meetings.
  • Tanna2007
    Options
    My go to breakfast smoothie is one that I add either frozen berries or a banana, or mango if I have it with carnation breakfast essentials (fruit varies, depending on the flavor of the powder I guess), plain coconut milk, spinach and sometimes chia seeds, bee pollen or hemp hearts. If it's way too thick I'll just add a little water. I like the variety of flavors of the carnation breakfast essentials. it helps keep me from getting bored. :)
  • Stormie956
    Stormie956 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    2 egg whites with 1 tablespoon of lite mayo on a toast
  • amyplaysflute
    amyplaysflute Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Special k red berries or a fiber one bar. I also like to eat plain oatmeal with raisins in it, but I'm in a dorm and that can be such a pain.
  • Rgtjax85
    Rgtjax85 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yu did not say what you normally so I know what not to mention. I usually do one of these in a rotating manner...raisin nut bran w/skim milk,// three eggs with cheese and hot pace salsa//, chick fila breakfast burrito, quacker plain oatmeal with blackberries or apples.