Is it wrong for me to go out with someone younger?

Options

Replies

• chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number. Numbers are for math. Math is for mathematitians.

I don't see any mathematitians in this thread. So you're good.
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I actually found the same thing, but in reverse. I tended to go out with guys who were in their late twenties, early thirties because despite the fact they may have been a bit immature, mostly they were fun, active, energetic and were happy to lead active lives.

Then I met my SO and he's only just over a year younger than me and had all the above attributes, PLUS was mature when he needed to be.

So I say do what makes YOU happy! If it's a younger girl, then that's what it is.
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Holy hell! You're 48? Wow

Shouldn't be an issue dating someone younger.
  • freshvl
    freshvl Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    i've dated younger and older, variety is the spice of life
  • zen82
    zen82 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 48, in very good shape and I find it hard to go out with women my own age. I want to be with someone who is like me, they need to have energy, athletic and in shape. I know this sounds bad, but I keep on dropping the age limit to find someone compatible, I've dropped it down to 30 now (that is as low as I will go). So, should I feel bad about this?

It's not wrong so long as it isn't obscene/illegal... But don't discount the idea someone your own age could exist with the same energy levels as you! And no offence, but I'm 30 and I'd get loads of messages saying similar when I was doing Internet dating, and used to think it was a bit odd. So maybe you need to worry less about the age thing full stop, and just look for a match - whatever their age! I would never ever reply to any bloke that put his upper age limit below his own. I can understand widening your "range" but to assume women "go off" after a certain age is kind of sexist. And you might end up missing out on a wonderful 48 year old hottie if you only go for women in their 30s!
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Oh and BTW,

Way to rep the 406!

I'm from Billings myself :)
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    I'm 32, almost 33, and madly in love with my bf.... He's 41. Age is just a number...
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I'm 48, in very good shape and I find it hard to go out with women my own age. I want to be with someone who is like me, they need to have energy, athletic and in shape. I know this sounds bad, but I keep on dropping the age limit to find someone compatible, I've dropped it down to 30 now (that is as low as I will go). So, should I feel bad about this?

What is wrong with finding someone your own age? Or a little younger???

I am now 53 my hubby is 41 we met on the internet. 12 years ago and celebrated our 11 year wedding anniversary last week. At the time he was a body builder (aka steroids) but he got past that and now competes in triathlons/double iron men etc..I am just a `normal woman` I try hard to keep in shape.....but is not more about meeting of minds and compatibility along with caring and love? Sometimes you have to look for more than age and body...go for more ...if you look for more you will find it x

Maybe you are a little bit shallow?
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    It's wrong for you to assume a 48 year old woman can't have energy, athleticism and be in shape like you.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    No. It is not wrong. Be happy.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    of course not! my women dont make it to my age so I do it all the time...
  • Sorashi
    Sorashi Posts: 41
    Options
    It depends on the person. I wouldn't date a 40ish who is into totally different things than me and looked like my grandad. But last year I had a professor who was 45 and I was like "holy crapppp whatttt" when I knew his age. He was so hot I wouldn't have tell he was older than 32 and of course I would have dated him.
    So answering more precisely to your question, looking like that I wouldn't worry.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Your assumption is invalid- and there are so many absolutely incredible women here to prove it (several on my friends list alone!)

But of course it's not wrong!

Oh ETA some of the women I dance with are about 60 and nonstop and smoking hot! It's unbelievable.:heart:
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I'm in a relationship, so this is kind of off topic, but....I just creeped your profile and the pictures of you.....you're 48? GOOD GOD DAMN MAN WHAT IS YOUR SECRET?

You will have NO problem attracting a woman. Meow. (I am 32. I do not think that 30 is unreasonable.)

^ THIS! haha... i agree.
    I'm 38, my boyfriend of six years is 29. Really no big deal.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    First, it's kind of absurd that you think a woman your age cannot be your physical equal.

Second, I'm 26 and I wouldn't rule out dating someone your age, and I don't care whether someone thinks it's wrong.
  • AncientLullaby_
    Options
    ouch its kinda wrong for you to generalize all 48 years old women not to have the energy, athleticism &&be in shape like you.... pretty sure there are women who are way in better shape than you :tongue:

BUT... no there is nothing wrong with that .... as long as your personalities match I guess thats all that matters
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think it's wrong.

My wife is 8 years younger than myself and we work together quite well.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    It's wrong for you to assume a 48 year old woman can't have energy, athleticism and be in shape like you.

^^^^ this would be more like what I would be looking for.....
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I think it's ok to date whichever consenting adult you choose. My friend has an 18 year gap between him and his girlfriend. The problem there is that he has children in college. She is 4 years older than his son. And she wants children and to get married. In the past, he never wanted anymore kids and definitely didn't want to get married. He's since adjusted himself to accommodate this for her, which I think will later on be an issue for him. But I could be wrong.

So I bring that up to say that you should think about what women in these age groups want in relationships. Be honest if you don't want children. It's a deal-breaker for a lot of people, and childless women in their 30s who still want to have children don't want to spend years in a relationship that won't end up with that. Just something to consider.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options

Please do not be so apologetic that you're considering the young 30s, beginning at age 30 and for the sake of the better situated and mature 20s - I ask that you allow them a wee portal. You might be surprised.

I must say that I am surprised it's that difficult for you to find physically compatible women around your age around Montana. Good to know it's just as challenging around there, as it stands for parts of the world where either both or one of the 2 are encountering problems with incompatibility.

Agree with the majority who'd replied in favour of your decision. It's about you, what you need and what'll best fit how you are.