Your favorite simple chicken recipe ....

Options

Replies

• vwkauffman
    vwkauffman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My husband enjoys "buffalo chicken dip".

4 chicken breasts
    1 block of cream cheese (fat free if you like)
    1/2 small bottle of ranch dressing
    Hot pepper sauce (I like to use Frank's)
    1 cup cheddar cheese

Roast or boil chicken until cooked through. Shred, either by hand between 2 forks or in a food processor. Add hot pepper sauce to shredded chicken in a bowl; I usually add enough to make the chicken a bright orange and that is spicy.

Melt together the cream cheese and the ranch, stirring constantly to ensure it doesn't burn. Once smooth, fold into the chicken. Pour into a greased baking pan. Top with the cheddar. Bake at 350 until the cheese is melted and the dip is bubbly. Serve hot with tortillas, pita, vegetable sticks, or just eat with a fork!
  • mickeymouse38
    mickeymouse38 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the tasty ideas
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Haven't looked through the thread but this is a new one to me and v easy but only if you already have the muffin tins. They work for anything from lunch boxes to canapés.

Thai chicken muffins

500g chicken mince
    1/2 270ml tin coconut milk - I make a double batch and use the whole tin
    100ml oyster sauce - bit more if you like it saltier
    1 teaspoon of fish sauce - bit more if you like it fishier
    handful chopped coriander, or an inch of coriander paste stuff from a tube
    1 tablespoon flour, self raising is better but plain works too
    2 crushed cloves of garlic, or an inch of garlic paste stuff from a tube

Mix it all up, it is quite sloppy and easy to stir, then spoon into a greased 24 hole mini muffin pan, or 2x12 whatever.

15 minutes at 200 deg C

Serve with sweet chilli sauce.

I am a bad cook but these have never failed, and very easy if you use the coriander and garlic paste - you only have to wash the bowl, spoon and pan. You can freeze them, too.
  • Omakitkat
    Omakitkat Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    sounds great
  • NaDellR
    NaDellR Posts: 4
    Options
    Use however many Chicken Breasts you want to bake.
    Spray pan with non stick spray.
    Spray chicken with nonstick spray (or get it wet with water).
    Sprinkle Weber Garlic and Herb seasoning on top.
    Bake for 30 minutes (depending on how chubby your chicken is.)

I also use that seasoning for potatoes.
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • clark114
    clark114 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I made this the other night...eatingwell.com and was fabulous!!

Quick Chicken Cacciatore

From EatingWell: March/April 2012

This version of the classic Italian recipe, chicken cacciatore, is done in half the time of most traditional versions, but is still full of rich flavor thanks to plenty of mushrooms, tomatoes and herbs.

Makes: 4 servings

Active Time: 40 minutes

Total Time: 40 minutes

Ingredients
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    2 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
    8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
    1 small onion, sliced
    2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried, plus more for garnish
    1/2 cup dry white wine
    1 14-ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
    1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
    3/4 cup sliced jarred roasted red peppers, rinsed
    1/4 cup quartered Kalamata olives

1.Place flour in a shallow bowl. Cut each chicken breast in half on the diagonal to make 4 roughly equal portions; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour and transfer to a plate. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the flour.
    2.Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
    3.Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Add mushrooms, onion, rosemary and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is soft and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the vegetables with the reserved flour and cook, stirring, until coated. Add wine to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add drained tomatoes, broth, roasted red peppers and olives; bring to a lively simmer over medium-low heat.
    4.Return the chicken to the pan and continue cooking, stirring once or twice, until the liquid has thickened slightly and the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve the chicken with the sauce, garnished with rosemary, if desired.

Nutrition

Per serving: 341 calories; 12 g fat ( 2 g sat , 8 g mono ); 63 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 28 g protein; 2 g fiber; 720 mg sodium; 479 mg potassium.
  • bestmeicanbe84
    bestmeicanbe84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump-for future reference :happy:
  • divalivious
    divalivious Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Chicken Satay

Chicken Satay Marinate
    1 lb chicken tenders or breast cut in strips (I did it with skinless boneless thighs and they worked great too)
    1/2 cup light coconut milk
    2 tbsp peanut butter
    1 tsp curry powder
    2 cloves garlic crushed
    2 tsp tamari or soya sauce
    (I have also added in 1-2 green onions sliced)
    wooden skewers soaked for 15 minutes (with the thighs i never bother to put them on skewers)

Peanut Sauce
    1/2 cup light coconut milk
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    2 tsp brown sugar
    1 tsp tamari or soya sauce
    1/2 tsp curry powder

1. Combine coconut milk, peanut butter, curry, garlic and tamari in large glass bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to over night.

2. Once marinated place chicken on skewers. Put on grill till cooked.

3.. To prepare peanut sauce place all ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium/low heat. Simmer 5 minutes, stir frequently. Remove from heat and cool before serving. Sauce thickens as it cools.

***I really like the satay marinade but not that fussy on the peanut sauce. When I did the thighs I put them on the grill 3-5 minutes a side so they get those grill marks then finish them off in the oven @ 350F for another 20 or till no longer pink. ***
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    bump
  • m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    Options
    I make chicken taco meat easy and low cal. Poach 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts. Shred. dice an onion and cook in the remaining water until clear and broth is cooked down. Add meat 1 small can of tomato paste, chili powder, salt and cumin to taste, cook until all water is out.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bump.

Sorry, I lost this thread once, don't want to lose it again! (I'm getting old)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Bake chicken breasts.
    10 min before done to with barbeque sauce, bacon pieces, chopped tomatoes and shredded cheese.
  • lisaleftear
    lisaleftear Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Texas Taters-
    bake a potato
    cook boneless, skinless chicken in skillet with minced garlic and onions in evoo
    when potato is done, slice open and top with the chicken mixture, add 2 slices of Sargento thin provolone cheese
    put back in oven just until cheese is melted.
    Awesomely delicious!
  • loriband
    loriband Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Thanks for posting everyone!
  • jmbond06
    jmbond06 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    So many good recipes to try. Can't wait.
  • tnladyvol
    tnladyvol Posts: 245
    Options
    bump:love:
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Oh....BUMP on this for sure!!!