Is it wrong for me to go out with someone younger?

Options
burning2much
burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
I'm 48, in very good shape and I find it hard to go out with women my own age. I want to be with someone who is like me, they need to have energy, athletic and in shape. I know this sounds bad, but I keep on dropping the age limit to find someone compatible, I've dropped it down to 30 now (that is as low as I will go). So, should I feel bad about this?

Replies

• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    No its not wrong unless she is under 18.. I say go with what suits your heart. Older ladies tend too be more mature tho, I find that I like guys that are 5-7 years younger than me.
  • LeanQuest
    LeanQuest Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm 48, in very good shape and I find it hard to go out with women my own age. I want to be with someone who is like me, they need to have energy, athletic and in shape. I know this sounds bad, but I keep on dropping the age limit to find someone compatible, I've dropped it down to 30 now (that is as low as I will go). So, should I feel bad about this?

As long as you have things in common I can't see the problem.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I'm in a relationship, so this is kind of off topic, but....I just creeped your profile and the pictures of you.....you're 48? GOOD GOD DAMN MAN WHAT IS YOUR SECRET?

You will have NO problem attracting a woman. Meow. (I am 32. I do not think that 30 is unreasonable.)
  • burning2much
    Options
    High metabolic rate, I need 3000 calories just to keep my weight...it's not fun
  • EvilDollee
    EvilDollee Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    30 and 48 isn't bad, the gap closes as people get older. My fiance is 41. O_o
  • Cp731
    Options
    I'm in a relationship, so this is kind of off topic, but....I just creeped your profile and the pictures of you.....you're 48? GOOD GOD DAMN MAN WHAT IS YOUR SECRET?

You will have NO problem attracting a woman. Meow. (I am 32. I do not think that 30 is unreasonable.)

He prolly uses oil of olay too great skin
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    You seem too old for me.
  • burning2much
    Options
    Dove for men :wink:
  • burning2much
    Options
    @sleepy, never know
  • Cp731
    Options
    Too old for me too...wait Im 61 your too young for me
  • burning2much
    Options
    From your profile pic, you look amazing!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Nope, you should date someone you like and have things in common with regardless of age.

Are you accepting applications to date you via PM? :wink:
  • burning2much
    Options
    I don't even know what that means...
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I sure hope no one thinks it's wrong, I date pretty much nothing but older guys myself :laugh:
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    The rule is half your age plus 7.

edited because I can't read...

do what makes you happy.
    rules are more like guidelines anyway
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Do what you want. But keep in mind no matter the age there will still be difficulties, perhaps you should do a self-check to see what you are doing right or wrong.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Assuming that you have social skills in addition to being fit (your opening line here calls that into question), you shouldn't put any arbitrary age limit on it, in my view.
  • lila1980
    lila1980 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 32, hubby is 47. It happens, and it works! The only time we really notice the difference is when we talk popular culture. Anything pre-1980, and I give him a blank stare... lol
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Only if it's wrong for me to date someone older...
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Younger guys
    Age is just a number