My boyfriend doesn't like the body I am trying to get

Options

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Tell him to get f*cked.

Why? maybe the op can go get f*cked for deliberately making herself unattractive to her boyfriend ...

If he decides he isn't attracted to her new body, I would suggest she find someone else and follow your advice :wink:

So cheating is the right answer? I just hope that if body shape is a real deal breaker for him, he'll man up and break up with her with no bs and no games.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    He'll either get on board or he won't. Nothing you can do about it.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this about my baby, but he is a chunky guy and I secretly think that part of it is that he may be intimidated by the body I want to have.

Trust your instincts. I fear you are correct. Hopefully he'll stop dragging you down you with his own self estemm issues, and instead use your success as motivation to boost himself up to living a healthier lifestyle. If he's comfortable with his current body, that's one thing, but it sounds like he isn't.
  • caryn7780
    caryn7780 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was dating a guy when I started to lose weight before and as I got smaller he became less interested. We finally sat down and talked about it and the issue he had was that he also saw my self confidence rising and that made him uncomfortable. He also did not like that fact that as I started getting healthier and slimmer other guys were looking at me. The bottom line issue for us was that he did not trust me. I am not saying this is the case in your situation, but I believe that you have to be the person you are meant to be and work toward the goals that you have set for yourself. Do not stop working for what you want because of what anyone else thinks. You are strong and beautiful and either he will see that and love you for it, or there is someone else who will love you and appreciate you and the amazing woman you are.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    It's a good thing it's not his body then. Do what you do, for you. If he doesn't like it, someone else will. Sounds harsh, but I wouldn't be with someone who didn't appreciate me.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I find men don't want women to workout because:

1) They're afraid you'll lose your boobs.
    2) They see photos of professional female bodybuilders & think you're going to have huge biceps, pecs, 8-pack and ginormous thigh muscles.
    3) They're afraid you'll over do it and look too thin or boyish.

Only when the transformation starts happening will they realize that working out = smaller waist, perkier butt, toned stomach, firmer thighs & nice subtle muscle curves in the arms/legs.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I think showing someone a picture of a person while they are in the middle of lifting is going to give them a skewed view of what you what to look like - even most women body builders to not look all that ripped when they are not pumped up.
  • cynthiadmail
    cynthiadmail Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Being supportive is part of a healthy relationship specially when its about better health. You need to set the tone now on how you want to be treated. Talk to him , if hes scared then he needs to tell you that, if he just plain is being selfish, your not going to put up with it and he can go find someone who will. I hope things work out for you either way, but never let anyone man ,woman make you back down when your trying to make positive changes in your life, its your life and you only live once. There;s so many people in this world that would love to take his place just remember that. ( Never just one fish in the sea )
    Live happy and live the way you want. Good luck and thanks for sharing
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Cross that bridge when you get there.
    The body of fitness models take years of dedication and is not achievable by everyone, and is often not sustainable by the models themselves.
    Keep up the hard work and see where it takes you.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    So cheating is the right answer?

I didn't say that.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    This boyfriend may not be forever. Your body is.
    Don't settle for something that doesn't make you happy just so that he is content with what you look like.
    Also, if he finds YOU attractive, odds are he'll find you attractive no matter what.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Whilst you have to work at relationships, you also have to be true to yourself. You are also your own person and need to be who YOU want to be. If he cannot deal with it, get yourself a new boyfriend as well as a new body. If he really loved you he would want you to be happy.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are working incredibly hard for his approval of what you are doing.
    Do this for YOU - not for his approval ... and don't let his reaction affect your actions!
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    When I first started lifting, my then boyfriend said he didn't like muscley women. I told him Too bad, I like it when I have muscles and feel strong.

Then I started to get a little six pack, and he thought it was the sexiest thing he'd ever seen. We've been married for over 10 years.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    That guy is a jerk and has no clue what he's talking about.
  • glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Are you doing it for him or you?
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure he'll love it once he sees the finished product. :) Good luck! :)
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    If you have to change yourself for someone else, you're doing it for the wrong reason. Either do it for you or don't do it at all.
  • Cognito1025
    Cognito1025 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    1. You're not going to get big. Period. Unless you do some 'roids and a serious calorie surplus, etc.

2. He can get over it. If he really loves you, this should not be a problem.

For reals!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    He is your boyfriend not your husband that means you are free to leave at any time. He sounds like he is only attracted to big women so I am guessing this problem is only going to escalate the closer you get to your goal weight. Do this for yourself and if he doesn't like it show him the door. There are many other men out there who would support you 100%.