The stupidest thing you used to think...

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I used to think that carbs make you fat.
  • jljshoe1979
    jljshoe1979 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    That I have to choose between being thin and miserable or chubby and happy...can't help it - I like food. chubby = big-boned as my mother-in-law called me recently
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    The stupidest thing I used to think was "I can eat horrible today, I'll start a diet tomorrow..."
  • ForMyAngelBaby
    ForMyAngelBaby Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Stupidest thing I used to think? That there was no Jesus D: (I'm a new Christian)

This is AWESOME! (You being a new Christian that is)
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    That a giant bowl of pasta was fine because it was "low fat" (Damn you Susan Powter!)
  • jljshoe1979
    jljshoe1979 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Stupidest thing I used to think? That there was no Jesus D: (I'm a new Christian)

This is AWESOME! (You being a new Christian that is)

Congratulations!! Can't wait to see both of you in Heaven (in our awesome, perfect, new bodies):happy:
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    have to eat 30g of protein within 30mins of waking up to prevent catabolism.

I read that as cannibalism!

Honestly, a good breakfast helps prevent that too. :)
  • Snoozypaws3000
    Snoozypaws3000 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have asthma so I can't run.

Ditto
    Started running and getting fitter and now hardly ever have to use my inhaler at all
    x
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    I used to say people who exercise are boring... I was younger and was unhealthy myself.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Happy hour starts at 3pm/

OMG this. So happy to figure out it started at noon.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    have to eat 30g of protein within 30mins of waking up to prevent catabolism.

I read that as cannibalism!

Got to get the protein in anyway you can.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    That I could eat anything I wanted....forever.

:blushing:
  • Jonesyuno
    Jonesyuno Posts: 17
    Options
    I used to hate running unless playing basketball. Now, once my strep throat clears, I really want to run again
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Oh, while we're branching away from fitness:

I used to believe in the "five second rule", and would eat anything off of any surface so long as I snatched it up quick enough. I shudder to think of what I ingested as a teenager...!

I believed in that as a child. Thankfully, though I'm not sure if this is true for teenagers, eating stuff off the ground or being exposed to germs in general is helpful for building immunities.

this is true .. my mum didnt let me get dirty and i was always sick the doctor told her it was because i didnt get near germs so when i did i didnt have any antibodies and would just get sick .. my sister the second child was aloud to play in the dirt ect and shes never sick never has been that i remember ... now ive a two year old and im trying to hard not to disinfect every toy every 5 mins ..ive still a germ phobia .. i blame my mother lol
  • AQ3107
    AQ3107 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I never used to think. Once I started thinking - that's when my problems began.
    How I miss those carefree, thinkless days.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I used to think that there was an invisible man in the sky who watched everyone every second of the day. He had 10 rules we couldn't break and if we did he'd punish us for eternity in a very hot place....BUT...he loved us.:wink:

excuse me while I roll my eyes

You're excused.

Oh so YOU'RE the deity?

(hint: you're not superior because you believe something different. Tolerance. Try it. )
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    That I would never ever Ever do an exercise dvd. Since being here I've done shred twice and now doing ripped and yoga meltdown, what would the younger me say? and i have never looked or felt this darn good :)
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    My former silly thoughts:

1).Thought I was big-boned. lol
    2) Thought it had to be all or nothing
    3) Used to think exercise was annoying.

Nope, nope and nope! :):drinker:
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    That exercise, eating right and fitness were an all or nothing proposition. Meaning there was no room for desserts, you had to severely restrict carbs, you couldn't eat full fat cheeses or drink anything but fat free milk. There was no such thing as "Moderation," it was just deprivation-driven and you had to learn to accept it if you wanted to be healthy. Also that if you didn't bust *kitten* in the gym 5+ days a week, you'd never get anywhere.
  • jedibunny
    jedibunny Posts: 321
    Options
    Happy hour starts at 3pm/

OMG this. So happy to figure out it started at noon.

This is why I love you.

My stupid thing: I use to honestly think that I was eating more healthily than others because I was raised veg. Problem is, I was raised veg without any major source of protein at meals except the occasional tofu, tempeh or veggie burger. Most of my meals consisted of carbs and more carbs and then veggies. And carbs. (And I wondered why I was always tired in gym class.)

I still love carbs, but try to eat whole grain based ones, and nowadays I consciously seek out sources of protein other than soy and cheese.

Second stupid thing: not thinking I'd ever enjoy physical activity aside from that which I did "for fun" (like biking and hiking when I was a teenager, or dancing at parties, or etc.). I now understand that working out feels GREAT if you do it right.

Also, people, can we PLEASE save the religion for, say, a faith-based group? We all have different ideas about that. Some happen to make sense. I for example believe in The Force, the Triforce, time travel, weeping angels, wizardry, astrophysics, and of course The One Ring, but I don't care if you do. And really - I don't care if you're Christian or not. Few of us do, and this isn't the place to debate the virtues or fallacies of belief in "x".

..though Carlin does kind of rock my world.

p.s. - whomever mentioned Shaun of the Dead is my hero.