Any summer vacation plans?

Options

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Germany!

Ok... I'm jealous!I am stuck stateside this year. No Germany this summer!!:sad:

Crying jag over. Where in Germany?

Hamburg. We'll be there for our 15 year anniversary. Then to Ireland to visit my father in law and his S.O. I've never been to Germany so I'm looking forward to it!

Hamburg is very nice! If there is time, take a couple three days and hit Berlin and Dresden as well.
    I've lived in Berlin, Munich and Kaiserslautern. Berlin is my favorite!

Thanks for the tip!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Two weeks on the open road! From the Central Coast of California up to Mt. Rushmore then work our way over to Chicago so we can cruise Route 66 back to Santa Monica!

Pretty much 1983's Vacation without the Family Truckster! We will stop at the Great Mall in MN, Lambeau Field and numerous Route 66 attractions an the way home.

I will try to be good but I have a feeling this will be a "cheat" vacation...

This....sounds....epic. Except I live in the same city as Lambeau Field, so I'd pass and maybe hit up Milwaukee for some awesome grub instead (take note of that if you drive through there. green bay isn't really a place to stop & eat)...on another note...Go PACK :) lol

Go Pack!
    But you do have Bay Beach with the "new Elvis" roller coaster that my daughter rode like a bajillion times.:laugh:
    I can make restaurant recommendations for Milwaukee:drinker:
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Two weeks on the open road! From the Central Coast of California up to Mt. Rushmore then work our way over to Chicago so we can cruise Route 66 back to Santa Monica!

Pretty much 1983's Vacation without the Family Truckster! We will stop at the Great Mall in MN, Lambeau Field and numerous Route 66 attractions an the way home.

This....sounds....epic. Except I live in the same city as Lambeau Field, so I'd pass and maybe hit up Milwaukee for some awesome grub instead (take note of that if you drive through there. green bay isn't really a place to stop & eat)...on another note...Go PACK :) lol

Go Pack!
    But you do have Bay Beach with the "new Elvis" roller coaster that my daughter rode like a bajillion times.:laugh:

Well I'm a 49er's fan but I like the Packers and since it's on our way we want to at least stop by and check the place out and have something to eat at Krolls West.

Any reason why we shouldn't eat there? Other than the obvious calories?
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options

Go Pack!

Well I'm a 49er's fan but I like the Packers and since it's on our way we want to at least stop by and check the place out and have something to eat at Krolls West.

Any reason why we shouldn't eat there? Other than the obvious calories?

I'm not a huge fan of Kroll's. And I'll probably be kicked out of Green Bay if anyone ever heard that come out of my mouth. It's a greasy dive restaurant...You know one of those places you go when you're hung over. It's not bad though if you're into that :laugh:

But Krolls West > Krolls East. For sure. So stick with that plan :laugh:
  • AuroraBear84
    AuroraBear84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am headed to Palau (hour and a half flight from Guam) in July for a week of diving! Will also get to snorkel in the "famous" jellyfish lake. It's going to be AMAZING!!
  • _Wonder_Woman_
    Options
    Cancun next week!!!
  • dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Leaving my husband at home with our daughter and going somewhere... dont know where but I need a break from everything!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Leaving my husband at home with our daughter and going somewhere... dont know where but I need a break from everything!

Can I come?
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options

Can I come?

Run away, run away...
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Going to Thailand and India...in 5 days!!! :heart: :heart:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Going to Thailand and India...in 5 days!!! :heart: :heart:

Wow, nice!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Only in my dreams. I have 2 courses this summer I've registered for so that sucks my summer fun out of the water. I might get a weekend in at Cap May NJ if I'm lucky. Once I graduate I do plan on taking a week long vacation somewhere.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Germany!

Ok... I'm jealous!I am stuck stateside this year. No Germany this summer!!:sad:

Crying jag over. Where in Germany?

Hamburg. We'll be there for our 15 year anniversary. Then to Ireland to visit my father in law and his S.O. I've never been to Germany so I'm looking forward to it!

I love Germany! No living relatives there anymore sad to say.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Only in my dreams. I have 2 courses this summer I've registered for so that sucks my summer fun out of the water. I might get a weekend in at Cap May NJ if I'm lucky. Once I graduate I do plan on taking a week long vacation somewhere.

I was in Cape May once.
    We were traveling between Norfolk and Atlantic City...
  • dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options

Can I come?

Sure! Im hoping Vegas...only cuz that spells trouble for me
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I probably won't be able to take much time off for a long trip, but I have 3 weekend things in mind for this summer:

1) Visiting my ex, who I'm still good friends with, in Iowa City
    2) Going to the Bristol Renaissance Faire in Wisconsin (I usually go every year if I can afford it)
    3) Taking at least one camping trip in a neighboring state.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Driving to Connecticut in August to visit my in-laws. Plan on stopping somewhere along the way to visit a "new" state. Gotta get all 50 covered. :flowerforyou:
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My best friend and I take a girls trip every year. Jamaica this year!
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Driving to Connecticut in August to visit my in-laws. Plan on stopping somewhere along the way to visit a "new" state. Gotta get all 50 covered. :flowerforyou:

That's what we are doing. There is so much to see here in America... Yeah I like Australia, England... Ireland... Philippines and Japan but I have yet to go to every state in the US. Lots of mid-states to hit and eastern sea-board.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options

That's what we are doing. There is so much to see here in America... Yeah I like Australia, England... Ireland... Philippines and Japan but I have yet to go to every state in the US. Lots of mid-states to hit and eastern sea-board.

Internet makes it so much fun to plan a visit to each and every state. We went to Iowa (I'm from ND/lived in SD so lots of Iowa jokes) and had the best time. Lots of fun hidden places. I also found an "out of the way" watering hole in Virginia that had a big boulder that a waterfall had created a water slide. FREE fun -- enjoy the US. Find the nooks and crannies!! L O V E I T!!!