The stupidest thing you used to think...

Options
Something so ridiculous that you can't even believe you used to think that way.

It used to be that if I saw a really fit girl running on the street I would think to myself: "Really? She is trying to loose more weight? Seriously, she has problems if she is not happy with the way she looks."

It did not even occur to me that she may NOT be trying to loose any weight, that she just wants to be fit, healthy, and have great muscle tone and healthy heart.

Replies

• theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    This is small - but I used to despise broccoli, spinach, and diet sodas. Now broccoli and spinach are a HUGE part of my diet, and I love it. And I can never imagine drinking regular sodas, although I don't drink diet that often....
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I have asthma so I can't run.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    cardio was a necessity .
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'd never be able to run.
  • vportiz
    vportiz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used to think that you HAD to only eat salads & vegetables all the time to get skinny. I learned that you don't have to starve yourself to lose weight. Portion control & lots of exercise is what does it for me. :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    That you had to cut out certain foods or eat certain specific foods. I'm happy that's been corrected.
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I drink about 10 cans of diet Mtn Dew a day. I have to buy it two or three cases at a time because I literally feel I'll die without it. Now that's just stupid.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    You started counting down in age when you get to 40. This is my Moms fault.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    have to eat 30g of protein within 30mins of waking up to prevent catabolism.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    You can't have cake for breakfast.
  • EvilDollee
    EvilDollee Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Happy hour starts at 3pm/
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    That eating half a plate of baked potatoes and skipping the roast was healthy because potato is a vegetable
  • Blondie251975
    Blondie251975 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ^^^THIS!!! :)
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I used to think "things will be better when ____________" (insert any of several excuses here).
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Walmart only uses legal immigrants
  • japanluv21
    japanluv21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Stupidest thing I used to think? That there was no Jesus D: (I'm a new Christian)
  • nooodll
    nooodll Posts: 38
    Options
    That I could eat anything I wanted....forever.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I used to think I had to exercise to lose weight. (It helps, but it's not necessary.)
    I used to think I had to cut out certain foods to lose weight.
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I used to think that there was an invisible man in the sky who watched everyone every second of the day. He had 10 rules we couldn't break and if we did he'd punish us for eternity in a very hot place....BUT...he loved us.:wink:

George Carlin RIP, now he was THE MAN.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Before I joined the site, I tried to lose weight on my own and had no idea about BMR. I thought "calories in < calories out" meant that I had to work off ALL of the calories I ate in a day. I netted negative calories for a while and eventually gained all of that weight back. Now I'm losing more weight by eating 1700-2000 calories a day, and I'm not nearly as irritable.