why do I seem to attract weirdos and stalkers?

Options

Replies

• Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options

The OP sounds silly. You just sound bitter.

you mad?

I'm not the one who called men 'phagotts' and was talking about women with inflated egos. Someone else pointing out your obvious anger/derision does not make them mad. It just makes them an acute observer.

This. And also, I'd like to point out that it's usually the bitter and unhappy men who can't find dates that stoop to blatant sexism and homophobia.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

some of the comments on here have been pretty harsh and judgmental.
    I'm not trying to get this kind of attention.
    and I don't think anyone would find it "flattering" to be followed home or harassed.

The text conversation you put up didn't imply anyone following you home or harassing you. I think by complaining that you are being "stalked" is actually kind of minimizing the experiences of people who are actually physically stalked, internet bullied, or sexually harassed.

Unless there's more to the story. Someone telling you you're beautiful on the internet can be annoying and inappropriate, but you really have to look at intent to call it stalking or sexual harassment.

^ This. Once that person stalks you quietly to figure out your classes, what times you work, etc., and starts writing you letters about kidnapping you and locking you in a castle, THEN that's stalking.

Castle you say?

Yes! Then you'll bring me precious things and show me how beautiful I am and keep me all to yourself. I wish this was a guy really into saving Peach, but instead it was a 65 year old Lebanese man.

Wow, that's messed up. How little game does a man have to have when he can own a castle and still have to be a creeper?

Maybe it is a fetish..and if he owns a castle, he probably has the means to keep the authorities at bay of his activities.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    What a coincidence - I just got a text too!!
    e3jge4pn.jpg
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

and I don't think anyone would find it "flattering" to be followed home or harassed.

The text conversation you put up didn't imply anyone following you home or harassing you. I think by complaining that you are being "stalked" is actually kind of minimizing the experiences of people who are actually physically stalked, internet bullied, or sexually harassed.

Unless there's more to the story. Someone telling you you're beautiful on the internet can be annoying and inappropriate, but you really have to look at intent to call it stalking or sexual harassment.

^ This. Once that person stalks you quietly to figure out your classes, what times you work, etc., and starts writing you letters about kidnapping you and locking you in a castle, THEN that's stalking.

Castle you say?

You said something offensive. You should apologise and edit that word out of your post. I doubt you will, but you should.

I said something offensive?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Castle you say?

You said something offensive. You should apologise and edit that word out of your post. I doubt you will, but you should.

You quoted the wrong post, Contrarian!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Castle you say?

Yes! Then you'll bring me precious things and show me how beautiful I am and keep me all to yourself. I wish this was a guy really into saving Peach, but instead it was a 65 year old Lebanese man.

Wow, that's messed up. How little game does a man have to have when he can own a castle and still have to be a creeper?

The kind that divorced his wives as soon as they got "too old and ugly" x_x
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Options

Castle you say?

The kind that divorced his wives as soon as they got "too old and ugly" x_x

smh It just further confirms the logic behind my having no faith in humanity.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

Castle you say?

No, I think Contrarian meant to quote the other guy who was using the term "phaggot."
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

It's most likely already been reported.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    What a coincidence - I just got a text too!!
    e3jge4pn.jpg

Is it still a fake text if it's a real MFP user? LOL
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    IceCube-StoneFace.gif
  • Admiral_Derp
    Options

Castle you say?

No, I think Contrarian meant to quote the other guy who was using the term "phaggot."

It's cool. No worries. I'm quick to apologize if I offend with anything but cold hard facts. Chronically, terribly unfunny I may be, but almost never intentionally offensive.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    OP, google your name. You are very findable. I would edit your MFP name to something else like someone suggested. (You should also not use the same user name on multiple sites if you would like to remain more anonymous.)
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Yup. By dis gurl.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options

Yup. By dis gurl.

32685640.jpg
  • Contrarian
    Options
    ""Hi, I'd like to point out to everyone how much attention men give me so I can get even more.""

I agree with this statement ^^

Also a lot of phaggoty men out there that worship the ground women walk on for no reason and the result is women with over inflated egos.

That was unnecessary.

Completely agree. Ugh.

sorry you can't handle the truth
  • lorgrayson
    lorgrayson Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I get all kinds of messages in different social media outlets. And the response to his last text would be. "My boyfriend/fiance/husband wouldn't want me sending pics of myself to anyone" Depending on the message I get would be my answer. Just a plain old compliment, Thank you" and end it there. If they press, you are taken. End of it. Handle it the same way when it happens in person. That's what I do.
  • Contrarian
    Options

Castle you say?

No,honeubee. I ****ed up. The posters who said I quoted the wrong post were correct.