Options

Replies

• JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Jenni

124 Pounds

Not sure!

Log every sip and bite and keep moving! Oh and don't think of it as a diet.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Tricia
    100lbs
    0 left to go
    Don't let the scale lie to you. Sometimes it stops moving for a while but that doesn't mean you should.
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    1. Julie
    2. 74 pounds
    3. 88 pounds
    4. Make mini goals for yourself so that you are not disappointed if it takes you to long to see the big numbers. Need to be proud of each accomplishment and not expect to see if come off all in one night (after all if didn't come on that fast).
  • davidpearly
    davidpearly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Name: David

Lost since joining MFP 18, loss total 30

at least 67 more to go

put in work, know your numbers, and be patient.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Liese
    40ish lbs so far
    5 lbs left to go
    You have to make it happen. I know the excuses: I have 4 kids, a part time job and a busy life--but you MAKE it happen, or it won't.
  • Kurrsteee
    Kurrsteee Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    1. Name: Kirsty.
    2. how much weight you have lost so far?: 38lbs (hopefully more - weigh in in the morning!)
    3. How much you still want to lose, or are you maintaining?: Still want to lose at least another 18lbs, maybe 25.

4. Best single piece of advice you would give people just starting out: it gets easier. Feel 'too hungry'? Vegtables, lots and lots of vegetables!
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You got yourself fat, you can get yourself to where you want to be.

I'm stealing this. putting it on my page. this is the BEST thing i've read since i've been on MFP. thank you.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    1. Cristy
    2. 54.5 lbs
    3. 7 more lbs before I meet this goal
    4. Have patience. You didn't gain weight over night. You won't lose it overnight. And take progress pics.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    1. Name : Larry
    2. how much weight you have lost so far : 68 lbs
    3. How much you still want to lose, or are you maintaining? : 15 lbs

4. Best single piece of advice you would give people just starting out. : Log everyday.
  • Autumnsun26
    Autumnsun26 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    1. Chrissy
    2. I've lost 10 lbs
    3. I still want to lose 120 lbs

I have no room to give advice since I'm just starting out. But for me I love work out classes they really motivate me. And try to get rid of the crap in your diet. Weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise so they say. I am giving my all in both areas!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    1. Sam
    2. 36 pounds
    3. Wanna lose around 35 more

Oh, and no real advice other then log everything (even your indulgences) and move around a lot.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    1. Dave
    2. 128 lbs. since December 2011
    3. Just a few to reach my body fat % goal
    4. Choose your sources for exercise physiology and nutrition as carefully as you'd choose your medical doctor, lawyer, investment adviser, or spouse. Along those lines, there are lots of clueless Pub Med Ninjas out there citing poorly funded N = 6 studies conducted by third rate scientists from Tier 3 universities -- avoid them. You'd be better off being a System 1 thinker relying on basic intuition.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    1. David
    2. how much weight you have lost so far: 66
    3. How much you still want to lose, or are you maintaining? Need to lose 23.
    4. Best single piece of advice you would give people just starting out. LOG IT!
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    1. Christy
    2. 22 lbs
    3. Still want to lose 130 more lbs

4. PATIENCE
  • AnnaSmith27
    Options
    1. Anna
    2. I've lost 52 pounds
    3. I'd like to lose AT LEAST 36 more.
    4. Something that I've struggled with is the scale. I've let it determine my success and I religiously get on every morning even though I know that there can't be any drastic changes in a day. When I get on the scale and see the number higher, I panic and stress myself out throughout the day worrying about it. I'd tell anyone just starting out that you cannot measure your success solely by the number on the scale. Don't be a slave to it, if anything be a slave to the measuring tape as it's the one of the best ways to show how far you've come. Oh, and take pictures! I really wish I had more before photos to compare.
  • 7Nonny
    7Nonny Posts: 15
    Options
    1) 7Nonny
    2) 10 lbs
    3) 20 more
    3) Get the junk out of the house. If you want an occasional treat have it ~ I go thru the McD drivethru for a cone.
    If you fall off the wagon, GET BACK ON. Always keep trying. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • knwells16
    knwells16 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    1. Nikki
    2. None...I just started my new lifestyle on Friday
    3. Need to lose 125 lbs
    4. Lose the word DIET. This is a lifestyle change for the better :flowerforyou:
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    . Name: Collin
    2. how much weight you have lost so far? 13 bs
    3. How much you still want to lose, or are you maintaining? 20ish but lifting so going more on looks than weight
    4. Best single piece of advice you would give people just starting out.
    Lift Heavy.
  • soontobemeagain
    soontobemeagain Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1) Kelly
    2) 9.5lbs
    3) 100+
    4) don't skip breakfast...if I skip it I have a hard day, also drink loads of water :)
  • redking1012
    redking1012 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1. Rory
    2. 39 pounds (Oct.2012)
    3. 15-20 more
    4. Log in every day
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!