Roll Call!

Options

Replies

• ftballmom9296
    ftballmom9296 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Name: Stacey
    I have lost 15 pounds so far I rejoined on Jan. 15, 2013
    I would like to lose 85 more lbs. that would make me totally satisfied.
    My advise would be, to be totally honest with yourself and log everything. You are human and will make mistakes but that should be a learning tool and help you on your journey.

My moto is: You didn't gain it in a day, you will not lose it in a day....
  • brerodriguez85
    Options
    Name: Bre'
    Wt Lost: 35lbs: (Since Sept. 2012)
    Wt To Lose: As Of Now Another 20 And I'll Be Satisfied..but 30 would be better ;)
    Advice: Weigh Yourself WEEKLY Instead Of Daily. (I Used To Do This All The Time And Became Quite Discouraged When I Wasn't Seeing The Results I Wanted And That Would Make Me Give Up.) Stay Motivated!! :)
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Name Kathey Aka Mumofaduo (mom of two)
    Lost 59 give or take so far but since rejoining MFP lost 22
    I need to lose at least 60 more pounds
    Single best piece of advice (besides EAT and JOURNAL EVERY BITE) would be to take the words BAD FOOD out of your vocab. Every food is a gift and we need to learn not to give food so much power!!! Its just food!!! If you want it, eat it, exercise more if need be, but DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP FOR IT!!! YOU ARE THE ONE THAT CHOSE TO EAT IT!!! (telling myself this as much as you all lol)
    ENJOY THE JOURNEY and learn to ASK FOR SUPPORT from this great village.....
  • Conniekui
    Conniekui Posts: 24
    Options
    1.Connie
    2. 6 pounds in three weeks.
    3. 40
    4. Don't give up whatsoever. Have the "can do it" attitude and self motivation. Make it a learning and fun process as well as a lifestyle change. Read a success story everyday on MFP for encouragement. Think of how much healthier you will be and shopping for clothes will be great! Do exercises you enjoy so you do it often/daily. Patience with the scale:)
  • saldelmar
    saldelmar Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    1. Name: Cara
    2. How much weight you have lost so far: 22 lbs. since mid-Dec. '12
    3. How much you still want to lose, or are you maintaining? I have another 8 lbs. to go
    4. Two best pieces of advice you would give people just starting out: (1) Logging everything has been key for me so far. It motivates me to work out on days I might otherwise skip (i.e., I just ate birthday cake = extra workout time)! (2) This process is as much a mental one as a physical one for me. In a fat-phobic culture, it's not easy to love our bodies (even when we're in a healthy BMI range), so I have tried to pay attention to when I'm silently criticizing myself in the mirror. I've tried to switch the script in my head to one that is more body-positive (and since I want to instill a love of one's body in my young daughters, I know I have to begin with myself).
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    1. Username under avatar
    2. About 75lbs
    3. Haven't decided yet-15/20/30 maybe? Wherever I land really.
    4a. Take every possible before pic/measurement you can think of. I didn't, and I have a terrible time trying to "see" the difference (eg-I don't see myself as physically different than I was 75lbs ago). Nobody wants to take those pics or record those measurements, but do it anyway.
    4b. Don't set goals based on scale numbers or dates or anything else. Set goals based on things you can control-eg what you eat, when & how much you exercise. If you meet those goals, the weight will come off if/when/how it wants. You can't will your belly away by eating nothing but celery. You can eat better & exercise consistently over a long period of time and see your body change-when and how it wants. So set goals based on things you can control and the results will happen.
    4c. Realize there is no "end", there is no "done". Before you start doing whackadoodle stuff like using Sensa for bath crystals, realize you have to keep doing whatever it is for life. So plan accordingly. If you think it's reasonable to never eat another carb for as long as you live, have at it. Otherwise, just be a reasonable person and eat better (foods you like) and exercise (in a way you like enough to keep doing it) and you'll be fine.
  • Init2winIt79
    Options
    Thanks for this thread, it is motivational to hear everyone's progress and their advice/tips
    1. You can call me Kay
    2. I have lost 33 lbs from my highest wait, and approx. 14lbs since I joine MFP
    3. I need to lose 22-27 more lbs to be at my goal weight which is inbetween 120-115lbs (I'm 5'2)
    4. My best tip is to not give up, you haven't failed until you give up on yourself. I have been athletic my entire life, yet after the weight gain I have yo yo'd without reaching my goal weight, but even though watching the scale creep back up can send you spiraling just keep in mind how good it feels when you start losing again, that feeling of accomplishment when you feel the energy in your body after a run, or the smile that sneaks onto your face when you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and see good changes! Remember that amazingly good, healthy feeling and that you are only one decision away from feeling it again, it is always up to you to choose.
  • mommycordillia
    Options
    1) My name is Brandi, my friends call me Brandi.
    2) I've lost 23 pounds
    3) I still wanna lose at least 30, but will happily lose more!
    4) The advise I give anyone starting out is that the first two weeks are the hardest, moderation is key, and that cheat days are a must!!!
  • chamorita79
    chamorita79 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    1. Rhonda
    2. 31 lbs lost
    3. I would love to be 130 lbs so i have 47 lbs to go
    4. Make this a lifestyle change and know that this is something you want for the rest of your life. Stick with it!
  • Lauralei36
    Lauralei36 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    1 Laura
    2 10lb
    3 another 30lb
    4 change must be sustainable. An all or nothing mindset will likely see you fail to get back on the wagon when you inevitably fall off it.
  • Bigjayinga
    Bigjayinga Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Im jay, congrats on your lifestyle changes.

