• BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and my boyfriend is 44. No regrets. When it's right, it's right

When we started dating, we were 23 and 39. .:heart:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    I would have to think really hard before I dated anyone I worked with......again. :tongue:
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the work thing is the bigger deal imo.
  • Jenrosa28
    Jenrosa28 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I like older guys, they seem to have their stuff together and they usually want the same things as I do!!
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! The work thing, while a concern because of potential awkwardness, is not an HR concern. Actually, he's technically in HR.... :)
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I like older guys, they seem to have their stuff together and they usually want the same things as I do!!

So younger guys dont have their stuff together? hmmm, younger guys dont have goals? hmmm
  • Jenrosa28
    Options
    Im sure they do, its the ones that I've met that haven't figured out what they want yet. Again, I'm sure they have goals, and really awesome goals at that!!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me.....
  • Jenrosa28
    Options
    Thanks!! :)
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Only 5 years more han the age gap between me and my partner. I don't see it being a problem. :D
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    It's fine. Go for it.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I know 2 guys (40 ) who have partners that are much, much younger than them...

I don't get it...
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I would think she is going to love what 48 years of experience and learning will bring. :smokin:

this...

If you connect you connect, age doesn't matter too much.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Don't care about age, but when/if the fling/relationship goes south, he's in HR, so his job is secure.

Your job, on the other hand.......is it worth the possible risk?
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the work thing is the bigger deal imo.

^^^ This. Age is not a big deal.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Age is a factor if you want to have kids. Because the age difference may mean he doesn't want kids or perhaps may die at a somewhat young age.

My fiances father was 15 years older than his mother. They had a good life, he also left his son fatherless at age 13 when he died in his late fifties... even if he lived into his sixties he wouldn't have known his granddaughter who was just born this year... Just saying..
  • acm2789
    acm2789 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

Yup this is why Im attracted to older guys more often....but then I seem to choose the guys who have too much going on and/or past the point of wanting anything too serious. Or maybe it's me and thats just what they tell me haha

But yeah I agree with everyone saying it's not about the number its about maturity level
  • Jenrosa28
    Options
    I concur!!
  • mhiggi02
    mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options
    Age is a factor if you want to have kids. Because the age difference may mean he doesn't want kids or perhaps may die at a somewhat young age.

My fiances father was 15 years older than his mother. They had a good life, he also left his son fatherless at age 13 when he died in his late fifties... even if he lived into his sixties he wouldn't have known his granddaughter who was just born this year... Just saying..

I agree. If kids aren't in the cards it's really no big deal in an of itself. Find someone who treats you right - don't be concerned with what others think.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Don't care about age, but when/if the fling/relationship goes south, he's in HR, so his job is secure.

Your job, on the other hand.......is it worth the possible risk?

Yes. That would be the concern. It's more than potential awkwardness. If you didn't work together, I'd say go for it and don't look back.