PEELING UR FRUITS

Options

Replies

• erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I really feel like this thread is borderline racist.

^^Thank you! I am glad I am not the only one who thought this!

I really don't get this. Are you implying the OP speaks this way because of her race? If so, THAT actually seems racist to me.

No. I'm NOT implying that she speaks that way because of her race. I'm saying the only thing she did was write in caps and take some letters out. Everyone else is adding in other stereotypical sounding words.

Read what else i wrote :
    I really feel like this thread is borderline racist.

so far you are the only one that has drawn a correlation to the avatar and how everyone is making fun of the way he has chosen to communicate.

So, is it the thread, or you?

I'm drawing the conclusions based on how everyone is choosing to speak. OP wrote in Caps. Everyone else is talking about PER TATERS, HATERZ, and PIMP SWG and other stuff added in with caps. I find it to be quite offensive honestly.

It's racist that you feel these words are only used by one specific "race"... I thought we had equality? I can't be 'white' and say haterz or swag?

Oh no... you can be white and say those things i say them all the time...
    but I'm wondering why the people who chose to use those words.... picked those words specifically...

as i said I'm wondering why the people who chose to use those words in the first place... picked those words specifically... it seemed racist to me. OP was writing in caps and taking out letters. she wasn't saying **** like pimp swag haterz etc.

Yall must really not be understanding my logic here.
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    SINCE NO ONE I KNOW EATS THE PEEL OF AN ORANGE DO U WEIGH THE ORANGE THEN EAT THE ORANGE THEN WEIGH THE PEEL AFTERWARDS TO GET THE ACCURATE GRAMS OF THE ORANGE? LET ME KNOW HOW U GET IT DONE.

For everyone on here trying to make fun of him and all black people...his original posts was in all caps but not Ebonics. he switched to Ebonics when Fred Doyle did, I am assuming to make fun of him for being black, read his post.. Any comments he may have made in his diary that were in Ebonics are of no relevance to this thread. This thread is ridiculous and very disappointing to see on MFP. BTW many white Americans don't speak proper English either. Grow up

HE is a SHE!!
    And I think the point being made by some is you are RIGHT...not all white Americans speak proper English!
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Who the hell weighs a frickin orange??? Good lord people
  • rcryer631
    rcryer631 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I eat the peel and all most of the vitamins are in the peel, and I hate getting orange peel under my nails. Just grab one and eat it.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    this was almost as epic as the back fat thread the other day...
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

That's just been reposted :noway:
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    wow. The only race related comments that have come from anyone in this entire 12 pages are from the people that keep insisting it is a racist thread.

it has nothing to do with race. there are a bunch of people making fun of a particular choice of words used, or spelled, or whatever. mob mentality? probably a little. Mob bullying? maybe, I guess. Racist? not until you three or four decided it was racist.

The funny thing is you keep stomping up and down insisting on the fact.

I say you are the racists. You are the ones that looked at how people were making fun of the words used, looked at the avatar, and turned it into a color thing.

As someone said, the avatar could have been blank and this thread would have gone the same direction.

for the record, I'm not a racist. I pretty much hate everyone the same.
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    SINCE NO ONE I KNOW EATS THE PEEL OF AN ORANGE DO U WEIGH THE ORANGE THEN EAT THE ORANGE THEN WEIGH THE PEEL AFTERWARDS TO GET THE ACCURATE GRAMS OF THE ORANGE? LET ME KNOW HOW U GET IT DONE.

For everyone on here trying to make fun of him and all black people...his original posts was in all caps but not Ebonics. he switched to Ebonics when Fred Doyle did, I am assuming to make fun of him for being black, read his post.. Any comments he may have made in his diary that were in Ebonics are of no relevance to this thread. This thread is ridiculous and very disappointing to see on MFP. BTW many white Americans don't speak proper English either. Grow up

^Thank you!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    This whole thread hurts my brain so much. But it's not just young people...I have a friend (mid 40s, NOT this generation of texters!) who replaces EVERY "s" in a word with "z" when she types/texts. I just don't get it...she has to do this on purpose, it's not a shortcut or simplification of any kind.

Mind blown at this entire thread.
    But I did laugh so hard I cried.
  • erickita89
    Options
    wow. The only race related comments that have come from anyone in this entire 12 pages are from the people that keep insisting it is a racist thread.

it has nothing to do with race. there are a bunch of people making fun of a particular choice of words used, or spelled, or whatever. mob mentality? probably a little. Mob bullying? maybe, I guess. Racist? not until you three or four decided it was racist.

I say you are the racists. You are the ones that looked at how people were making fun of the words used, looked at the avatar, and turned it into a color thing.

As someone said, the avatar could have been blank and this thread would have gone the same direction.

For the record neither am I. I tend to read between the lines though. Its whatever you have ur opinion && i have mine. Im done with this worthless thread anyway
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Dear lord.

Racism is only in the heart/mind in the person that is truly uncomfortable with their OWN skin.

I love that I am colored. No cancer from tanning beds.
    Better skin. Better aging. Better butt. Better Bust.

I am not offended....and I doubt the OP is. Sooooo....lets move on with the fun.
    Its about the orange not skin tone. leave that to cover girl

Hey... you may age better than I do, but my butt and boobs are amazing.... but that (of course) is my opinion ;)
    Mine too.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    My contribution to the original question:

I don't eat oranges very often...but if I did...just log ONE FREAKIN' ORANGE!
    Don't weigh it.
  • erickita89
    Options

For the record neither am I. I tend to read between the lines though. Its whatever you have ur opinion && i have mine. Im done wasting time on this thread anyway
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

That's just been reposted :noway:

mind = blown

Can't wait to see that trainwreck!
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My contribution to the original question:

I don't eat oranges very often...but if I did...just log ONE FREAKIN' ORANGE!
    Don't weigh it.

Just for the record I couldn't find "ONE FREAKIN' ORANGE!" in the database so I couldn't eat my orange today. Thanks for the non advice!!!
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    lmbo. this if friggin' hilarious!

My boss keep telling me to stop laughing this is the funniest thread yet! No offense at all OP, im laughing at the comments only...:laugh:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I can't believe anyone would weigh an orange. Just log the damn thing as an orange.
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    totally bumping this to read later... lmao!!
  • muayqis
    muayqis Posts: 72
    Options
    All you have to do is log in orange and it will give you the calorie amount the peeling is irreverent

i only read page 1...
    but..
    if i eat the peel that means that MY totals will be out!

NOOO
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    <sits back and peels a grape..this post is sooooo funny...am throwing the skin into the scales, so don`t panic just yet!
This discussion has been closed.