Weirdest thing you've ever ate???

Options

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Balut, I like it though.

For the win. I will not eat that.
    I have eaten pretty much everything from monkey brains to fried bugs to rotten eggs. Balut? No thanks.
  • samdondero
    samdondero Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    im homeless so ive eaten a lot of weird stuff... i guess a candle would be mine.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    all in japan...

- horse
    - venemous snake wine
    - chicken 'sashimi' (called tatami, it's cured but it's effectively raw chicken, really unnerving to eat :S
    - raw beef - amazing!
    - fermented soybeans
    - 'mountain potato'- which is slimy and gooey and ODD
    - curry with cheese in it
    - pizza with eggplant and corn on it
    - aloe yoghurt
    - sake with gold leaf in it
    - chocolate covered barley

...to name a few :laugh:

out of japan...

- kangaroo
    -ostrich
    - vegemite :p
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    Options
    This one chick was pretty weird she was like 25 still watched.pokemon and harry potter... ohhh food.. hmmm idk
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    The weirdest for me is probably fish sperm sacs in Japan. They look like brain a bit, but are slippery and squishy and quite weird in texture.

I've also had sheep brain, tongue & intestines, pig ears & feet, fried goat testicles, but these are not weird where I come from.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Ostrich burger - really nice.

Wife and her family (from Lancaster) all eat "parchy peas" - they smell like a stable with a particulalrly incontinent horse, taste like horse poop too.....
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    alligator is the weirdest I can think of right now, it was really good and very surprisingly to me it did actually taste like chicken lol
  • bekinator
    bekinator Posts: 103
    Options
    lime & chili powder-covered crickets. more crackly than tasty. ¡viva la méxico!
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Mine is either rattlesnake.... or a frogs eye that i was double dared to eat. What's yours???

Barbacoa (cow's head). I was very tempted to get my stomach pumped.
  • SarahDavs
    SarahDavs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Something called "wet dog" a mixture of tang and powdered milk mixed with just enough water to make it a frosting consistency. They called it wet dog because it smells like a wet dog. :3
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Another person . . . . .

nothing weird about that...is there?
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 288
    Options
    Woodchuck noodle soup- It was actually some of the best Chicken noodle soup I ever ate except it was not chicken. If you don't know what a woodchuck is other names are groundhog, whistle pig, or land beaver. My cousin and I were camping in a creek gorge and it started to rain heavily so we hiked out to a camp of people living in the woods for shelter until the rain let up they had a pot on the fire and gave us some.
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Seal :) and lion. Thats right.
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    im homeless so ive eaten a lot of weird stuff... i guess a candle would be mine.

even homeless people have computers these days...hopefully you stole it
  • TattednPierced
    Options
    My ex girlfriend. Ba Dum Tiss.
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Woodchuck noodle soup- It was actually some of the best Chicken noodle soup I ever ate except it was not chicken. If you don't know what a woodchuck is other names are groundhog, whistle pig, or land beaver. My cousin and I were camping in a creek gorge and it started to rain heavily so we hiked out to a camp of people living in the woods for shelter until the rain let up they had a pot on the fire and gave us some.

I thought land beaver meant something completely different lemme tell you!
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    The grammar Nazi in me wants to correct the title to "Weirdest thing you've ever eaten"

Grapple. An apple that tastes and smells like a grape but looks like a regular red apple. I tried them last year out of curiousity. It was the weirdest thing.
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    tinned raw octopus. tasted about like i expected...
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Raw sea urchins are weird, no question about that.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Let's see: boiled silkworm pupae, spicy puppy-dog stew, barbecued dragonfly, raw beef, octopus, julienned jellyfish, whole fermented baby crab including shell, sheep intestine, shrimp potato chips, dried squid, and acorn jelly. (In other words, I lived in Korea for 3 years.) ;)

And it was all delicious.

I did all of this but the most daring was the poisonous puffer fish sushi. Very expensive and if prepared wrong you will die. I was in korea for a year and a half