Meat & non-eat meaters (READ ME)

Options

Replies

• GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Because I raise my own pastured chickens and I eat them. I raise heritage breed Dominiques. They are naturally breeding, and I'm always going to have excess roosters. Always. I only need one rooster for every five to six hens to have maximum fertility. It's not really possible to rehome boys. Everyone wants girls for the eggs, but no one wants a bunch of roosters around that are going to fight. I kill them myself as humanely as possible. I know what they've had to eat their entire lives, I know where they've lived. I take responsibility for feeding myself and my family, and I feel good knowing that our food is clean. When we eat other meat, I buy from local farmers that I know and I approve of their standards.

I am always baffled by the phrase "humane killing".

That is why she said as "humanely as possible". Continue to stay baffled.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    <--- Body made by meat.. Meat works. Just stick to meat. It's what our ancestors ate thousands of years ago. We're not meant to eat processed, frozen veggie burgers. Rather than substitute a fatty beef burger for a veggie burger, why not just substitute it for a leaner healthier type of meat?

I'm also sure our ancestors didn't go down to whole foods to buy their food either. ;P

His point stands alot more than your's does. At least he is still eating the same type foods our ancestors did.

I'm sure our ancestors ate prepackaged meats.

He didnt say he eats at whole foods? That's your assumption. Some of us but our meat from the farm and buy our vegetables from farm shops. Grok most certainly did not live on vegetation alone.

Not to split hairs, but I think these ancestors everyone is referring to usually only lived to about 30 years of age.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Because I raise my own pastured chickens and I eat them. I raise heritage breed Dominiques. They are naturally breeding, and I'm always going to have excess roosters. Always. I only need one rooster for every five to six hens to have maximum fertility. It's not really possible to rehome boys. Everyone wants girls for the eggs, but no one wants a bunch of roosters around that are going to fight. I kill them myself as humanely as possible. I know what they've had to eat their entire lives, I know where they've lived. I take responsibility for feeding myself and my family, and I feel good knowing that our food is clean. When we eat other meat, I buy from local farmers that I know and I approve of their standards.

I figure if I cause them no more fear and pain than a natural predator of theirs then it's "as humane as possible". My animals all know me and I can pick them up without startling them, carry them away from the rest of the flock, and kill them quickly, at least, more quickly than a hawk or coyote would do. A standard factory farmed chicken is a lot more miserable for a lot longer than one of mine.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    <--- Body made by meat.. Meat works. Just stick to meat. It's what our ancestors ate thousands of years ago. We're not meant to eat processed, frozen veggie burgers. Rather than substitute a fatty beef burger for a veggie burger, why not just substitute it for a leaner healthier type of meat?

I'm also sure our ancestors didn't go down to whole foods to buy their food either. ;P

His point stands alot more than your's does. At least he is still eating the same type foods our ancestors did.

He didnt say he eats at whole foods? That's your assumption. Some of us but our meat from the farm and buy our vegetables from farm shops. Grok most certainly did not live on vegetation alone.

Not to split hairs, but I think these ancestors everyone is referring to usually only lived to about 30 years of age.

Common misconception. In prehistoric times, people routinely lived to be 70 or more.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options

Nice job assuming. For all you know he hunts or raises his own food. Doesn't matter either way, meat is meat. And you question why meat eaters get grouchy at the superior attitude of vegans on these threads. You are a shining example.

You know I'm better than you. Not because I'm vegetarian but because I was making a joke, you got all booty hurt and missed the ;P from my post which made it a playful.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

You think our digestive systems know or care what kind of container the food may have been in before eating it?
  • Iron_Pheonix
    Iron_Pheonix Posts: 191 Member
    Options

That's because many died at birth, were eaten by predators or had accidents. They had no heart disease, cancer, obesity etc...
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    How is that a substitue??? You're replacing real food with frankenfood. Have you looked at the ingredient list? Oh wait food doesn't contain ingredients. Food IS an ingredient.

