Your favorite simple chicken recipe ....

Options

Replies

• TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    If you like chinese peanut chicken.....this recipe is on the back of the envelope of a taste of thai peanut sauce mix

2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken, I like to use chicken tenderloins
    A taste of Thai peanut sauce mix
    a can coconut milk, I use the light variety

Oven to 350 degress; mix peanut sauce mix and coconut milk. Dredge chicken (both sides) in the mixture, I put the remaining sauce in with the chicken to bake. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until done, spoon extra sauce over rice or noodles. To make it really low cal, use shiratki noodles. It is great to satisfy the chinese craving for walnut or peanut chicken.

Happy eating!!!

Thank you!!!
    I'm hosting a dinner party tomorrow, the special guest requested peanut chicken and I've been looking everywhere for a simple recipe :happy:
  • fullmoon
    fullmoon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. I love these!!
  • Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I got this idea from the local Mexican restaurant:
    grilled chicken breasts seasoned with black pepper and a tiny bit of salt served with broccoli, cauliflower, and mushrooms all topped with a small amount of melted queso cheese....and sometimes I serve it with a little side of rice.
  • meganmarkworth
    Options
    bump
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Bump. Going to copy and paste some of these later....
  • kp82883
    kp82883 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    1. Slice chicken breast in half width wise.

2. Coat in something.

3. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 min or 350 for 30 depending on oven

"Something" translates to either...

A. Balsamic vinegar and mixed Italian herbs
    B. Misted olive oil, garlic powder and herbs
    C. Italian bread crumbs, no egg wash/milk necessary
    D. Italian bread crumbs, topped with finely grated fresh parmesan sliced almonds
    E. Italian bread crumbs, tomato sauce, and mozzarella added during the last 10 minutes of cook time
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    3 thawed chicken breasts
    1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
    2 honeysuckle apples
    cinnamon

Melt coconut oil in skillet. Meanwhile, dice up chicken. toss in chicken to cook. Dice up apples and put into skillet then sprinkle generously with cinnamon. It's ready to devour once chicken is cooked through and apples are nice and soft! enjoy!
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Grilled (Foreman, grill pan, what-have-you) boneless skinless chicken breast (prepared) topped with low sodium smoked ham and mozzarella cheese, put under broiler for 3 minutes just to melt. I generally service this with sauteed asparagus or a simply romaine salad.You can also add a slice of fresh pineapple under the cheese before broiling. YUM!
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    so many yummy recipes!
  • Jewles1285
    Jewles1285 Posts: 119
    Options
    chicken breast cubed
    lemon & pepper spice
    juice from 1 fresh lemon
    1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    Olive Oil for browning
    salt & pepper

marinate chicken cubes in spices and lemon juice for 15 mins, heat evoo in skillet and slightly brown chicken on all sides then add vinegar and juice from marinade until cooked through. Thicken sauce by removing chicken and boiling sauce untill reduced, re-add chicken stir to coat and serve over white or brown rice with california veg!
  • Mbishop7684
    Mbishop7684 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump- I want to write down ALL of these recipes!
  • rudyu1979
    rudyu1979 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions guys i really was tired of making chiken the same way all the time lol
    I will try all of these!!
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    One chicken breast in a small baking dish. One can green bean on one side of the chicken breast. 3 oz new potatoes cut in 4 wedges and 3 oz baby carrots on the other side. Few sliced onions. A couple of pumps of spray butter. Sprinkle about a 1/2 packet of powder italian dressing. Seal it with foil. Pop it in 350 oven for 1hr. Go work out. And dinners ready
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Curry Chicken

Cook 4 chicken breasts and shred it. Add Curry powder to taste (I like it spicy and I add about 4T), 1C whole cashews, 1/2C dried cranberries, chopped celery and light Mayo, not so it's saturated but enough to make it not too dry. Sorry, I cook but don't measure the mayo because I hate it and I like to pretend it's not in there.lol. It's SUPER delicious and I eat it either with a flatbread or wrapped in lettuce.
  • adreeea
    adreeea Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump because I want all these delicious ideas!
  • pmcbrady
    pmcbrady Posts: 31
    Options
    Chicken Ranch tacos ~ throw all but the cheese and tomato in the crockpot and cook all day ~ We usually just use a small amount on top of a salad, but the kiddo loves it in a crunchy shell!

Old El Paso - Taco Seasoning Mix, 40% Less Sodium, 1 package 90 18 0 0 1,617 0
    Chicken Broth 33% Less Sodium - Swansons, 1 cup 15 1 0 2 570 1
    Salad Magic - Ranch - Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix (As Packaged), 1 of packet 79 16 0 0 1,905 0
    Tomato - Tomato - Large Whole (3" Diam, 6.4 oz), 364 g 66 14 0 4 18 10
    Kraft Natural Shredded Cheese {Corrected 10/14/2012 - Sharp Cheddar, 1/2 cup 220 2 18 12 360 0
    Raw, Boneless, Skinless - Chicken Breast, 4 container (16 ounces ea.) 1,920 0 24 416 1,040 0
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 2390 51 42 434 5510 11
    Per Serving: 80 2 1 14 184 0
  • ksmiley412
    ksmiley412 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Boneless skinless chicken breast cooked on the George Foreman for 7-8 minutes with 2 tbs picante sauce and low fat sour cream on top. Easy as can be and yummy!