Why are men intimidated by Succecssful Women ?

Options

Replies

• crawford4398
    crawford4398 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Sadly money doesn't buy personality. The Trump clan, the Hilton clan and now this chick.
    I have money, why don't you like me!?!?!?!

Seriously... Bahahaha Loving All these Haters it proves my point.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I want to know what career I can have that allows me to have such poor grammar, yet can bring such success. For realz.
    Internet troll

Um have you SEEN your avatar lately????? :tongue:
    I tried to show my good side. Don't hate just 'cause I'm beautiful.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I think it's an attractive quality, not an intimidating one.
  • RainHoward
    Options
    Sadly money doesn't buy personality. The Trump clan, the Hilton clan and now this chick.

and comments like this prove mine. but you don't get it and probably never will.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Why do Strong, Successful, Talented, Women intimidate Most Men.

Just an Observation i had found to be so true in my own life.

Why is this ??? Any thoughts???

It's your use of title case in the question. Random use of capitals intimidates people for sure.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options

Common denominator, dear. Common denominator.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I once walked up to a women and said

"Hey. I'm better than you. I am doing my PhD and I'm better than you. I am a Researcher and I am better than you. I speak 9 languages and I am better than you. I can afford throwing away $2,000 on strippers who are far better looking than you and I am better than you. I drive a Lexus and I am better than you. Here, I'm gonna buy you a drink, cause I'm better than you."

She was so intimidated that she just threw her drink. Point proven that I was better than her and she was intimidated by my success! I just threw some money at her after it. Cause I'm better than her!
  • confab151
    confab151 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people need to feel a sense of one-up-manship to be secure, so they choose a partner who is weaker than they are, or less attractive, or less successful. It takes a fairly secure & generous person to be able to handle the success and strength of another. In some cases a less successful or weaker man will be attracted to the strength of a woman. Takes all kinds. Many possible reasons. The strong women sometimes seek weaker men also.

tHIS^^^
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options

"Hey. I'm better than you. I am doing my PhD and I'm better than you. I am a Researcher and I am better than you. I speak 9 languages and I am better than you. I can afford throwing away $2,000 on strippers who are far better looking than you and I am better than you. I drive a Lexus and I am better than you. Here, I'm gonna buy you a drink, cause I'm better than you."

She was so intimidated that she just threw her drink. Point proven that I was better than her and she was intimidated by my success!

was she a stripper cause that makes all the difference
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

She was so intimidated that she just threw her drink. Point proven that I was better than her and she was intimidated by my success!

It's true, I was totally intimidated. Green men are thoroughly intimidating.
  • RainHoward
    Options

She was so intimidated that she just threw her drink. Point proven that I was better than her and she was intimidated by my success! I just threw some money at her after it. Cause I'm better than her!

damit man, you made water come out my nose.
  • taunto
    Options

was she a stripper cause that makes all the difference

Not this particular one.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

this reminds me of a song? is it the milkshake song? that's right, it's better than yours. I could teach you how to get a successful man who won't be intimidated by you OP, but I'd have to charge.
  • crawford4398
    Options
    I'm guessing you probably flaunt your success which is a turn-off.

Not at all. It may seem that way for some reason i am defending these tacky comments, but i work to enjoy my self, buy what i like, wear what i like.

And give what i like. The End!!

These comments are coming from folks that don`t know me, not even the men that i was in question about, so you can most likely see why this is an issue.

People are envious and make Crude comments, and judgements based on their opinion. Not knowledge of the actual situation.

Envious of what? Your success? I don't even know what your gauge of success is. 100k a year, 200k a year? I'm not one of those men intimidated by success. I prefer a financially successful woman. And just because you have it doesn't mean you can afford it. From my perspective you're either dating the wrong kind of men or your ego is driving them away.

This is not what the purpose of this thread, people will always be envious of someone or something, i am not saying me, but i am certainly not flaunting anything. And yes success will make some people envious, i have seen that many times.

I have dated the wrong type of men in the past, which hasn`t helped the problem. But my ego isn`t the issue.
  • taunto
    Options

avengers-gif-let-me-love-you.gif?w=400
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

avengers-gif-let-me-love-you.gif?w=400

OMG that just gave me flashbacks of about 3 past relationships and dating encounters. Men can't live with 'em. Can't out run 'em.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

I ♥ you, Taunto!
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options

this reminds me of a song? is it the milkshake song? that's right, it's better than yours. I could teach you how to get a successful man who won't be intimidated by you OP, but I'd have to charge.

LMAO!!! I know SOMEONE'S ringtone
  • crawford4398
    Options

and comments like this prove mine. but you don't get it and probably never will.

Yeah it get , But i still think your current profile picture is better than your Actual Face. I have a sense of humor.
  • RainHoward
    Options
    I <3 this thread. Haven't had a good chuckle in a while.