Your favorite simple chicken recipe ....

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Eating it now:

400g chopped chicken breast or thigh
    1 can campbells cream of chicken soup
    1 can of water (use it to rinse the soup can)
    2 chicken stock cubes
    1 tsp crushed garlic
    2 tsp mixed herbs
    1 cup dry basmati rice
    1 cup peas

Brown the chicken in spray oil in a large saucepan with lid.

Throw in all the rest of the ingredients, stir well, cover tightly and simmer on low until the rice is cooked. Check it every 5 mins to stir and to add extra water, as needed.

Delicious!

If you use breast - Serves 4 big serves at 472 cal per serve, or 6 serves if you serve it over a pile of vegies like I do, at 315 calories.
  • BNance509
    BNance509 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    1 1/2 to 2# boneless, skinless chicken breast (frozen or thawed - I usually start from frozen)
    1 pkg. dry ranch dressing mix
    1 jar banana peppers

Put chicken in crockpot, dump dry ranch dressing mix and whole jar of banana peppers over it. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (remember, I always start with frozen chicken, so it takes longer). Take chicken out, shred it with a fork, put it back in crock pot. Let sit for about 1/2 hour for flavor to blend into shredded chicken (can be eaten right away, but I like to wait. It's even better the next day!). Can be used on sandwiches, eaten alone or (my favorite) dumped on top of a big ol' pile of salad greens and some veggies. I use a little of the sauce as my salad dressing.
    Enjoy!!

PS - you can also do this with dry Italian dressing mix. We've tried it and it's good, but our tastes prefer the ranch. I've also canned my own peppers this year, so I have used canned bell peppers both with and without a clove of garlic in them. Be creative - it's hard to screw this one up!! LOL!!

I do this with a beef roast or venison.Place meat in crock pot. I add a package of AuJu and a package of ranch. Both are dry mixes. My recipe calles for 1 stick of butter but can use less or non. Then you place 5 or more picchino peppers cook on low 6-8 hours. Shred meat &put back in with juice. Put meat over brown rice or bun as an open face sandwich. Delicious!!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • carolynhart01
    carolynhart01 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yum. Chicken for dinner!!!
  • martose
    martose Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Trigger49
    Options
    Hi a lot ot these recipes sound delicious but how many calories do they have. I am on 1200 calories a day which sounds a lot but believe me it is not and I am really struggling to eat nice food and stay within my calories. HELP please!!!!!
  • mamabear204
    mamabear204 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • meltingmama1965
    Options
    I buy some salad dressings like greek , itialian, french, and others and marinate my chicken over night then i bake the chicken breast
  • Trigger49
    Options
    Hi mamabear204 - what does 'bump for later' mean?
  • linda_1968
    linda_1968 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump
  • redwolf6
    redwolf6 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • aimeelou2323
    aimeelou2323 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Here is my favorite chicken taco recipe in the slow cooker. Not sure on nutritional info since I have never calculated it, but I think its fairly healthy if you don't load up on too many toppings.

3 Frozen chicken breasts
    1 can corn drained
    1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
    1 can of rotel
    1 package of taco seasoning

Put all in crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Shred chicken with fork when you get home. Serve in favorite hard shells or tortillas. Top with your favorite toppings - cheese, salsa, sour cream, etc.

I think you could serve over rice too if you want some type of taco bowl or make a chicken taco salad out of it.

YUM!
  • aimeelou2323
    aimeelou2323 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do a pretty simple but delicious recipe.

2lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast
    1 taco seasoning packet
    1 can of enchillada sauce

I boil the chicken breast for 25 min
    shred the chicken
    pan heat with the seasoning and add the enchillada sauce.

I bring this for lunch and dinner with some brown rice and its great reheated.

That sounds delicious!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • clarices
    clarices Posts: 1
    Options
    How do you figure out the serving size?
  • tonicandgin
    tonicandgin Posts: 175
    Options
    saute onion, a little garlic paste then mix in curry powder and cinnamon- then mix in leftover chicken and turn off heat. mix in 1/2 cup light mayo & 1/2 c light sourcream a chopped tomato and a chopped granny smith apple....i use for curry chicken pizza -use naan as the crust and some light mozzerrella on top and baked (can sprinkle with fresh chopped corriander when serving)...this is also good in a pita or tortilla roll-up
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    bump
  • briski_2005
    Options
    i made this the other day && it was absolutely ahhhmazzzing! i used low sodium broth but other then that followed the recipe. i served it with a side of caulimash and some oven baked carrot fries. DEEEELISH!! :)

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/garlic-chicken--n--gravy
  • briski_2005
    Options
    Hi a lot ot these recipes sound delicious but how many calories do they have. I am on 1200 calories a day which sounds a lot but believe me it is not and I am really struggling to eat nice food and stay within my calories. HELP please!!!!!

Thats my caloric intake too! I basically try to avoid carbs. Every once in awhile ill have a whole wheat english muffin for breakfast but i try to avoid them. I also switched mashed taters for caulimash and i weigh pretty much everything now. good luck!