Why are men intimidated by Succecssful Women ?

Options

Replies

• jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Who are these men you speak? I love, respect, and admire "strong women". My mother is one and I'm try my best tp raise one.

So again who are these men?

me, except the "Succecssful" OP can't spell. :laugh:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    women are not succesful so it does not matter.

haha why do you say that?

In an effort to bring light and fullfillment to the thread.

aha, please continue then :wink:

by the way I'm successful :smile:

At what?

I run and own my own business! Im a mum to 4 kids.

Thats part of my success

Is it a quilting business or perhaps a home cleaning maid service?

Do you need a maid Sir? :devil:

No I'm a hired assassin!!
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    women are not succesful so it does not matter.

haha why do you say that?

In an effort to bring light and fullfillment to the thread.

aha, please continue then :wink:

by the way I'm successful :smile:

At what?

I run and own my own business! Im a mum to 4 kids.

Thats part of my success

Is it a quilting business or perhaps a home cleaning maid service?

Do you need a maid Sir? :devil:

No I'm a hired assassin!!

Likely because you were not succesful at cooking, you should ask other ladies you know to teach you.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    We aren't, this idea comes about as a result of people trying to justify their own character flaws.
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I've never had a guy say he was intimidated. Or if he was, he never raised it with me. I think maybe my tattoos are more intimidating, but again no one's ever claimed they were. Maybe they were scared to. But probably not.
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Likely because you were not successful at cooking, you should ask other ladies you know to teach you.

you know you could be right or wrong there :laugh:
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My experience has been that women are more initimidated by/ jealous of other women's success. Also secaure and confident people (men or women rarely ever feel threatened.
  • Ribba
    Ribba Posts: 31
    Options
    Sometimes I am intimidated (that's no the right word for it) by people and I find it's 50/50 men and women. They usually are better than me at something that I do that's centric to my identity.

I'm a software developer and whenever I meet another software developer that I know is so much better at it than I am I can't help but feel down about it. Woman or man, it doesn't matter.
    ^^ ditto
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Not a single English course teaching sentence structure, proper punctuation, and when to use title-case was needed to assume success in this thread's creation.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware that they were.
  • jmparis65
    jmparis65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Show me a man intimated by a successful, smart woman and I'll show you a man insecure in himself.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Not a single English course teaching sentence structure, proper punctuation, and when to use title-case was needed to assume success in this thread's creation.

Apparently the OP's success is not dependent on her written communication skills.
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    This is why I have cut back on posting. It does not matter what you say-there are many who feel the need to personally attack you even if it is baseless. Men who measure their self worth based on income will be intimidated if you make more.
    Why do people ask questions that stereotype the attitudes and behaviors of an entire group because of a few experiences they've had?

Stereo Typing was not the Plan !

I am 33, my experiences have been more than A FEW.

Just looking for feed back. If you don`t have any useful feed back, its OKAY not to respond. Thanks.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I am Unsuccessful. Men Adore the Hell out Of me.
  • six1908
    six1908 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am the opposite I suppose. I want a girl that is successful. I have 2 degrees and am going back for more. I plan on being a Psychiatrist within the next 8 years or so... so I would like a woman that takes pride in education as well as her job because I'm not looking to just support someone who doesn't want to do anything with their life.... just sayin.
  • 2012ALM
    2012ALM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but it's a pain in the butt, the last guy I dated told me I was too independent, what do they want? Someone who can't take care of themselves?
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Go to work, make boatloads of cash, come home and I'll rub your feet while you shower me with 100 dollar bills ,polish my 7 Harleys(one for each day of the week) have cocktails by the beach, sleep in till 8, have the butler make me breakfast. Yeah you go right ahead and mAKE THAT MONEY HONEY, IM NOT INTIMIDATED AT ALL
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I wish you had put "most" in the title like you did in the preamble.
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I just Intimidate lol