1) I have loss 165
    2) I'm maintaining
    3) count all your calories in and out.
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for posting! Bump for the Sunday evening crowd!
  • frenzytime517
    frenzytime517 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    1. Jennifer
    2. 35.2 lbs down
    3. 38.8 lbs to go
    4. Visualize your end goal and work towards that. Never give up!
  • AmiciaCole
    Options
    1. (internet alias) Amicia
    2. 28 pounds down
    3. 38 pounds, at least...
    4. Don't make excuses; just go out and do it.
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1. Patrice
    2. 85lbs down in 6 months started 8/20/12
    3. Not sure anymore; maybe 30lbs, my goal size was a 12 I have reached that goal weight was 180lbs but it maybe to small I'll have to see. I'm maintaining, started doing heavy lifting getting toned.

My advice would be do what works for you, study, try a couple of plans u may have to mix them to get the right balance for yourself
    Everyone has an opinion & everyone is a critic when it comes to weight loss. I am a successful low carb chic, I love it I have a flat stomach and small waist because of it, but it's not for everyone but for my hourglass body shape lean meats & veggies work great and I have a cheat day biweekly on a.Sunday to get right back on track Monday sometimes it's a weekend if I reached a plateau to kick the plan back into gear. Do you! Oh drink lots of water; I drink about a gallon a day.
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    1. Ronda

2. I've lost 16 pounds this time, but in the past I lost 211 pounds in 12 months :smooched:

3. I want to lose maybe 20 to 30 more pounds, I put weight on with a medical issue that I'm working on.

4. Don't be so hard on yourself, love yourself and forgive yourself. If you have a crappy meal, day or week, just get back to it and remember that you're phenominal,and that has nothing to do with how much you weigh. We're all beautiful up in here..... :bigsmile:
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    1. Danielle
    2.before mfp=50lbs now on mfp= 8.5 lbs
    3. 31lbs more to go!
    4. do what works for you! keep going no matter how many/big mistakes you may make!
  • courtneyparsons
    Options
    I'll play

1)Kathy
    2)None (this is a real issue as its not from lack of exercise, or lack of eating calories, or eating properly - my dietician, trainer, pcm and I are researching this)
    3) 100ish lbs
    4) Get the word DIET out of your vocabulary.... it is a lifestyle, if you can't reasonably maintain it for the next 50 years then dont start it. The choices are yours alone, nothing made you do it, accept it, fix it, move on.

I love that! "If you can't maintain it for the next 50 years, don't start it" I'm adding that one to my list of quotes.
  • courtneyparsons
    Options
    1. Courtney
    2. I have lost 26 pounds since January 2011
    3. I would like to lose 24 more for a total of 50 pounds

4. Lose weight in the kitchen, get fit in the gym. You need to change your lifestyle habits to make the real change, and that happens at home first. Nutrition is the boat, but fitness are the paddles and although you may be happy with the boat, you need the paddles to move forward.

12314890.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    1. Name -- Priyanka
    2. I have lost 8 pounds since February 9, 2013.
    3. I would like to lose another 26 or so pounds.

4. My best advice is to plan your meals right at the start of the day and just in general to log what you eat before you eat it - that way you can see exactly what will be going into your mouth and body and you can still decide to change it! I plan what I'm going to eat for the day every single day and it's really helped me stay on track - I don't always stick to it 100% but I have a pretty good guideline!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!