What is "support" to you?

Options

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Most of the "rude" people here have been my friends for a long time and have been the most amazing support network I could ask for. If that's "rudeness," then bring it on.

Also, I've noticed that most of the people complaining ABOUT rudeness haven't been nearly as successful by their tickers as the "rude big meanies" generally speaking. I think that says a lot.

I'ma keep right on being rude to you because I loooove you!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Support for me involves groping hugs and regular trips to the living room floor.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    A jock strap.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    As someone who is fluent in sarcasm, I fully support this thread. If you can't laugh GTFO :drinker:

now pi$$ off...I'm pretending to be very busy at work
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I love my MFP peeps (both on and off my FL). They make me laugh, cry, and everything in between.... they help me waste my day... they also encourage and inspire me to keep on working towards not just losing weight but being physically stronger and healthy.... and it's not by constantly telling me "you go girl" for doing something I should be doing... but by me merely observing (which sounds creepier than it actually is) what they are doing.... right now, a lovely lady on my FL has started crossfit and is posting about her experiences... and all I can think about is: Dang! I hope I get there in there near future. And I can't wait to do so. I don't need people to hold my hand.... I want people that will challenge me in this chapter of my life... mentally and physically... and make me laugh along the way... I already know what I need to do.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    KK i like you again, Im sorry I bit you earlier :-/
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Options
    PS - support for me is this

Immediately and bluntly call me out on my bull poop.

Tell me I can do one more when I think I cant. I usually made myself do the last one even though I didnt think I could. If you can get one more out of me, I pretty much think you used magic.

I dont have parents or any kind of adult support system at all and Im completely reliant on myself as a guide. So - sometimes I break down on my page when I cant take the pain or the feeling of being unlovable. I cant do that on facebook because my boss is there. I trust my friendslist to let me be a sniffling sobbing mess on occasion. I dont mind if they do it either.

If Im doing something dangerous because I didnt take the time to think about it, YELL AT ME. I will get mad at you right back and then 30 minutes later I'll be like OH SHT I WAS SO WRONG. Then I'll apologise :(

Point me in the direction to teach myself. Point me in the direction of a wealth of knowledge and I will dive in. Give me unwanted advice and bombard me with info all the time.

I'll balk. I will. Doesnt mean it isnt what I need.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My idea of support is having someone to share a DQ Treat with.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    Just like the spelling of the word cliche vs. clique - it's a personal preference.

?

Those are two different words, are they not?
    yes lol
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

Wanna share an entire ice cream cake? i only want the crunchy middle part...you can have the messy ice cream crap.
  • jamiesueaustin
    Options
    Just like the spelling of the word cliche vs. clique - it's a personal preference.

I was with you until this. That's like saying that using "band" or "bank" is a matter of personal preference. They don't mean remotely the same thing. They are not interchangeable.

I have nothing to add to this conversation. I just saw a T.A.R.D.I.S. on someone's ticker and went all happy inside. :)
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Would bang

^^^ See?????

Somebody *does* love you!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

I was with you until this. That's like saying that using "band" or "bank" is a matter of personal preference. They don't mean remotely the same thing. They are not interchangeable.

Why aren't being supportive? Don't you know that "support" means agreeing with everything the OP states!?!?!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Support to me, is Maidenform. Love those bras!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Support for me involves groping hugs and regular trips to the living room floor.

LOL...Oorah!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Wanna share an entire ice cream cake? i only want the crunchy middle part...you can have the messy ice cream crap.

That's not supportive! You get all the crunchy part? You'll never get a "would bang" from me if you keep this up!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

That's not supportive! You get all the crunchy part? You'll never get a "would bang" from me if you keep this up!

It doesn't really matter...I read every comment to me as "Would bang" no matter who it is or what they're saying.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

It doesn't really matter...I read every comment to me as "Would bang" no matter who it is or what they're saying.

I love it when my friends have psychological issues as twisted as my own. :smokin:
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Options

stealing your outlook on life
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Because this is actually in "Motivation and Support", and you seem to kinda sorta want legitimate answers, I'll actually give you one.

To me, support is acceptance of me, in all my ridiculous glory. I don't claim to be an expert at anything, and if I'm doing something harmful or stupid, I'd want to know it*. I don't require sugar coating, but I don't give, nor accept, being a hateful *kitten* just for the sake of it. Also required: laughing at my dumb jokes...acknowledging the greatness of coffee <or at least, that I'm a better person because of it>...bringing chocolate and balloon animals to my pity parties...pushing me to step up my game...understanding that the world is not a perfect place, and we are NOT all the same - and would be extraordinarily boring if this were the case.

Oh, and yes - a really good bra too!

eta: *backed up with data please. I do actually research a lot of information. I over-analyse everything, so if I'm doing something wrong, I'll be needing to know the "why" part. kthx