1. Courtney
    2. 30 lbs
    3. 96 more lbs.

4. Get rid of excuses! It can be done!
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    1: Sir Grundle the 3rd
    2: 121
    3: 15 lbs (sort of maintaining I have been cycling between gaining / cutting trying to improve body composition)

4: Consistency is key make small changes you can keep for the rest of your life. Lots of small changes + time = big change
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You guys are so inspiring!

1. Hello. I am Alison! Yay, me!
    2. I have lost 108 pounds so far.
    3. I still have somewhere in the neighborhood of 75 pounds to go.
    4. Advice...hmmmm, advice... Let's see... I would say some good advice is to log honestly (even if you keep your diary private), drink lots of water (from a former diet coke addict), don't be too hard on yourself if you slip up or make mistakes, move your body as often as you can and always get back up. It is only failure if you stay down.

but, my BEST ADVICE is to really learn to love yourself and your body in the moment you are in right now. If I can't love everything about myself (even if I have things I would prefer to change) then I really can't fully love anyone or anything else. When you look at yourself with doubt, shame, anger or other "negative" feelings, all you are doing is lying to yourself about how great you are. You need to look at yourself, your body, your life, your "flaws" and everyone else and SEE and CELEBRATE the good things. Leave the bad things behind!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    1. mgobluetx12
    2. 66lbs since late July, 2012
    3. I would like to lose about another 30lbs, but not really sure.
    4. Best piece of advice would be to eat more protein! MFP sets protein so low and carbs so high. Increasing my protein to 30% and reducing carbs to 40% (fat is set to 30%) helped me off a plateau and I've been losing consistently ever since. Protein helps you retain lean body mass, keeps you full longer and enhances leptin/insulin functions. When you don't feel full, you tend to eat more carbs and that's the opposite of what you want for losing weight.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    1. Goose
    2. 50lbs since 2011
    3. Maintaining/getting stronger
    4. Push yourself. Nothing good happens in your comfort zone. Also, don't be a quitter.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    best advice I received was: don't take the easy way out, because if you do you will just put the weight back on. to lose the weight you have got to work at it.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    1. Emmiebabie
    2. 13 pounds
    3. 37 more pounds

4. Soreness is not an excuse to stop, keep pushing keep going keep living.
  • HandPsdad
    HandPsdad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Rob
    50 pounds since July
    25 pounds to go
    Drink your water, do something physical EVERY day
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    1. Jess
    2. 133.4lbs, I've lost 21lbs
    3. Around 10lbs. :)

4. Best advice is to get rid of the junk food out of the house, anything that I would binge on! And water, water, water! :D
  • KCGettinFit2014
    Options
    1. Casey
    2. I've lost 17lbs so far
    3. I need to lose at least 18 more
    4. Surround yourself with support and positivity. If it weren't for the support of my husband, I doubt I would be working to lose weight at all.
  • Andrew_peter
    Andrew_peter Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Andy
    38 lbs lost so far!!
    46 lbs to go.
    Pre-plan meals and don't cut-out foods you enjoy!! Seriously, by planning ahead you can have that pizza if you want it. Might just have to settle for a salad or apple for your next meal to make up for it though! Balance in nutrition is what I am learning the most here!!
  • jokerswild355
    Options
    My name is Lisa Kinney and I have lost 23 pounds since November 2012. I am down 30 pounds from my heaviest.
    My intent is to lose another 173 pounds. It seems like a lot but it's doable.

When I first discovered My fitness pal, I never knew how much I was taking in until I saw it This has been amazing for me because I can eat things that I never knew I could and thingsI shouldn't but seeing the intake as made me more aware of it and limit those foods. I recommend this to all my friends because it has helped me tremendously.

It has also helped me with my diabetes. I was diagnosed on my birthday last year and I never took it seriously until I had an attack in November. I got serious because in April, I was 6.7 for an A1C and in November, it was 9.9. After waking up from my sleep about diabetes, I am back down to 6.6 and in 2 months will probably lose my diabetic status. This is why I swear to my fitness pal. This has been a life saver for me.
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    1. Name: Laura (Sandi)
    2. how much weight you have lost so far: 24lbs!
    3. How much you still want to lose, or are you maintaining?: Wanting to lose another 26-36lbs. I'll let my body decide where it wants to stay.

4. Best single piece of advice you would give people just starting out.: If you are trying to lose weight and keep it off, you need to remember that this is not a diet, but a lifestyle change, emphasis on LIFEstyle. And be patient. You will not reach your goal overnight. Yes, when you first start you may lose a lt of weight really fast (I lost 17lbs in January, 6lbs in February, and now I am struggling to lose 1lb a week.) This is a journey, and it is not easy, but it is definitely worth it.
  • mikeswife04
    mikeswife04 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    1. Alicia
    2. 60 pounds in a year (90 since highschool)
    3. I still wanna lose another 10-12 pounds

4. Keep at it... never give up... If you have a bad day don't beat yourself up, just do better tomorrow.... :)
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    1. Britt
    2. Over all: 90 lbs., since I started MFP last year: 20 lbs, but put 10 lbs. in muscle.
    3. I'm going more for a size than how many pounds. I'd like to be a size 10, maybe an 8.
    4. Do yourself a favor and hide the scale and measure. The scale can be a nasty thing with all its ups and downs.
  • scarywordlikediet
    scarywordlikediet Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    1. Name: Nicole
    2. Started Jan. 18, 3013 and 18.4 lbs lost so far
    3. Want to lose another 101.6 lbs

4. Do something TODAY that your future self will thank you for.
  • lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    1. Name: Stacey
    2. how much weight you have lost so far? 7 lbs net since 1/2/13
    3. How much you still want to lose, or are you maintaining? I've got about 35 lbs or so to go
    4. Best single piece of advice you would give people just starting out? Find the "In Place of a Road Map" thread and FOLLOW IT.
  • keya729
    keya729 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    1. keya
    2. 25lbs
    3. I would like to lose about 75 more pounds.
    4. My advice to anyone is don't give up and don't ever quit. Even when it's getting hard and you feel like you're not losing anything just keep going.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    1. Chris
    2. 48 lbs
    3. 5-7 lbs

4. Log everything
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My name is Amber :smile:
    I've lost 51 lbs so far and I have another 20 or so to go...
    Best advice would be- Go to bed hungry!!!! Food is fuel and you don't need a lot of fuel to sleep so save those calories for when you really need them :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!