Your favorite simple chicken recipe ....

Options

Replies

• baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Thanks for starting this thread. Incredibly useful.

My personal favorite is as follows.

I personally use raw chicken cut into tenders since it's easier to cut into cubes this way. For a single, one person serving, I take two chicken breast tenders and cut them into small chunks. Toss them in a pan on the stove with no-calorie olive oil cooking spray. Cook the chicken all the way through. Toss in about a cup of frozen peppers and onions (basically stir fry mix) and let those cook. I use a dash of cumin, dash of chili powder and a bit of garlic salt, get it all distributed throughout and take it off the heat.

Put it on a plate, top it with 2 tbsp of salsa and 1/4 of shredded mexican cheese. SUPER tasty, and if you check my diary (I believe it's public) I think it's about 300 calories for a big meal. Takes about 10 minutes to throw together.
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Spicy grilled chicken legs

Marinade ingredients:
    For one person, a teaspoon each of salt, pepper, garlic granules, any spice mix (homemade or ready-mixed, e.g. Garam Masala, Five Spice, Cajun Spices, Chilli Powder Mix), cornstarch. A little bit of lime juice. Soy sauce if you have any. (It sounds like a lot but most of it doesn't get eaten.) Tablespoon of water.

Score chicken legs deeply with a knife so marinade can get in. Coat in marinade and cook on the griddle pan for 20 minutes. Easiest thing ever!

I like to serve it with a big salad in the summer, or grilled veg and sweet potato mash when it's cold.

Edit: Chicken legs are much better than breast in my opinion. It's so much harder to overcook and doesn't go dry!
  • JayElleOh
    JayElleOh Posts: 61
    Options
    bump
  • clearly_ninja
    clearly_ninja Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bump for later - always need chicken ideas! x
  • southern_star
    southern_star Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    chicken breast tenderloins, rinse off dry well roll in hummus to coat well. Bake 420 about 25 minutes till brown and crispety good! Hummus fried chicken. Use different flavors to switch it up!

This sounds interesting.
  • suzywantsitall
    suzywantsitall Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bump- must write or print a ton of these out !!!! Thanks everyone.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Remove any giblets from a chicken, rub the outside and the inner cavity with salt, refrigerate for 12-24 hours, then roast at 350 degrees F until the temperature in the thickest part of the breast reaches 165 F.

Then I make soup stock from the bones.
  • choosingsara
    choosingsara Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I've made this many many times...it's delicious.

It's generally called "Southwest Chicken Taco"

YUM!!!

-BootJockey
  • acrowder99
    acrowder99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    great ideas
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Breasts
    Taco seasoning
    Salsa
    Cheese

Bake @ 350 til cooked through
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com chicken cordon bleu ( made it for dinner tonight very yummy):bigsmile:
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Plain grilled chicken, trader joe's red curry sauce, loads of yellow and red peppers, cooked white onion, quinoa

SO GOOD.
  • LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Options
    Yum! I may have to try this w/ the Trader Joe's Bruscetta & grated mozzarella cheese. yum!
    Breasts
    Taco seasoning
    Salsa
    Cheese

Bake @ 350 til cooked through
  • agraves18
    agraves18 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    looking for ideas that are low fat and don't taste like it. My husband is not liking this trying new recipes thing. He does not like trying new foods, and detests broccoli. Won't even think of trying asparagus, and I am having a hard time making only 1 dinner.
  • erinpd
    erinpd Posts: 96
    Options
    Tonight I'm sauteing a chicken thigh with some chard and garlic. Adding a bit of grated parm on top, too. It's one of my favorites. A bunch of healthy greens, a bit of fat and salt, a bit of garlic....I'm making myself hungry!
  • jul2526
    jul2526 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MontanaStwbrry
    MontanaStwbrry Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bake thin-sliced chicken with pesto on top at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Add (a small amount) fresh mozzarella on top and pop back in the oven for a few more minutes. Best sides - fresh steamed broccoli and cauliflower! Low cal and flavorful!

You have the best ticker picture, hands down.
  • chadewey2000
    chadewey2000 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This is all making me Hungry