any zumba success stories?

Options

Replies

• sherimacquarrie
    sherimacquarrie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome, thanks for posting on here! What about any pics? Does anyone have and progress pics they can share that are mostly thanks to doing Zumba workouts?

My profile picture is my zumba success photo!! :) Still lots to loose.... but I thank Zumba for what is already gone!! :)
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Zumba is my love!!!!!! just got home from a zumba class, and all i can say is LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't say that I have lost weight from zumba, but what i can say is that you feel amazing while you are working it, and you feel awsome when you leave! I LOVE ZUMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
  • maritimemom
    maritimemom Posts: 192
    Options
    I went to my third Zumba class tonight and I'm totally addicted to it! I have zero rhythm but I find the others are so involved with trying to keep up with the moves that nobody's paying attention to what you are doing. I'm getting better every time but for now, I figure as long as I'm moving, I'm burning calories. :) I wore my new Polar FT7 watch tonight to see how many calories I burned and I burned 652 calories in 52 minutes and it was so much fun I could have kept going!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • toimisaki
    toimisaki Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just love love zumba!! It does burn calories, how much you burn depends on how much energy you put into it. I combine it with a healthy diet, keeping the calories from going over. The best thing of all is that it makes curves. A dancer's body is what I want, so to get that, what better thing than to dance!!
    I have before and after photos somewhere, will have to dig them up.

Good music and a love of fun, no wonder it is so addictive.
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to a success story thread I started to celebrate 30 lbs down - it has pics :smile:. Lost the weight mostly with Zumba and strength training:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/958135-my-5-month-progress-over-30-lbs-lost-pics?hl=progress+30+lbs&page=1#posts-14612044
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I just "started" taking a Zumba class, I say "started" because it is a mom and me class so some of the time is spent to tell my 7 year old to pay attention, come back in the room, bathroom break.... Anyway I have enjoyed it so far it is one hour and in that interrupted hour I burn (per HRM) about 350 cals, and I think it is a somewhat modified routine to accommodate the little ones. The same instructor does a Zumba Toning with weights that I plan to try out for the first time tomorrow night...should be a better workout...no kids :laugh:
  • MissE4410
    MissE4410 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    What if you have 0-zilch-nada rhythm? I couldn't follow a group fitness class if you gave me a map, GPS and shoved me in the right direction. Could I Zumba without hurting others, myself or being politely asked to never return?

HAHAHA. THIS! I want to know THIS!
  • MissE4410
    MissE4410 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a good dvd for Zumba??? FOR BEGINNERS PLEASE!?
  • kleonard42
    kleonard42 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a good dvd for Zumba??? FOR BEGINNERS PLEASE!?

I started with the second dvd from the exhilarate set (I don't remember what its called lol) but if you can't get any of the dvds, I say YouTube all the way! I have a whole YouTube playlist of zumba warm-ups, easy routines, routines that are packed with much more energy, cool downs....its great! Let me know if you want me to message you the playlist link:)
  • fluffychicken7
    fluffychicken7 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If I stick with Zumba and walking at night with my family, will I be noticing a difference in my body each month?

Absolutely! You will be engaging muscles that is missed in linear walking and you'll quickly find that your pants will be fitting looser in no time. And depending on how often you do it and the intensity of the class you will find a whole new level of stamina you never thought you had. :)

Sincerely,
    A zumba instructor.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Yep me.

Started with Zumba Feb last year. By Sept I was not only running but still doing Zumba. Lost all my weight thanks to the Zumba though.

Only ever did the DVD at home & ONLY ever did the activate dvd.... and then only till I could not master the steps.
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    i cant spend time on a treadmill, elliptical or any other exercise machine - i feel trapped - i love zumba and i also love running outside : ) nice to get some fresh air !!!
  • nasnoola
    nasnoola Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi. Zumba worked for me really good( 20 kg) . I started doing it 1 year ago. I lost approximately 10 kg in the first 3-4 months. But mix it with an other exercises like walking, cycling, jogging, etc. If do the same routine every day you may slow down on waight loss or even put some on!!! Wish you good luck .
  • donnamariewilliams
    Options
    If you love to dance, Zumba is one of the best ways to exercise and have fun. You will loose inches if you put your all into it. I have!
  • emdeco
    emdeco Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your blog post, way to go you!!! I'm really inspired by your post and I'm going to remember it today while I go to Zumba. I'm starting where you were, post pregnancy, feeling really uncomfortable, a good 30 lbs to lose.

Thanks for sharing!
  • christianladybug
    christianladybug Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba....I do add other things in a couple of times a week to change it up kind of trick my body. I do it on my xbox kinect. The core Zumba is my favorite.
  • hasinid
    Options
    I heard about Zumba Informals on Tv 2001 in my school days. I have seen on youtube Zumba was launched in other countries. I didn't know Zumba Fitness will come to New Zealand this year.Till then I was eating juck food & drinks and so on. I was overweight. After that I join Starjam Organisation Magic Movers dance workshop in my high school. And I didn't know Bokwa Class will come 2012. So I wanted to dance with others and getting Zumba in to shape and get active. And I want tone my body. I do struggle with food habits and all my close family tells me about fizzy drinks. So I did start drinking water. I didn't know about Zumba weight loss programme. And calorie intake with food. I have seen on youtube Zumba instructor Betro Perez have created and he was interviewed. The both instructors I didn't know they were in New Zealand. It was Barbara McGrath and Mayu Suski took the class this year 2014. So I joined Zumba Fitness this year February 5th. I got a Zumba Core with belt in one wii game from Las Vegas California. I need more and I love Zumba. I will recommend to my friends from school and work. Zumba is my favourite.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    3-09-13

To start with, I have congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I had also undergone implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) implantation surgery... When I started Zumba in January 2012, my heart's ejection fraction or efficiency level had been rated at only 27%...

As of December 2012 my ejection fraction had improved to 45%. My implantable cardioverter defibrillator had not detected any dangerous heart rhythms... In addition, I had a partial reversal of my cardiomyopathy... That is my heart is not as enlarged as it had been about a year ago... I have been doing Zumba for about a year and hip-hop fitness for the past five months......

Last night we had a Zumba phon at our local Y and I had been able to do a two hour Zumba workout without getting dizzy... Or put it another way, I had greater endurance than most of the 18-21 year old participants. And I'm 47 who has cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and has to live with a ICD device implanted in the left side of his chest...

In addition, I love Zumba and other forms of cardio dance... In fact, I love Zumba so much that on May 2, I am going for Zumba Basic 1 instructor certification...

You effing rock! Absolutely wonderful.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!