The stupidest thing you used to think...

Options

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    The stupidest thing that I used to believe: that a low fat diet would make me slim and healthy.
    The second stupidest thing that I used to believe: that calories alone were the ONLY factor in weight loss or weight gain.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    That I could starve myself and that it would work.

That I didn't have to exercise.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    That I could eat anything I wanted....forever.

For sure...this! :ohwell:
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I also used to think women gave birth through their belly-buttons. (I was around 8 years old, though.)
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    That dogs r boys, and cats r girls. That there a 3 men living in the traffic lights that choose when they change. That when we were driving to the snow to go skiing we were driving into the clouds :P All from my childhood. Oh to have that imagination again!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    have to eat 30g of protein within 30mins of waking up to prevent catabolism.

I read that as cannibalism!
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I used to think that there was an invisible man in the sky who watched everyone every second of the day. He had 10 rules we couldn't break and if we did he'd punish us for eternity in a very hot place....BUT...he loved us.:wink:

Marry me?
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I have asthma so I can't run.

BAHAHA this is what I used to think too!!!!!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I used to think that anyone who ran was crazy, that there was no possible way anyone could enjoy running when it's such a strain on your system!

...Then I started getting more active, and realized that sometimes walking just isn't fast enough!
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    LOL @ photog. It would never work. :wink:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I used to think that if you broke your leg, your leg literally was in two separate pieces.
  • rmarie98
    rmarie98 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I used to think that there was an invisible man in the sky who watched everyone every second of the day. He had 10 rules we couldn't break and if we did he'd punish us for eternity in a very hot place....BUT...he loved us.:wink:

excuse me while I roll my eyes
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I also used to think women gave birth through their belly-buttons. (I was around 8 years old, though.)

When I was four and my mom was pregnant with my brother, she told me he'd be born through a door that would appear in her back. She soon came to regret this lie because I spent the next nine months sneaking up behind her and lifting her shirt up to look for the magic door.
  • Umeboshi
    Options

excuse me while I roll my eyes

You're excused.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Oh, while we're branching away from fitness:

I used to believe in the "five second rule", and would eat anything off of any surface so long as I snatched it up quick enough. I shudder to think of what I ingested as a teenager...!
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I used to think that anyone who ran was crazy, that there was no possible way anyone could enjoy running when it's such a strain on your system!

...Then I started getting more active, and realized that sometimes walking just isn't fast enough!

I thought this at one point too. Now I'm getting into the C25k program, and I LOVE it. :)
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I never believed in the magical sky fairy, so I don't have to waste my one "stupidest thing I ever thought..." on that particular thing.

For me, it was that doctors and nutritionists knew the best way to eat for heatlh. Not their fault entirely, if you're taught the wrong information, you learn the wrong information.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options

I used to believe in the "five second rule", and would eat anything off of any surface so long as I snatched it up quick enough. I shudder to think of what I ingested as a teenager...!

Ummm...mine is the 10 second rule and I'm still alive and well. A good testimony to our immune system...hehe.
  • Umeboshi
    Options

I believed in that as a child. Thankfully, though I'm not sure if this is true for teenagers, eating stuff off the ground or being exposed to germs in general is helpful for building immunities.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    When I was little, my brother would tell me that he'd give me A MILLION DOLLARS if I went to get him a drink.

I was gullible enough to get him that drink more than just a few times. :\