What advice would you give your younger self?

Options

Replies

• rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I would tell my younger self to spend more time with the family. When a family member calls to listen to that conversation and cherish it.
    I remember my last phone call with my brother but I was busy doing something so I wasn't really listening! Miss that kid like freaking crazy! Wish he was here to see all the fabulous things that are happening in life!
  • SusanaLdn
    SusanaLdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I would not tell myself anything because I would be too fearful of changing who i am and what I have accomplished. I had so much bad that it pushed my to fight harder. If I avoided any of the bad, would I be who and where I am today?

^^^ and this :)
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Run as fast as you can from that guy you think you love more than anything! Go to university and get a diploma in a field you love and can actually make a good living in.
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    "Chrissy has HPV."
    With love,
    Burt

tumblr_makk03Q55C1qi2tc7.gif
  • aditifoodie
    aditifoodie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    "PUT DOWN THAT CHINESE FOOD AND START EXERCISING YOU FOOL"
  • Ron6098
    Ron6098 Posts: 31
    Options
    I would tell my 20 yr old self to include weight training and not rely solely on cardio. Who knows where I'd be if I started then vs 29.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    the good and the bad of life is in hat moment, not the sum of your life...until you're actually dead, and then, well your dead...so don't worry so much about the lows and maybe not so taken with the highs for whatever that's worth.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Don't grow up!!! It's a trap!!! :laugh:
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Dear 18-year-old self,

First of all...don't date either one of those two guys in college. Yes, you learn a lot from the experiences, but they're just not worth it. Don't waste your time! Just focus on school and do your best! And don't stress so much about deciding what to major in or what you want to do with your life. You'll eventually figure that out and when you do, you'll be 100% confident that you made the right choice. So just let that point come naturally and don't stress over it. Most importantly, LOSE THE EXTRA WEIGHT! You can do it! I promise you you're capable of WAY more than you think you are! Start with small healthy choices and don't ever give up! Get yourself healthy and stop caring so much about what others think. And have more fun in college too! You're going to miss those years dearly one day, so quit being so serious, loosen up, and live your college life to the absolute FULLEST!

With love,
    Your older, wiser, and much happier 25-year-old self
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Don't do it
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Don't spend your money trying to impress people!
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    OMG, if only..

A few things come to mind, first one..."step AWAY from the refrigerator"

Another one would've been to maintain certain friendships. I have no friends...and it's all my fault, oops.

And a big kicker around the age of 16 would've been stay away from the bad boys.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I would tell my 20 yr old self to include weight training and not rely solely on cardio. Who knows where I'd be if I started then vs 29.

SAME!!!
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    1. You're going to miss high school. Enjoy it.
    2. Ugh dont date any of those dudes!!
    3. Saltine Crackers are not a food group
  • theshow4jsu
    theshow4jsu Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Your life will suck for a few years, in fact a decade, but it gets better I promise. The light at the end of the tunnel is much brighter than the darkness you will go through. Just because you get injured and can't play college football doesn't mean you have to curl up into a depression for 10 years. Get clearance from the doctor and get back in the gym and give me a better chance to be successful earlier in life than this. Suck it up and get going!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it so much.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    "Put the hairspray down. There is simply no need to make your bangs stand up like an ironing board. A hairdryer is to dry hair, not freeze it into submission."
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    This is a sad question for me as far as weight loss goes....

My baby sister is the SAME was I was when I was her age.. she is 9. She is overweight and it kills me! I'd tell myself simply how much I would regret not doing something sooner. My doctor told me, my parents told me.. I didn't listen. =( I was only a kid... but still. I tried losing weight when I was like 14.. =/ I'd tell my 9 year old self to stop eating junk, don't sneak food, and go play more!
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Slow down Life will come at it's own pace no need to rush growing up. Study harder...well at all would have been nice. Love yourself others will follow.
  • Dartgal73
    Dartgal73 Posts: 11
    Options
    Never start smoking. It took over 20 years before that bad habit was broken. Also, there's no such thing as " just the head!" lol