why do I seem to attract weirdos and stalkers?

Options

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Story of my life.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    ""Hi, I'd like to point out to everyone how much attention men give me so I can get even more.""

I agree with this statement ^^

Also a lot of phaggoty men out there that worship the ground women walk on for no reason and the result is women with over inflated egos.

That was unnecessary.

Completely agree. Ugh.

sorry you can't handle the truth

The OP sounds silly. You just sound bitter.
  • firstsip
    Options

some of the comments on here have been pretty harsh and judgmental.
    I'm not trying to get this kind of attention.
    and I don't think anyone would find it "flattering" to be followed home or harassed.

The text conversation you put up didn't imply anyone following you home or harassing you. I think by complaining that you are being "stalked" is actually kind of minimizing the experiences of people who are actually physically stalked, internet bullied, or sexually harassed.

Unless there's more to the story. Someone telling you you're beautiful on the internet can be annoying and inappropriate, but you really have to look at intent to call it stalking or sexual harassment.

^ This. Once that person stalks you quietly to figure out your classes, what times you work, etc., and starts writing you letters about kidnapping you and locking you in a castle, THEN that's stalking.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I 100% agree. More pics plz

Your back has a 4 pack....niiiiiiiice

That's it. I'm taking a screen shot and writing a blog about this too.

lol
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    well first it appears like your username on here is some variation of your legal name? Am I right? If so, DON'T do things like this! I had someone stalk me because he saw my name on my school schedule in the front of my folder. You have to be careful with your identity. I would probably get off KIK and up your settingts on everything for security. especially FB. people can go to your profile if you comment on someone else's. Best to be prudent.

Also I probably would not have posted a thread about it lol. Google yourself, see how easy you are to track down and get rid of those accounts or modify them :flowerforyou:

if she did that she wouldn't get as much attention though

It's true.. *kicks the dirt* then you wonder why you don't get much attention at all *ahem* ME *ahem* :laugh:
    well first it appears like your username on here is some variation of your legal name? Am I right? If so, DON'T do things like this! I had someone stalk me because he saw my name on my school schedule in the front of my folder. You have to be careful with your identity. I would probably get of KIK and up your settingts on everything for security. especially FB. people can go to your profile if you comment on someone else's. Best to be prudent.

Also I probably would not have posted a thread about it lol. Google yourself, see how easy you are to track down and get rid of those accounts or modify them :flowerforyou:

SO Jonesie isn't your Christian name then? *throws the old fact sheet away and starts a new one*
    ^^ haha not quite.. try to find me on FB.. virtually impossible LOL even if you have my email...:sad:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Damn us fugs never get the stalkers LOL
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    While I sympathize with the OP's concern...I see some comments implying that "only" beautiful or attractive people get stalked/bothered.

I really hope people are not that naive. Harassment can happen to ANYONE and yeah, we make jokes about posting your picture and you get more attention (maybe) if you're attractive...but it's really not that funny.

Sorry I seem to have lost my sense of humor over this one.

Now, I need to go look up "psycophant" and "sycophant" in the dictionary...
  • lionskitty
    lionskitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow. didnt know MFP was full of trolls. Just like everywhere else on the internet I guess.
    Chick uses a forum she feels comfortable with to ask a genuine question. Gets called an attention seeker. Great work MFP.
    Lets just victim blame. All the cool kids are doing it. right?
  • mhcoss
    mhcoss Posts: 220
    Options
    ""Hi, I'd like to point out to everyone how much attention men give me so I can get even more.""

I agree with this statement ^^

Also a lot of phaggoty men out there that worship the ground women walk on for no reason and the result is women with over inflated egos.

That was unnecessary.

Completely agree. Ugh.

sorry you can't handle the truth

you mad?
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

and I don't think anyone would find it "flattering" to be followed home or harassed.

The text conversation you put up didn't imply anyone following you home or harassing you. I think by complaining that you are being "stalked" is actually kind of minimizing the experiences of people who are actually physically stalked, internet bullied, or sexually harassed.

Unless there's more to the story. Someone telling you you're beautiful on the internet can be annoying and inappropriate, but you really have to look at intent to call it stalking or sexual harassment.

^ This. Once that person stalks you quietly to figure out your classes, what times you work, etc., and starts writing you letters about kidnapping you and locking you in a castle, THEN that's stalking.

Castle you say?
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mbxw13Q1qD1rhpffxo1_400.gif
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Expect a PM in your inbox soon, my pretty pretty princess! :wink:
  • firstsip
    Options

Castle you say?

Yes! Then you'll bring me precious things and show me how beautiful I am and keep me all to yourself. I wish this was a guy really into saving Peach, but instead it was a 65 year old Lebanese man.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    "Hi, I'd like to point out to everyone how much attention men give me so I can get even more."

lol!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^Exactly.

Someone messages you because you put your picture up for anyone to see...you can ignore and block. It's that simple. And that's not stalking..that's just someone fishing for a hook up. Oh well. It happens on the internet and real life.

But when that person starts following you around, getting your personal info, checking out your friends, sitting outside your house, etc - THAT'S stalking...and THAT'S when you get the authorities involved...not create a thread complaining about how someone tries to get in your pants because they find you pretty.

If you are that annoyed, take down your real photo and put something weird up.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Damn us fugs never get the stalkers LOL

Hey baby, wanna see pics of my strap on?? It came with my HRM.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    "Hi, I'd like to point out to everyone how much attention men give me so I can get even more."

100%
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

you mad?

I'm not the one who called men 'phagotts' and was talking about women with inflated egos. Someone else pointing out your obvious anger/derision does not make them mad. It just makes them an acute observer.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

Castle you say?

Yes! Then you'll bring me precious things and show me how beautiful I am and keep me all to yourself. I wish this was a guy really into saving Peach, but instead it was a 65 year old Lebanese man.

Wow, that's messed up. How little game does a man have to have when he can own a castle and still have to be a creeper?