Motorcycles who rides?

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    The 'around the US' ride is on my list as well. Being from Minnesota, I think I will break it into two trips to make it easier to get it accomplished. Do east one year, and west the next.

We were about 1000 miles short of completing our around the US tour in 2008 when my bike broke down and had to be trailored home.

ctoons124.blogspot.com

Our next big trip will be Key West to Alaska!?
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    The 'around the US' ride is on my list as well. Being from Minnesota, I think I will break it into two trips to make it easier to get it accomplished. Do east one year, and west the next.

We were about 1000 miles short of completing our around the US tour in 2008 when my bike broke down and had to be trailored home.

ctoons124.blogspot.com

I read a small part of your blog - wow, what an experience!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

ctoons124.blogspot.com

I read a small part of your blog - wow, what an experience!

The trip of a lifetime!
  • jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    So glad to see this thread continuing on. I have had some crappy riding weather here in Michigan but will be rolling 4000 miles this week. Still have a chance of 6000 before the first of July.
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Bikes scare the hell out of me.. but my car (well, one of them) is faster than most bikes, so I can go hop in it and get the same rush but be safer.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Beautiful day out yesterday but the wind nearly blew me over

430074_10152943543150607_718921150_n.jpg
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Great pic CoderGal!

Windy days are a drag for riding.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Great pic CoderGal!

The only way I'm beating things on the 250 is bracket racing. I managed to win everyone I race that way. The liter bikes always end up so confused :bigsmile:

edit: ahahaha I read that "windy days are for drag racing" ahahaha....It's sunny out and I'm in studying...my mind is playing tricks on me :p
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Currently learning. I have been riding on the back of bikes all of my life, but this is my first time learning to ride myself. I have a 2009 HD 1200 Custom and a 1999 HD 880.
  • styledsky
    styledsky Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I do. I have a '99 Yamaha Road Star XV1600A.

DSC_0013.jpg
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Great pic CoderGal!

The only way I'm beating things on the 250 is bracket racing. I managed to win everyone I race that way. The liter bikes always end up so confused :bigsmile:

edit: ahahaha I read that "windy days are for drag racing" ahahaha....It's sunny out and I'm in studying...my mind is playing tricks on me :p

You made me laugh this morning!! It's all good!
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    Great pic CoderGal!

Yea, that is because they do not know how to launch one consistently .....

Those little bikes are a PITA when you have to bracket race against them .......

AND, they are a blast on the twisties !!!
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Great pic CoderGal!

Yea, that is because they do not know how to launch one consistently .....

Those little bikes are a PITA when you have to bracket race against them .......

AND, they are a blast on the twisties !!!
    I've let a few laughers hop on my bike and do a couple twisties and then suddenly there's nothing but compliments out of them :p

It's hilarious racing against a 250 on a larger bike...you're kinda just watching them at the end of the finish line before you start lol. And you still catch up and then you hear they win and you're like what? *deflate*

I was in an accident a few years back and on the road first the first time in a few. I just noticed my tires squaring...I'm obviously doing to many work runs and not enough twisties. A little more nervous about it I guess. Sad times...was wondering why my turns were beginning to feel odd.
  • CutsandCurves
    CutsandCurves Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Wow anybody still riding? I'm a Dyna glide rider