Count me in. I need to lose 17.
  • EmilyAnnWeiss
    EmilyAnnWeiss Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm working to 30+
  • alaneylane
    alaneylane Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in! About 19 pounds to go. :) Looking for active friends, feel free to add me.
  • NLKatherine
    NLKatherine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have 23 more to go to hit my goal!

Feel free to add me!
  • astrotam
    astrotam Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have 28 more pounds to hit my goal!
    Feel free to add me! :D
  • e_hayes
    e_hayes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Looking initially for 15, but 20 would be amazing. Anyone can add me if they want!
  • sheenafilip15
    Options
    Not only do I wanna lose the 20 lbs, but I wanna make huge strides for toning myself up too! Wedding in September! Add me :) Motivation starts in numbers!
  • iam_worthit
    Options
    i might be late but i am with you all the way =)
  • newbeg1ning
    newbeg1ning Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I also have more than 20 lbs to lose but please add me in. It's lonely doing this without friends :)
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Really? Pls tell me how u intend to achieve that. I need that too.
  • Mayra_121
    Mayra_121 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm moving on June 1st and would love to be able to lose 25lbs by then!! So count me in !!!! =D
  • balancedfire
    balancedfire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have about 20 lbs left for my ideal weight, but I'd be thrilled with 10 lbs. lost at this point!
  • cpreston84
    cpreston84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I would like to lose 20lbs to lose as well. It would be great to support each other.

I feel I have a massive problem with sugar, I can't kid myself any longer! I tend to binge on chocolate. So, for this reason, I am going to try and cut sugar, apart from fresh (not dried) fruit, for the next 30 days, and hopefully beyond. Is there anyone who would like to join me in this challenge? I feel it's going to be quite difficult, but really empowering!

Here are a few reasons to cut it out:

What sugar can do to our health:
    1. Sugar decreases the effectiveness of the immune system.
    2. Sugar can cause anxiety, difficulty with concentrating and moodiness in some individuals.
    3. Sugar can cause a significant increase in triglyceride levels.
    4. Sugar causes a loss of tissue elasticity and function, therefore the more sugar you eat the more elasticity and function you loose.
    5. Sugar reduces your count of high-density lipoproteins.
    6. Sugar can contribute to a chromium or copper deficiency.
    7. Sugar interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium.
    8. Sugar can cause problems with eyesight.
    9. Sugar raises the level of neurotransmitters, dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine, all of which play very important roles in the regulation of mood states and energy levels.
    10. Sugar can cause hypoglycaemia, which will leave you feeling weak, tired and shaky.
    11. Sugar contributes to obesity since it is a very concentrated, nutrient void source of calories.
    12. High intake of sugar increases your chances of developing Crohn's Disease, and ulcerative colitis.
    13. Sugar can worsen the symptoms of arthritis and osteoporosis.
    14. Sugar can cause asthma.
    15. Sugar can increase the occurrence of gallstones.
    16. Sugar can cause ischemic heart disease.
    17. Sugar can lead to varicose veins.
    18. Sugar can cause a decrease in insulin sensitivity, which is a predominant factor in metabolic syndrome X and the development of diabetes.
    19. Sugar can decrease growth hormone output, which is one of the most important hormones for muscular growth.
    20. Sugar can increase cholesterol levels and systolic blood pressure.
    21. Sugar can trigger severe migraine headaches in those who are susceptible to them.
    22. Sugar can interfere with the absorption of protein.
    23. Sugar can make our skin age by changing the structure of collagen.
    24. Sugar lowers the enzymes ability to function, thus reducing the rate of metabolic transactions in the body.
    25. Sugar can damage the pancreas.
    26. Sugar can worsen the symptoms of depression.
    27. Sugar increases the risk of gastric cancer.
    28. High sugar consumption of pregnant adolescents is associated with a twofold-increased risk for delivering a small-for-gestational-age (SGA) infant.
    29. Sugar can exacerbate symptoms of PMS.
    30. Sugar suppresses lymphocytes, which play an important role in warding off illness in the body.
  • happymom2013
    Options
    Count me in girls!!
  • mrsfurby14
    mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    i want to get in on this.. Count me in.. I want to lose 20lbs by June.. You can add me if you like.. I'm here everyday and I also want people to help me get motivated..

Let's do this girls :bigsmile:
  • EileenHJ
    EileenHJ Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes Please - Count me in!!!! :laugh:

PS: Feel free to add me as a friend, Im new to this and need support and motivation for the tough days!...
  • mama2stella
    mama2stella Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan! Count me in. Just got back to an exercise program today. Wish me luck. I am a lazy girl these days and it shows! Best of luck everyone.
  • celtic0ne
    celtic0ne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm game! I'd like to lose 20 lbs by my wedding in early September :)
  • BurnFat4Ever
    Options
    Hey,
    I need to lose 25lbs ! ;) Im in! I need some tips as well! Everyone please add me!
  • crazylucky
    crazylucky Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Add me - I'm in for 10 pounds!