• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I'm not happy unless I cry a little.

HAHAHHAHAH, Bring on the pain
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'd say a 5 or lower, haha, I'm pretty boring. Don't get me wrong, I love spicy food, especially Indian, Thai, and Cajun. But if it's too hot sometimes I simply can't finish the plate without tearing up a little... my ex, who always ordered things as hot as possible, made fun of me once because I ordered a spicy garlic shrimp soup and was practically crying while I ate it... and she, of course, said it was barely spicy by her standards :P
  • styledsky
    styledsky Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I like hot & spicy food, but the scale is tricky.

- American style hot (which is very peppery to my taste), maybe a 4-5.
    - Asian style hot (includes Chinese, Indian and the like, more of a burning sensation), I can go to about a 7-8 before it hit my limits.
    It's rated in Scoville units
    Yes, on a scale of 1 - 16,000,000. I own an extract rated at 1M, and in the process of getting one that rates around 4M. Why? Because I CAN :)
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    One time i tried Blair's Death Sauce for the first time...........got too cocky and put too much of it on my hamburger, that it felt like i was chewing on thumbtacks. Now i just put a little bit of that on food..........maybe the size of a dime.
  • EponaBlue
    EponaBlue Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I usually go for a 6-7 when asked at the Indian food restaurant for my 1-10 preference. I add sriracha and cholula to my food regularly. While I enjoy getting a little teared up and sweaty from the really spicy stuff, I do like to taste the layers of flavor in my food and the beverage I've paired it with so I usually stick to that medium range.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    The only time a chile ever kicked my azz was on a mexican restaurant's "fire-eater" menu. even the waiter came by and said, "yeah i was gonna say, none of us here can eat that, they weren't joking right?" but i was trying so hard to finish it, it was nerve wracking to anyone watching. what can I say I love a challenge. and some chile.
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I eat the hottest *kitten* I can get. I love habenaros and ghost peppers (mixed in with things) Currently one of my favorite hot sauces would be my Mad Dawg 357. This stuff is no joke it's made with 6million scolivolle extract and can melt steel! I can't ever find anything in the stores that comes hot enough so I use this in everything, I just buy plain old salsa and put a teaspoon of that MadDawg in there and I just instantly made extremely hot salsa! Great flavor too. Try it I dare ya!

tgsQgRM.jpg?1

hotsauce.com ! I have a bottle of 357 but not a fan to much vinegar. My favorite I own right now is Blair's Ultra death but the hottest I own is Da Bomb ground zero

Haha Ya dude when I was checking out pics after you posted one of that guy that got you into lifting I saw your huge display of goodies, I was very impressed not many people are willing to use that stuff. I never heard of Blair's though I'll have to check it out. I actually like the zing from the vinegar though, I really like things with a bite even my beer.
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I Love spicy food. I grow lots of different hot peppers. My favorite so far is the Datil pepper. It's pretty hot (one pepper for a whole pot of chile is on the "too hot" side for most) and has a great peppery flavor.

I guess I'm a 7 or 8.

Bring on the ring of fire!

JM

I love Datil Do It pepper sauce.
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I eat the hottest *kitten* I can get. I love habenaros and ghost peppers (mixed in with things) Currently one of my favorite hot sauces would be my Mad Dawg 357. This stuff is no joke it's made with 6million scolivolle extract and can melt steel! I can't ever find anything in the stores that comes hot enough so I use this in everything, I just buy plain old salsa and put a teaspoon of that MadDawg in there and I just instantly made extremely hot salsa! Great flavor too. Try it I dare ya!

tgsQgRM.jpg?1

There are several hotter than that, that came out in the last year. But I hate any of the ones that have extract. IMO, they taste like dirt.

When I had my hot sauce business, I bought some limited edition Dave's Insanity because people wanted hotter. It came in a coffin, each bottle was numbered and signed by Dave. I think it was limited to 1000 bottles. Well, nobody would buy them at what was a fair price - $25. I had 12 bottles. When I closed my business I still had 5 bottles, and I packed them away. I forgot about them for years and find them when we moved.

I put them up on ebay for $1,000 a bottle - and I said a portion of each sale would go to my local SPCA. Well, I sold 4 bottles to one guy.... I gave all $4000 to the SPCA. The final bottle that sold was to someone else. I kept $500 of that $1000. I gave the other $500 to the SPCA as well.

I'm a huge dog lover..... when the Philadelphia Eagles - my team - signed Michael Vick as QB, I "sold" my fanship on ebay as well to a TN Titan's fan. He won the bid with a $242 bid. I had to follow the Titans for a year.I bought a Titans hat and jersey, and I sent him a DVD of me watching Titans games.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    So do I!!! I ate a raw habenaro a few weeks ago. Not as hot as I thought it was going to be :yawn:

^^^this

I do :heart: :heart: :heart: spicy a lot.:wink:
  • Jenrosa28
    Jenrosa28 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Spicy for me!!! yum!!
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    BRING ON THE F00KING SPICY!!!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Just finished off a batch of ghost pepper salsa tonight so id say an 8
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have four different kinds of hot sauce. Different ones go with different things. Frank's is great on pizza. Trader Joes chili pepper for casseroles. Sriracha for eggs. Tabasco for pretty much everything else. Mmm.

I'm a masochist when it comes to my food.

Now I live in MN and it seems no one shares the love for spicy food :( Add a shake of pepper and people are crying.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I love spicy food
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I seem to have a very high tolerance for spice. I have been told by a few Thai people that my tolerance is pretty high even by Thai Hot standards.