Size 0

Options

Replies

• kgoodman0108
    Options
    At my smallest, I was 5'2 and 110 pounds. I could wear a size 0 in a few stores... but in other stores, I wore as big as a size 6! I'm very petite and this was the smallest I could imagine myself weighing. I'm not even shooting for that again... my goal is to wear a size 4-6 (or 8, if the brand runs small).
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I never understood the concept of calling something a size zero. Zero means none, so it's like it's not even a size at all. :laugh:
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I am a size 2 but do own one pair of size 0 that fit really tight on my curvy body lol. I was a size 12 -13 at my heaviest and yes I still eat my 2,000 calories a day. Plus my workout calories.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    if someone has a small frame, then they probably will be size zero or close to it at the lower end of the healthy body fat percentage range.

That would not be me, I have a large frame. But there is a lot of variation, so there are a lot of people who can be size zero at a healthy body fat percentage.
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    I really think bone structure has a lot to do with it. Even if I am in shape and have a normal BMI my butt and thighs would never allow me to be a zero. My skeleton could not be a size zero. It's just how I am built.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna vote that that isn't possible unless they become anorexic.. which is heartbreaking.
    Im not talking about people who are naturally a size 0 or naturally that way im taking about overweight people getting to a size 0 how do they really do that,?

Why would someone have to be anorexic to lose weight and become a 0? I agree body type has something to do with it, but losing weight can get you there. I am a rather curvy person. I lost about 50 pounds (gained a few back). I do have a small frame, but I have wide (for my body) hips and breasts that are not small. I wear a 2. When I was at my thinnest (117 lbs. at 5'4", I'm currently 126), I could fit in some 0 things. I can't go that small in skirts because of my hips, but I can wear an XS (0-2) in some workout clothing and sometimes dresses. I am certainly not anorexic, (I typically consume between 1300-1700 calories a day currently) and I came down from a size 12-14. Not everyone will hit a ), sure, but it can be done and it can be done healthily, and not just be "naturally size 0 (whatever that means) people. And, has been pointed out, size is relative. Vanity sizing is rampant right now.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Vanity sizing!

These shorts are zero from express and I am not that small. No thigh gap. I have narrow hips though.

11ff6315.jpg
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people. I lost went from a size 16/18 to a size 0/2. I'm 5'9".

I do have very small hips and very little booty, and a small frame.

Lucky for me I have very little stretch marks and no loose skin.

I didn't starve myself, and I never ate less than 1400 calories a day. I just previously had a diet so bad that it was ruining my health - I must have been eating 3000+ calories or more every single day of little nutritional value.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    BTW Burpees, those are cute shorts.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I never understood the concept of calling something a size zero. Zero means none, so it's like it's not even a size at all. :laugh:

I once saw a 00.
  • Keane2baMsed
    Keane2baMsed Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Okay so how do people really get to size 0 do they have to eat like a bird like 300 calories, How do people really get that small, I know i will never be that small i mean i could never imagine being a size 0 nor do i want to, so , How do people get that small do they eat more or less, do they starve do they do this that what?

I am a uk size 0-6 - which I really hate. Shopping is a nightmare. I haven't bought clothes for years, my husband does that for me - that's how much I hate it.

To answer the question - I am 5'4 and weigh between 107-110 pounds. I have a really small bone structure.
    Also, I work out a lot. Have been since high school. I have a body fat percentage of 17%. I am very lean. I do eat a lot. In fact I eat so much that my friends, families, collegues etc etc everyone complains about it. I went to a chinese buffet last week with my husband and the waiter told me to stop eating as I had eaten over half of the food they had laid out. I am permanently hungry. I feel starved on 3000 calories. I am a total foodie. Saying that 90% of the time, I cook at home everything from scratch and fresh. My freezer is empty. I don't buy frozen stuffs. Not that I have anything against it; just am too lazy to defrost things. I have a huge passion for creative cooking. And I have never owned a microwave in my life. Now that's sad. Also, I don't snack. I eat full meals. I don't eat in between. I have two lunches as I don't eat breakfast which are around 1000 cal each; my first lunch is at 12.30 then second one at 4 and my dinner is around 1200 cal at 9.

