What the WHAT?!

Options
124»

Replies

• hamton
    hamton Posts: 245
    Options
    Man, good stuff here. I keep seeing people say sugar from milk and fruits can be ignored because it is good sugar. This was really confusing to me because I'm trying to drop my body fat to a low level. Thanks to Matty now I know sugar is sugar. Looks like I have to cut all sugar to get to very low body fat. I guess no more fruits for me.

I do have one question though.
    Does this mean I can't have have any sugar after my workout either? I would think my muscles would need that 4:1 carb:protein ratio to recover.
  • koriebrownie
    koriebrownie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have never ever looked at anything but the calories on this website. I go by calories only and I've lost 29 pounds. Guess we're all different.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Man, good stuff here. I keep seeing people say sugar from milk and fruits can be ignored because it is good sugar. This was really confusing to me because I'm trying to drop my body fat to a low level. Thanks to Matty now I know sugar is sugar. Looks like I have to cut all sugar to get to very low body fat. I guess no more fruits for me.

I do have one question though.
    Does this mean I can't have have any sugar after my workout either? I would think my muscles would need that 4:1 carb:protein ratio to recover.

Post workout is the one point in the day where I do consume a higher level of sugar through yogurt / fruit - whole food sources. It's beneficial for glycogen restoration.
  • hamton
    hamton Posts: 245
    Options
    Post workout is the one point in the day where I do consume a higher level of sugar through yogurt / fruit - whole food sources. It's beneficial for glycogen restoration.

Recovery drink has worked well for me before, but right now I'm more concerned of burning the body fat. I'm down to 11% body fat from 24%. Going down further has been really tough. I'm thinking if I have less glycogen in my muscles, it will force the body to use the body fat. I know I'm pushing the body into uncomfortable territory, but that's what you have to do to get body to release the last few emergency energy storage. That's why I'm looking for ways to really cut sugar. Anybody know if I am on the right track?
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options

Recovery drink has worked well for me before, but right now I'm more concerned of burning the body fat. I'm down to 11% body fat from 24%. Going down further has been really tough. I'm thinking if I have less glycogen in my muscles, it will force the body to use the body fat. I know I'm pushing the body into uncomfortable territory, but that's what you have to do to get body to release the last few emergency energy storage. That's why I'm looking for ways to really cut sugar. Anybody know if I am on the right track?

11% Yeah...... I don't have a lot of good recommendations outside of consuming a high protein recovery, but I'd check out the forums over at Lyle McDonald's site or possibly T-Muscle for better recommendations than anyone will give here...