Roll Call!

Options
AuntieMC
AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
1. Name
2. how much weight you have lost so far
3. How much you still want to lose, or are you maintaining?

4. Best single piece of advice you would give people just starting out.

I'll go first!

1. Name -- AuntieMC
2. I have lost 181 pounds since August 2011
3. I would like to lose another forty pounds

4. My best advice to those just starting out is to get rid of junk food! For me, even small amounts of it just incite my cravings. I got off sugar and junk food, and went hard toward vegetables (which I didn't even used to like, until I got off sugar! Then other things started tasting good to me!). Previously, trying to cut down on junk never did me much good. It only worked as long as I had iron self-control. Once I got off of it, I stopped craving it all the time, and that made things MUCH easier!

Replies

• AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    What, no one???
  • Foxxy18
    Foxxy18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1. Paige
    2. I've lost 15 pounds so far(:
    3. I want to lose about 80 pounds total
    4. Just get your butt out there and do it...
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I'll play

1)Kathy
    2)None (this is a real issue as its not from lack of exercise, or lack of eating calories, or eating properly - my dietician, trainer, pcm and I are researching this)
    3) 100ish lbs
    4) Get the word DIET out of your vocabulary.... it is a lifestyle, if you can't reasonably maintain it for the next 50 years then dont start it. The choices are yours alone, nothing made you do it, accept it, fix it, move on.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    1) lauren
    2) lost 80lb so far
    3) not really sure aiming for another 50lb
    4 no more excuses!
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    1. Jim
    2. 40lbs
    3. Another 40
    4. Every journey begins with a single step
  • Missyann52
    Missyann52 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    1. Margie
    2. 8
    3. 20
    4 If you go off course get right back on. Slow & steady wins the race.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    1. Name - Pam

2. how much weight you have lost so far - 127 pounds

3. How much you still want to lose, or are you maintaining? - 18 more pounds

4. Best single piece of advice you would give people just starting out. - Drop the soda and learn to love water.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Lenny
    70 ish
    none
    get a food scale use it religiously. Eat well:)
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    1. Name: Ashley.
    2. how much weight you have lost so far? 23 pounds.
    3. How much you still want to lose, or are you maintaining? 65ish, maybe more.
    4. Best single piece of advice you would give people just starting out. -- Moderation is key, if you start cutting out all the things you love then you will be miserable and most likely quit sooner, enjoy things in moderation and give yourself some leeway. :heart:

* I know I haven't lost that much weight and I have a long way to go but I am dedicated and very supportive if anyone is looking for friends. :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    1. Name: chelsea
    2. how much weight you have lost so far? 44 lbs
    3. How much you still want to lose, or are you maintaining? 7 to next goal; 14.4 to UGW
    4. Best single piece of advice you would give people just starting out. if you bite it, write it. also, measure it. I didn't realize how many extra calories i was consuming just grazing and nibbling here and there. it adds up quick!!! take progress pics and measurements!!! and for god's sake- eat.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    name: Sparkles
    weight lost: 10 lbs in 4 weeks
    amount to lose: 49 lbs

i had to learn to take it day by day and not get discouraged by the fluctuating scale, i may not reach my goal by the summer but i definitely wont be as fat as i am now. so i guess my advice would be to be patient and stay focused.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    and for god's sake- eat.

Exactly... i hate the i'm starving myself and cant lose weight threads. :)
  • Louiseisme
    Options
    1. Name: Louiseisme (Linda)
    2. how much weight you have lost so far? 117 lbs since 2/1/2012
    3. How much you still want to lose, or are you maintaining? 30-40 more
    4. Best single piece of advice you would give people just starting out. --EXERCISE & MODERATION -Move your body every day even if it is a casual stroll, falling back into couch potato habits are very easy. Don't deprive yourself, if you are craving something make room in your calories for it, it makes living healthy easier.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,502 Member
    Options
    1. Name: Colleen
    2. How much weight you have lost so far? 9 lbs
    3. How much you still want to lose, or are you maintaining? I'm not quite sure. Nine pounds turned out to be more significant than I expected. Maybe another 10...?
    4. Best single piece of advice you would give people just starting out.

I make "deals" with myself.

-You want a cheeseburger? Okay, you can have it. If you're still hungry after a salad. (I'm never still hungry).
    -You don't want to exercise? Okay, just do the first circuit of your Jillian Michaels DVD and then you can stop. (I never feel like stopping once I'm through that first circuit).
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    1. Kimi
    2. Lost 61 since starting MFP, lost 38 before starting MFP ( almost to 100 from highest)
    3. Approx 40 more pounds to go
    4. Use small non-food rewards for goals met, Definetly takes measurements & Before pictures
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    1. Megan
    2. 11 pounds since Jan 25th (this is my 2nd attempt)
    3, to lose 101 lbs
    4. Never give up (like I did but I came back) and drink lots of water
  • CHCotton
    CHCotton Posts: 10
    Options
    1. CHCotton
    2. 11 pounds since I was at my heaviest.
    3. another 22 to go
    4. Unless you puke, faint, or die: KEEP GOING. (I chant this in my head when the treadmill starts to hurt, when the weights start to burn, etc etc)
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Name: Mike
    43 pounds since Jan 21st.
    57 more to go
    Never give up, take responsibility for yourself! You got yourself fat, you can get yourself to where you want to be.
  • FutureGodess
    Options
    1. Claudia
    2. 64 lbs
    3. Still want to lose another 10 more lbs for now but once I get there I want another 10 more.
    4. It becomes a habit.
  • jcc4
    jcc4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    James
    70 lbs since 2011
    ~ 50 lbs left to go
    Pick things up and put them down!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!