The stupidest thing you used to think...

Options

Replies

• jenniferswooten
    jenniferswooten Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That if I "broke" my diet with something "naughty" then the day was a write off and I could just eat what I wanted and get back on it the next day.

So many misconceptions in one sentence!

Yep me too.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    These are great!

The stupidest thing I used to think was that if some expert said things worked "THIS way" then my body must be wrong if it didn't work the way the so-called expert said.

For example, everyone says you should cut out red meat. Well, my body does better with beef than with chicken. People say distance runners can't stay fat. After 25+ marathons and half marathons over 6 years with no weight loss, I finally discovered that high intensity exercise works best for my body.

When I learned to listen to my body, I became much more successful at fitness and health.
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    That I had to starve myself and suffer to lose weight.......NOT TRUE and I've never been more content.:smile::heart:
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    "I can't"
  • Paganrosemama
    Paganrosemama Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I used to believe that since I was paper thin and hypoglycemic through my teens and early 20's that I would be able to eat anything and everything and not have to worry about weight gain ever...
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    That a calorie was just a calorie despite what it was. Meaning I would eat pizza, processed food and fast foods and thought it was okay as long as I stayed at my calorie out for the day. Did this most days of the week.????
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have so many!!!! So glad I don't think this way anymore!

- That I was happy as a Morbidly Obese person, because hey I was smiling and I'm just a darn good person!
    - That my weight/health status was heriditary and I COULD NOT CHANGE IT because of that
    - That I'd never fall in love
    - That I'd never be thin and healthy
    - That I didn't learn well and was stupid because I was a bad test taker
    - Because I couldn't learn I'd never go to post secondary schooling
    - That MY GOD was outside of me instead of within me

And one for fun...

- That I was one day older than my dad because my Birthday is one day before his (04.20) :)
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    That I could eat whatever and however much I wanted as long as I exercised. NOPE!

It takes both (for me) - eating less and moving more. :-) Almost 30 pounds later... it's working!
  • Kimberly3013
    Kimberly3013 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That I would never get old.
  • bluebuggy1970
    bluebuggy1970 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    When I was 5, I used to believe my stepmonster when she said the cabbage salad was made of raw onions.... now I know she is and always full of ****... Now... I believe I can actually lose weight thanks to this site...love my app!
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Oh! I used to think that time was in a loop. So for example when we die, and our children's children die, time will eventually loop around and start over again, the dinosaurs would get to live again, get killed by a meteor, then we get to live again.
    It was when I was really little though, I used to think about stuff like that for some reason, weird :blushing:

This might be true on a much, much, much larger scale.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_model
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Being rich was the only thing that mattered.
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    That eating the same food but staying within my calorie limit will still get me to the body that I wanted, toned and defined LOL!

I just learned actually yesterday the reason why my tummy stayed flabby after I lost weight before.

Please share the reason!
  • rhunter325
    rhunter325 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can someone please explain catabolism to me? I do hard core cycling for one hour three days a week. Usually I get home at 830pm and then eat dinner.. should I be eating something other than that?
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    That California would fall into the ocean. haha - my childhood fear growing up there!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    That California would fall into the ocean. haha - my childhood fear growing up there!

What?? You mean it won't? Been waiting and waiting for this to happen for over 40 years now! damn
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I used to think I'd always be a lightweight, and I'd never be able to handle my liquor.

I use to think I was not a lightweight and could handle my liquor....stupidest thing ever.

But back to nutrition and fitness, I honestly believed if I didn't starve myself with only eating a small salad for lunch I couldn't possibly lose weight. =/

Oh and that I would always be thin because I was in high school. BIG mistake.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    That eating half a plate of baked potatoes and skipping the roast was healthy because potato is a vegetable

^^THIS
  • ChunkieNuts
    ChunkieNuts Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    if i eat nothing i will lose weight and i must keep my calories as low as i can....PAHLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I USED 2 THINK WEN I SAW SOMEONE WIT A FLAT BOOTIE DAT DEY SAT DOWN 2 MUCH. LOL!

LMBO! This made me laugh out loud for real. But I also thought the same. :embarassed: