People minimizing our success

Options
12346»

Replies

• Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I would feel like a pity case accepting praise for becoming normal.

I want praise for becoming awesome. Until then you can keep your comments.

I never been to jail, aint got no illegitimate chirren and never kilt nobody.

GIVE ME PRAISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

oh wait, you dont get praise for behaving like a normal adult.

should be in the constitution by now.

bring back natural selection already.
  • JMR412
    JMR412 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Her reply speaks volumes about HER. She doesn't want to *have to* work out an hour every day. She wants some 'magic secret' so she doesn't have to do anything. We all know that doesn't work. So, in order to make HERSELF feel better about her lack of motivation - she makes a snide comment about you.

Keep it up, you're doing great! Let the negative people, and the negative comments, fall away. They mean nothing.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    You should have said that you are working on a new diet pill and getting great results but you can't share since you are seeking a patent. I love messing with people!!

YES!!! And then you are planning to sell your patent to Dr. Oz so he can pimp out your secret miracle weight loss plan on daytime TV. And retire to Tahiti.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    "Oh....anyone can lose weight if they work out that much, I thought you had some great secret".

You do....it's called a lifestyle change!!! Kudo's to you for all you do and the "good" choices you are making. Working out that much is NOT easy...especially with your busy life!!
  • ccg36
    ccg36 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just like messing with people and tell that no, i haven't lost any weight, in fact i think i put on a few pounds...........

Most people don't understand that there is no quick and easy fix for weight loss, and keeping it off. It takes a lot of motivation to workout all week and eat right.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I tell people all sorts of things, like 9 meals a day, dont eat after 2pm, eat a steak before every meal, it's amazing how many people try them for a while and go.....wait....
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    What a mean and stupid person that was. You DO have a great secret, it's called, "working hard". Congrats btw.

I have just learned to never talk about my weight experiences, or eating and/or exercise plans with anyone. They always either say something negative or want debate about it.

It sort of reminds me once when I lost 30 lbs in one year. I was going outside every lunch break and walking. Some of my co-workers went to my boss and complained saying, "it was no fair that I got to exercise and they didn't and I am losing weight bc of it."

I found this the oddest thing, my boss even called me in the office over it (which is how I found out I had been 'told' on). She aid my co-workers were upset that I had a break to go out and exercise and they were busy working and couldn't. I said, "hey, it is MY lunch break and if I chose to spend it walking vs sitting at a break room table and eating slumped over paperwork then it is my choice and my right. If they want to walk on their lunch break too then they can." My boss just looked at me like, "yeah, that's true". NOthing else was said, I kept on walking on my lunch break and none of them ever joined me at it.

No one wants to work for it, but everyone wants to complain about it and then they want to criticize those who do it.
  • cmego4it
    cmego4it Posts: 14
    Options
    Amazing - to have 2 little kids, work from home and get in exercise 5-6 times per week?! I wish I had those organizational skills. I actually find it easier to get in exercise at work because I don't have my little ones to deal with. Weekends tend to be a bit difficult because every time I start exercising I am constantly being interrupted. How do you keep the little ones busy so they don't interrupt you, that's the real "secret" I'm interested in : ) Keep doing what you're doing for you and stay positive, you never know who you will inspire
  • dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    How do you keep the little ones busy so they don't interrupt you, that's the real "secret" I'm interested in : )

The gym I go to offers day care during pretty much all their class hours. You didn't say how old your kids were though, or if they would be okay with being left with strangers like that, so I'm not sure how good a solution that is for you... I've seen women come in looking like their only reason for coming was to get a break from their kids. Then they go sit in the hot tub or sauna for an hour. ;)
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    People are just dumbasses. End of story.
  • Tamilakiller
    Options
    LOL at your coworker! I translate it as "Oh you actually put effort, discipline, and worked hard into losing weight? Oh no thank you... I am still waiting for the fat fairy to come magic blink it off me."

Forget her and keep on keeping on!
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    That's not someone minimizing your work. That is someone who doesn't have a 7th grade level of biology or physiology. Laugh at them and move on.
  • chrissi024
    chrissi024 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You just gotta ignore them. I had one coworker call me "lucky" because my pants werent fitting anymore.
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    It's amazing to me that people are so disappointed in finding out that someone's success was due to hard work and dedication. Obviously she's jealous that you've DONE IT!! Sucks for her. Good for you!! Keep up the good work! :)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    "Oh....anyone can lose weight if they work out that much, I thought you had some great secret".

When I read that it translated into this in my brain ... "well *kitten*, I don't want to actually work at losing weight. Unless you are taking some stupid-*kitten* supliment that actually tastes like cookie dough or found some new-fangled machine that you only have to sit on for 10 minutes while watching television I don't want to hear it because your success reminds me that I'm lazy"

I think that pretty much nails it.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    LOL at your coworker! I translate it as "Oh you actually put effort, discipline, and worked hard into losing weight? Oh no thank you... I am still waiting for the fat fairy to come magic blink it off me."

Forget her and keep on keeping on!

Ha, exactly! Honestly, I wouldn't put stock in either insult or flattery from someone capable of that kind of logic. And, who then takes the extra step of saying it out loud...
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel about the devaluing part. My friend and I (both girls) have been getting into weight lifting at a local gym and are doing the Strong Lifts program. We've made great progress in strength, but it seems to have sparked jealousy from one man. He's been crapping on us throughout our program. Luckily we rarely are at the gym the same time he is, but he still writes crappy comments under our Facebook workout vids or photos.

He can't do the lifts we do so I think that makes him feel insecure as a man & feel the need to put us down or devalue our work so he can reassure himself that he's better than us. He criticizes us for not having perfect form (According to the form he thinks is right, which is Crossfit). He doesn't actually offer advice or constructive criticism, he just says things like "That's not a squat!", "lol You're gonna hurt yourself" or "The only reason you did more push-ups than me in 30 seconds is because you didn't do it in perfect form like I did." He seems to think it's a competition & uses "form" to devalue everyone else or make an excuse for why he struggles more than us.

It's not nice for us. All he does is make us angry.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel about the devaluing part. My friend and I (both girls) have been getting into weight lifting at a local gym and are doing the Strong Lifts program. We've made great progress in strength, but it seems to have sparked jealousy from one man. He's been crapping on us throughout our program. Luckily we rarely are at the gym the same time he is, but he still writes crappy comments under our Facebook workout vids or photos.

He can't do the lifts we do so I think that makes him feel insecure as a man & feel the need to put us down or devalue our work so he can reassure himself that he's better than us. He criticizes us for not having perfect form (According to the form he thinks is right, which is Crossfit). He doesn't actually offer advice or constructive criticism, he just says things like "That's not a squat!", "lol You're gonna hurt yourself" or "The only reason you did more push-ups than me in 30 seconds is because you didn't do it in perfect form like I did." He seems to think it's a competition & uses "form" to devalue everyone else or make an excuse for why he struggles more than us.

It's not nice for us. All he does is make us angry.

... Why is this guy able to post on your Facebook?
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    ... Why is this guy able to post on your Facebook?

He's the owner of the gym -___- And I used to work there so he added me, and at the time I didn't know he was a jerk. He seemed nice in the beginning but now... Eh. 2 weeks ago he commented on a vid I posted of my friend's boyfriend doing squats & my friend finally told him off (And got banned for it). I intervened trying to break up the fight by telling him his criticisms (Even if well-intentioned) come off as negative & unconstructive, and that he should give actual advice.

He seemed to get my point & surprisingly apologized to me. He said he would not comment on form again. Technically I was not the person he offended that day but I guess my explanation of how he makes us feel (Or how he could give positive criticism) finally got through to him. So far there hasn't been any more comments on the vids I've been posting. I guess I let him stay on Facebook because a part of me considered that maybe he just has poor people skills and doesn't get that we don't like negative help or competing.