Older guys...

Options

Replies

• CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    I'm not overly picky about age. I find that I mix best with men older than me or the same age. I have also dated slightly younger men. I would worry about the job issue in your situation. Good luck!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I was done after the first sentence. The age thing is completely immaterial. The work thing is what you really, really need to think about.
    Yeah, that. I didn't even read the full paragraph. Age is no matter. But how important is your job to you?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I've always dated older guys :) It's all about the maturity level.

And my older husband has always been 12.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Age ain't nothing but a number!! :)

Completely agree...age is all in the heart and mind and only a number on paper...so I say to for it!
  • crawford4398
    crawford4398 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    It Always an older man for me !!!!
    I wouldn`t have it any other way.
  • DaBigChief
    DaBigChief Posts: 146
    Options
    A 28 yo will love what a 40 something guy has to offer. He's got experience ????
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    that I still have it...................:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I think young girls dating old guys is nasty, same thing if it's the opposite.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Age is immaterial unless the tounger person is underage.

As others have said, I'd think harder about the work thing.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I'm an older guy, been there, seen it done it etc.,

the age thing is no problem whatsoever, attraction is attraction

BUT, like others have said, the work issue; he's in HR & presumably senior in the company, that could become an issue when & if things break up, would be an issue even if you were the same age
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Age makes no difference

^^^^^ THIS!

Personally I ADORE older guys but for me I would probably not go over 25 years older than me just for the sake of social acceptance.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many guys your age would be into a 40+ woman? There is a HUGE double standard on this one and its really ridiculous. any 40+ guy who's into dating 20 somethings is usually A. a sugar daddy who only sees her as an easy lay/arm candy/pice of meat, or B. a loser who can't impress women his own age.

Also, remember when you are HIS age he will be a senior citizen. May seem sexy now..but it's not so cool when you're middle aged and he's ready for a nursing home.

i wouldn't be into most 40+ women because most 40+ women are unattractive to me. a lot of younger women think 40+ year old men are attractive, so it isn't a double standard.
  • MeeshyBW
    Options
    The trouble with older women is they often come with a lot of baggage.

Guys want a woman who makes them feel good, young, like a stud. Typically women into their 40's have been married, divorced, had kids, can be jaded, lack energy etc. Guys want to feel they are the provider and it is sometimes very difficult to do that when the woman is 40 and established.

I am not talking about ALL women over 40 before you all jump on me!!!
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options

Guys want a woman who makes them feel good, young, like a stud. Typically women into their 40's have been married, divorced, had kids, can be jaded, lack energy etc. Guys want to feel they are the provider and it is sometimes very difficult to do that when the woman is 40 and established.

I don't know about that. I get hit on by men of all ages including many who are 20 years younger than me, and most find it attractive that I'm experienced, fit, financially secure, sophisticated and make him feel like a stud despite being emotionally stable and very independent. So I think it depends on the woman (and the man who wants her) personally.
  • MeeshyBW
    Options

I don't know about that. I get hit on by men of all ages including many who are 20 years younger than me, and most find it attractive that I'm experienced, fit, financially secure, sophisticated and make him feel like a stud despite being emotionally stable and very independent. So I think it depends on the woman (and the man who wants her) personally.

I think we are both on the other side of the fence! I have dated lots of older men and you have dated young guys. You are right, it is different for different people. :)
  • susheetush
    Options
    Make no mistake. Most young hot 20 somethings do NOT find 40+ men "attractive" physically. Most of them like his "secureity" aka $$$$. Don't get it twisted. If Mick Jaggar drove cab he'd be lucky if Roseanne Barr looked at him twice. Also, I am 42, and get hit on by 20 something men frequently. I am not into men young enough to be my offspring however. Why? Because I think it's wrong to mess with someone from the dating pool your child (or someone young enough to be your child), is in.

Lol I wish I'd said that. I have a rule: my eldest child's age + 7 years, so 30 is a minimum for me too. My boyfriend is 42 and after dating mostly younger men, it's a nice change to be with someone whose maturity (and immaturity!) matches mine.
  • DrLewall
    DrLewall Posts: 1
    Options
    This thread has been quite entertaining to read. Thanks! :bigsmile:
  • susheetush
    Options
    This thread has been quite entertaining to read. Thanks! :bigsmile:

I'm here all week. Try the veal. :)