Finally, I don't know whether genetics plays a role in weight but I am in fact the biggest in my family. VB has got nothing on my sisters and brothers for that matter lol. But I am trying to put on weight and it took me almost 6 years to put on 10 pounds.

Good luck x

Have you seen a doctor? Sounds like it could be a hyperactive thyroid problem if you still feel like you're starving on 3000 calories a day.

I would also suggest the same. A trip to your doctor may not be a bad idea if you are hungry on what really is a huge amount of calories a day.

It may just be the way your metabolism works but it could be an underlying issue such as over-active thyroid so it would be worth getting some blood tests to be sure.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    My sister is a size 0/2. She's very athletic and eats more than I do (I'm 5'8" and a size 14). She has much narrower hips than I do, and she's quite muscular also.

It's pretty ridiculous to assume that everyone who is thin doesn't eat.
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Okay so how do people really get to size 0 do they have to eat like a bird like 300 calories, How do people really get that small, I know i will never be that small i mean i could never imagine being a size 0 nor do i want to, so , How do people get that small do they eat more or less, do they starve do they do this that what?

im pretty sure the hip span of my skeleton is larger than a zero...:noway:
  • mhcoss
    mhcoss Posts: 220
    Options
    get down to 14% body fat.... see what size you are. Only then can you get a clear image of what your actual build is. Until then your image is construed by body fat.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    Vanity sizing!

These shorts are zero from express and I am not that small. No thigh gap. I have narrow hips though.

11ff6315.jpg

Derailing thread: Jacksmom12, is that Jack in your pic? He's adorable!

Back to thread:

OP: I'm down to a size 4-6 and can't even imagine being lower. Could you be a size 0 someday? Maybe. Stick around, eat healthy below your TDEE, exercise and you might find out.
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    Bone structure, muscle tone, and genetics play a huge part in this. Similar to a thigh gap for women and the V and full six pack for men.

Some people won the genetic lottery, but most haven't.
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on the body of the person... One of my good friends was a TRIPLE ZERO..... 000.. insane i know. Then she hit puberty and gained like 6 sizes, because she got hips.
  • FriendsR4EverTreasures
    Options
    Size 0 can be a lot of things not jus clothing size. My heaviest weight ever was 200lbs. I am 5"4" tall, and I would consider myself a medium frame with most of my weight in the hips and thighs. I have clothes that range from size 0 to size 4 and my zumba pants are large. so there you go, yes you can reach a size 0 even if you are heavy, and size 0 is different in various types of clothing. By the way, I weigh 138 pounds but have quite a bit of muscle, so that also determines your size. Bottom line, don't fret too much on size. How you feel, look, and are comfortable in your own skin is what's important. And, no, I did not starve to get this way, I workout exstensively because I love to eat large amounts of food, just look at my diary!!! :)
  • Hahahha I don't know why but always spins me out when people say "size 0"... My 2 year old only just got out of size 0!!! (FINALLY) I could never imagine wearing something that small =D

I do know that you're not actually talking about baby clothes sizes BTW its just what automatically pops up into my head =D

I think this is the size conversion:

US = Aus
    00 = 4
    0 = 6
    2 = 8
    4 = 10
    6 = 12
    8 = 14

I think you'd have to have very small bone structure to get into a size 00 or 0 so I don't think it would be a great "goal size" (unless you've been there before??)
    My actual goal size is a AU size 10 so a US 4. But I am more concerned with how I feel in myself rather than how tiny my clothes are =D

Good luck getting to a size 0 - if that is your goal =D
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    There was a documentary about this - a woman who was a UK size 12 and had gotten down to an American 0 (UK size 4, I think?) by becoming bulimic for a year. On the other hand, my sister is a natural size 0 - eats healthy and works out moderately.

Just eat healthy, exercise, and be happy in whatever size you wear!