Would you be mad if.....

Options

Replies

• TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'd be more worried if they freely completed transactions without asking for ID.
    '

yepper

The way Iook at it, they're protecting MY money!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Not after what happened to me, had someone write one of my checks for $1000.00 and cashed it at my bank and the bank is at fault for it because they did not check ID. So no, I would not be mad.
  • NicS69
    NicS69 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    No, but then again I don't even give them a chance to ask. I always pull it out first and hand it to them.

I do too sometimes. Oh wait, wrong topic.

LMAO!!!!:laugh:
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Im 1000% more upset with the OP than the question posed. Put down the glue please. Thank you.

Im so glad were friends Matt
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Oh, I would totally make that exception!! It's nice to see someone else who works for a bank on here! I work for Bankers Trust a bank in Iowa. This is one of the few sites I can access at work so I just needed to vent!

I am not trying to be mean here, but you may want to retrain your tellers...I bank at BT and I can not recall the last time I was asked for my ID.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    No. It wouldn't even cross my mind to be upset about that.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I'm actually mad when using a credit/debit card at a store and they DON'T ask me for ID. Basically they're saying, "We don't care if you really own that card or stole it from someone else, we're getting paid."
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    People are always looking for ways to be offended...smh. If he/she asks for your I.D, that's great! Means they're doing their job.. -_-
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    No. They're just doing their job.
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    Be happy - they are protecting your assets.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I'm actually mad when using a credit/debit card at a store and they DON'T ask me for ID. Basically they're saying, "We don't care if you really own that card or stole it from someone else, we're getting paid."

I don't recall the last time a store asked me to see my credit/debit card. The banks don't even care enough to use reliable techology. If I just bump the screen with the pen at my grocery store, it accepts my signature. I don't even recall the last time I actually signed the screen with my real signature.
  • Hughes79
    Hughes79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Nope. I always give them my ID and Debit card with every transaction, drive thru or in person. I would be worried if they didn't ask.
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    No. I like it when they ask me. They're doing their job.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Having been a branch manager in another life, I required all tellers to ask for ID. It had nothing to do with the person, but with the check type.

In this day and age, it only makes sense to check ID often, even if you think you remember someone. I'd much rather show my ID 100x than has someone else take my hard earned money because a teller "knew" the person.
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    They are required by law to do that. I wouldn't jeopardize my job because that makes some people irritated. People need to understand it needs to be the same across the board because you never know who might be watching you for your performance.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Nope. As a matter of fact, I make it a habit to thank any teller, grocer or vendor that asks for my I.D.

Just because a teller recognises someone by sight doesn't mean that another customer that they recognise by sight might noit be using your I.D. illegally,
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you see it llike I do! I am a head teller and have all new tellers. Each one of them have been doing their job and IDing customers. And most of the customers freak out and try the excuse " well I have been banking here for ___ years". Just because I know 90% of my customers does not give them the right to treat my tellers like crap and yell at them. They are just doing my job. And I know those customers would be furious if a new teller gave money out of their account to someone who wasn't on the account because they weren't IDd.

I'm just glad you stick up for your tellers. :flowerforyou:
    My mom worked banking for a while, and in one place she worked her boss would practically kiss the ground customers walked on, no matter how badly they were treating the tellers.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Yes! I would report them to management! I can't stand when professionals follow procedures that are placed to protect me! *kitten*!
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Having been a branch manager in another life, I required all tellers to ask for ID. It had nothing to do with the person, but with the check type.

I suffered from amnesia in another life. I can't remember any of it.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    no i wouldnt id be glad my husband went to my bank inside and they told him how much money was in my account before we where married!