Size 0

Options
Okay so how do people really get to size 0 do they have to eat like a bird like 300 calories, How do people really get that small, I know i will never be that small i mean i could never imagine being a size 0 nor do i want to, so , How do people get that small do they eat more or less, do they starve do they do this that what?

Replies

• shellbatronic
    Options
    Size numbers are completely arbitrary, as in they aren't connected to anything standard in between clothing brands or anything like that. So, some people may wear 0 in one thing, and a 4 in another. It depends on how something is cut. My best friend wears a zero at places that cuts hips really wide, and higher sizes elsewhere. No starving, it's just how we're built. Some people have larger frames, some people have smaller, and there's no "one way to be a size zero" or anything, because there isn't "one size zero."

Better off to focus on health, and no worry about sizes or the numbers because most of them don't mean jack squat.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It also depends on your body structure... I have a wider top than others, there's no way I'd fit in a size 0 even if I was super skinny.

And metabolism has a lot to do with it. I've met size 0 girls who ate twice what I did. Or they eat like birds and exercise a lot. Just an example, I don't know what size Jessica Alba is, but in an interview she said that she eats 1200 calories a day and exercises 2 hours a day to keep her shape.
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    It's mostly bone structure, I think. Some people are just naturally built taller and wider than others.
  • HOTSTUFFyes
    Options
    Im not talking about people who are naturally a size 0 or naturally that way im taking about overweight people getting to a size 0 how do they really do that,?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    They are small people.
    I have a friend who's a size 0. She eats normally.
    She's just small.

Are there overweight SMALL people who ultimately get to a zero? Sure.
  • EKN1417
    EKN1417 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am a size 0. Whether or not that size is attainablefor you is almsot certainly due to your frame size and build. For example, if you were thin and fit in high school but still not a size 0, it's unlikley that size will ever be attainable. And there is nothing wrong with that. A certian size of clothing, just like a certian weight, etc, are all fleeting goals. Focus on looking and feeling your best for you. There are many "hot" celbrities that are not size 0s, but they look just as good or better as some celebrities who are. Everyone is different. I am 5'4 and about 105 lbs. 120 lbs on me woudl look huge, but on another 5 4 person 120 lbs might look anorexic. It just depends on your body type.

That said- I have a very small frame, have always been small, was underweight as a child. I also have been working out consistently and very hard for years (running, boxing, and heavy weight lifting.) I have a healthy diet but do allow myself the occasional indulgences, too. That said, i don't eat that much. I get full easily, have generally small portion sizes, and really enjoy eating and savor every bite. I am not eating 1200 calories a day. My goal is to maintain me weight so I eat 1400-1700 per day.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    It's body structure and body fat storage, which is genetic. I can wear a 0 or 2 petite top. For bottoms I usually need a 4 petite or something in between a 4 and a 6. I would be happy to be a 6 or 8 regular size top and bottom because it would make my life so much easier.

Focus on getting to a healthy size for you and dress for your shape.
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Muffin tops.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Im not talking about people who are naturally a size 0 or naturally that way im taking about overweight people getting to a size 0 how do they really do that,?

Extreme weight loss;
    Surgery;
    Buying clothing lines who engage in vanity sizing.
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would be a size zero, ever. I'm a small person too (4'11). Some is from hard work, some is frame size/genetics. I eat. You don't want to be around me if I don't.:wink: -
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    They are small people.
    I have a friend who's a size 0. She eats normally.
    She's just small.

Are there overweight SMALL people who ultimately get to a zero? Sure.

This ^^ Not everyone could be a size 0 because of their basic body type and bone structure.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Well my 20 year old daughter 5'9' is a size 0 - she eats whatever she wants and gains no weight. :grumble:
  • AQ3107
    AQ3107 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Okay so how do people really get to size 0 do they have to eat like a bird like 300 calories, How do people really get that small, I know i will never be that small i mean i could never imagine being a size 0 nor do i want to, so , How do people get that small do they eat more or less, do they starve do they do this that what?

I am a uk size 0-6 - which I really hate. Shopping is a nightmare. I haven't bought clothes for years, my husband does that for me - that's how much I hate it.

To answer the question - I am 5'4 and weigh between 107-110 pounds. I have a really small bone structure.
    Also, I work out a lot. Have been since high school. I have a body fat percentage of 17%. I am very lean. I do eat a lot. In fact I eat so much that my friends, families, collegues etc etc everyone complains about it. I went to a chinese buffet last week with my husband and the waiter told me to stop eating as I had eaten over half of the food they had laid out. I am permanently hungry. I feel starved on 3000 calories. I am a total foodie. Saying that 90% of the time, I cook at home everything from scratch and fresh. My freezer is empty. I don't buy frozen stuffs. Not that I have anything against it; just am too lazy to defrost things. I have a huge passion for creative cooking. And I have never owned a microwave in my life. Now that's sad. Also, I don't snack. I eat full meals. I don't eat in between. I have two lunches as I don't eat breakfast which are around 1000 cal each; my first lunch is at 12.30 then second one at 4 and my dinner is around 1200 cal at 9.

Finally, I don't know whether genetics plays a role in weight but I am in fact the biggest in my family. VB has got nothing on my sisters and brothers for that matter lol. But I am trying to put on weight and it took me almost 6 years to put on 10 pounds.

Good luck x
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Bone structure. Some people are just tiny. If I weighed 90 pounds you still couldn't cram me into a size 0.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Last time I was size 0 was when I was a teenager, and was eating anything and everything. Ahhhh, those were the days :(
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Frame size, genetics. Some people can be size 0 and be healthy and some would have to starve to get there.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

I am a uk size 0-6 - which I really hate. Shopping is a nightmare. I haven't bought clothes for years, my husband does that for me - that's how much I hate it.

To answer the question - I am 5'4 and weigh between 107-110 pounds. I have a really small bone structure.
    Also, I work out a lot. Have been since high school. I have a body fat percentage of 17%. I am very lean. I do eat a lot. In fact I eat so much that my friends, families, collegues etc etc everyone complains about it. I went to a chinese buffet last week with my husband and the waiter told me to stop eating as I had eaten over half of the food they had laid out. I am permanently hungry. I feel starved on 3000 calories. I am a total foodie. Saying that 90% of the time, I cook at home everything from scratch and fresh. My freezer is empty. I don't buy frozen stuffs. Not that I have anything against it; just am too lazy to defrost things. I have a huge passion for creative cooking. And I have never owned a microwave in my life. Now that's sad. Also, I don't snack. I eat full meals. I don't eat in between. I have two lunches as I don't eat breakfast which are around 1000 cal each; my first lunch is at 12.30 then second one at 4 and my dinner is around 1200 cal at 9.

Finally, I don't know whether genetics plays a role in weight but I am in fact the biggest in my family. VB has got nothing on my sisters and brothers for that matter lol. But I am trying to put on weight and it took me almost 6 years to put on 10 pounds.

Good luck x

Have you seen a doctor? Sounds like it could be a hyperactive thyroid problem if you still feel like you're starving on 3000 calories a day.
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    They naturally have the ability to be a size zero because of their body structure. There are people who will NEVER be a size 0 and that's OK. You should not strive to be a number. You should strive to be healthy for YOU.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna vote that that isn't possible unless they become anorexic.. which is heartbreaking.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Good luck x

No such thing as a size 0 here in the Uk, so no idea where you get your clothing from. Size 6 is the smallest most shops go down to, and I have only ever seen size 4 in Miss Selfridge and those are few and far between. Usa size 0 is Uk size 4.