Size 0

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    In the same way that some people are tall and some are short and some go bald and some have brown skin and some have white skin....
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    I am small boned so I get that small being within normal weight range for my height. I am 5'3 3/4 and when I weigh 120 I am a size 0 or 2. I can actually go down to 108 safely according to the charts, but I feel I look too skinny. I am then a 0. I stay at 120. I am 41 yrs old.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    In the same way that some people are tall and some are short and some go bald and some have brown skin and some have white skin....

Taso, don't be ridiculous. It's magic. You know this.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Profound.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna vote that that isn't possible unless they become anorexic.. which is heartbreaking.
    Im not talking about people who are naturally a size 0 or naturally that way im taking about overweight people getting to a size 0 how do they really do that,?

They do it by losing weight and there is no reason to assume it has to be unhealthy weight loss. I went from size 20-22 to size 4 and I can absolutely see someone being able to get to 0 with a slightly different body type than mine or lower body fat percentage. And I eat 1700-2200 calories per day. I really don't get why you think someone who was overweight can't get to the same clothing sizes as someone who has never been overweight.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Definitely to do with bone structure, even at 123 at my height of 5'10, I could only get onto some size 2s and certainly doubt I would have fit a size 0 USA. It was a great source of frustration and upset and anger to me when I was anorexic when younger, and back then before we got the size 0 and 2 in the mainstream Uk shops, even at 105 Ibs, I could not fit all of the size 4s of that time. Even now, I still sometimes get that old sense of frustration at needing a bigger size.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Depends on where you shop.

As an adult it's probably not usually easy to be a size zero and not have some eating issues. But it does happen.
    I was a size zero until I was a 24.

I'm now a 2/4/6(depending on the store) and eat well.

Don't focus so much on a size. Eat healthy, work out. If you get there you get there. Also don't worry about what size others are.

****btw I never want to go back to a zero again
  • simplynaturalfarm
    simplynaturalfarm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think I might have been zero when I was born . . . ;)
    I was 117lbs when I was 18 and I am 5:4. I looked very thin in pictures and I still wore a size 10 (as a side when I unintentionally went from 125 down to 117 my uncle said, "Finally you look good!"). I am very curvy.
    At 22 I was 135 on the farm and looked very fit and healthy and eating way more protein and dairy. I went UP when I started bicycling tons and at 145 you could not tell I wasn't 135. I wore 10/12 at that point. All of my cousins spoke of size 0-4 (4 was for fatties so I wasn't going to tell them I was 10!!!), and I was horribly self conscious because of what they said. But they also were very petite.
    Who cares if you can get into size zero - my SIL is constantly trying to gain weight and when i asked her what size she was she said she did not know as she bought second hand and just picked what looked like it could fit.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of size 0 jeans but the brand is just cut wide. I'm not even all that small. 5'4" 115-118 depending on the day.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna vote that that isn't possible unless they become anorexic.. which is heartbreaking.

What a horrible, insulting thing to say. I bust my *kitten* and eats lot of amazing, healthy food and I also happen to be 5' tall. Yeah, I'm a 0 or even a 00 and I can squat a house and out-lift many women who weigh a lot more than me. And No, I'm not built like a boy or have the hips of a 12 year old. I don't even have a small frame. I have a medium to large frame. This is just the way I'm built. Did I mention that I bust my *kitten*?.... in the gym... all the time.

So, of course it's possible. Rude lady.
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hips are problematic.

So true. When I was at my smallest I was about 100 lbs at 5'4".
    My ribs showed and my pelvis was so prominent that I couldn't wear slim skirts but my breeder hips were never less than 35 1/2 inches. No way I have ever worn pants that were less than a 6.
    That being said I had the fastest most pain and drug free deliveries a woman could ask for.:happy:
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am close to a 0-2 size and am by far surpassing 300 calories. It depends on your build too, I dont think this would be possible to achieve by all. If you have wider build, hips etc. Some peple are just built tiny. I am 5"9 and 135 pnds. I have been following a very high protein diet and constant exercise routine to get to a lower body fat, eating 1500-2000 calories. I have been up to a 6-8 when I did not have as good eating habits.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Bone structure. At my lightest I was a uk size 8 and looked very unwell, I think, for me, it would be impossible to get to a size zero - my skeleton is probably about a 6 :/
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    <---- eats 1500-1700 calories and is a size 0, even 00 every so often.

People are made in different sizes. It happens.
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I easily fit into a vanity size 0 (Express, Ann Taylor, White House Black Market, Banana Republic, etc). All of my dress pants for work are size 00, 0 and 2 (2's are a little big). There are some stores when a 0 is too big sometimes (Old Navy).

I am not a true size 0 though. I'm probably more like a 4-6. I have a 24.5" waist and 35" hips. I'm 5'0 (well...almost), and 113lbs.
    My hips are narrow (as in the bones) but I have quite a round behind. I'm around a UK size 4-6 (but not sure which UK brands vanity size).

Oh..and yes I need to lose weight....and I do not have an eating disorder. I just tend to hold fat more in my upper body (chest, back, arms, face) than I do my lower body (hips, behind, lower belly, thighs).

I've always been a small pants size, even when I was slightly heavier.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I was a size 14. Now I'm a size 1.
    I didn't have surgery. I don't eat like a bird. I eat 1600 calories a day, lift heavy weights, and do cardio occasionally.

Jealous? Or just douchey? Maybe a little bit of both?
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Yeah, certain stores size 0 are huge on me, vanity sized. I'm only 5'2 and 100 pounds yet I struggle to eat under 2000 calories daily. Not active at all.

Some of us are just small. :)
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Im not talking about people who are naturally a size 0 or naturally that way im taking about overweight people getting to a size 0 how do they really do that,?

Not anorexic, I've been the same size all my life.

Then - 6859716459_793f4fc49c_n.jpg
    and still skinny - 8514489444_55cae6bee6.jpg
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Frame size plays a huge role. it is absolutely not true that just anyone can do it if they want it enough and work hard enough.

Puberty put me at a size 14, at a perfect weight for my height (I remember being 145 at 5'9". I grew another inch and put on a bit more weight but was a 14 through college. My mom was 5'9" and got down to 115 from thyroid disorders, and ever got below a size 13.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

No. People who used to be big and are now size zeros are just size Zeros who used to be big.

I will never be a size zero- why? Because my hip bones and rib cage are too big for a size zero. Even at an unhealthily low BF, I would STILL not be a size zero.

Alternatively, a woman with different bone structure than I could be a size zero with a healthy bf%.

People are DiFFERENT.