Red meat is good for you.

http://chriskresser.com/red-meat-it-does-a-body-good
    http://www.gnolls.org/1444/does-meat-rot-in-your-colon-no-what-does-beans-grains-and-vegetables/
    http://www.gnolls.org/2893/always-be-skeptical-of-nutrition-headlines-or-what-red-meat-consumption-and-mortality-pan-et-al-really-tells-us/
  • Iron_Pheonix
    Options

Nice job assuming. For all you know he hunts or raises his own food. Doesn't matter either way, meat is meat. And you question why meat eaters get grouchy at the superior attitude of vegans on these threads. You are a shining example.

You know I'm better than you. Not because I'm vegetarian but because I was making a joke, you got all booty hurt and missed the ;P from my post which made it a playful.

You just lost all credibility.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options

Fail again. You have been crying the whole thread about how mean us meat eaters are. Get over yourself already.
  • jcartwright2008
    jcartwright2008 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

I'm always baffled by people that think if they stop eating meat it will stop the inhumane treatment of animals on factory farms instead of actively trying to change it.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

Fail again. You have been crying the whole thread about how mean us meat eaters are. Get over yourself already.

lol I never said all meat eaters are mean, some are nice. Then there's other who think it's their cue to say "mmmm bacon" or "OMG ALL VEGETARIANS EATS IS PROCRESSED CRAP!" If that doesn't apply to you then you don't have to respond because I'm not talking to you.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

I'm always baffled by people that think if they stop eating meat it will stop the inhumane treatment of animals on factory farms instead of actively trying to change it.

It's called supply and demand like when people boycott brands, businesses, it's a form of activism.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options

My body isn't made to process meat. Omg. Makes me ill and constipated. Nice. haha.

People should do what they feel is right for THEM and let everyone else do the same.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options

Common misconception. In prehistoric times, people routinely lived to be 70 or more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy#Human_life_expectancy_patterns
    You'd better let wikipedia know.
  • jcartwright2008
    jcartwright2008 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

It's called supply and demand like when people boycott brands, businesses, it's a form of activism.

I know about supply and demand, Econ major, thank you. What my point is, if they really want to stop it, do it actively. Obviously not eating it is not stopping it or even slowing it down.
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm sure most all of you have heard of Morning Star foods.
    I've heard of those. They look nasty.
    Why not substitute?
    Why would I want processed fake food when I can get the real thing? Heck, I can pick the cow out from granddad's herd and I know a good butcher to break it down for me too. :P
    On a night you're going to have burgers, why not have a vege burger? They are so delicious.
    I actually don't have burgers very often. I've tried the veggie ones before because I love veggies, but generally I prefer a nice all beef one! If I want a "veggie" burger I'm not going to buy one that's pretending to be beef. If I want a veggie "burger" I'll grill a portabella mushroom. If I want a real good burger, I'll have beef one. :)
    Chicken nuggets, why not Morning Stars?
    I'm not 5 years old. I like my chicken without nuggets thank you very much.
    So much less fat, no grease, all entirely healthy & delicious.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure my normal chicken is less fatty or greasy than those processed fake meat things.
    Yes, pricey.
    Why would I want pricey? I'm on a budget because I only spend extra on the things that are important. Fake meat is not important to me.
    But who has burgers every night? Who has chicken nuggets every night? I know I don't. Though Morning Star is delicious.. & It does tempt me to make one. Yummy yummy substitution ;)
    Yuck.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

I know about supply and demand, Econ major, thank you. What my point is, if they really want to stop it, do it actively. Obviously not eating it is not stopping it or even slowing it down.

Some people do.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Because meat, poultry and pork are far more delicious and nutritious.

BTW - we have canine teeth because we are carnivores by nature. But if you want to be a herbivore that is fine, just dont try to press your views on me!

Yes *daydreaming of bacon now*

Then why does it take forever for meat to process through our body unlike carnivores that get rid of it rather quickly

OMG, such a myth...............meat does not take that long to pass through our bodies........what a crock. Next thing you will be suggesting for us omnivores is to do cleanses to wash that 5 years of meat out of our intestines, LOL :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe not for your body, but meat destroys my inside. I love it but it doesn't love me.
  • Iron_Pheonix
    Options

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy#Human_life_expectancy_patterns
    You'd better let wikipedia know.

Lol or you could get some info from people that actually studied it: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/bone-dating-life-span/#axzz2Mz7MK5hD