Your favorite simple chicken recipe ....

Options

Replies

• DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I put my stove top eye on about 7 not too hot. pound out chicken tenders a little not too thin and pan fry (or bake) in pan sprayed with Pam. Salt & pepper & whatever sauce you feel. Sometimes I just do cayenne, salt & pepper, sometimes, I do some asian spice. Mostly I use mexican seasoning like taco or fajita seasoning sprinkled, spray a bit of pam on the tenders and cook til done. I usually eat everything with either broccoli, asparagus or small salad and half a sweet potato. You could roll up in a tortilla too or serve with asian stir fry. That's my easiest workday chicken!
  • treenuh_x
    treenuh_x Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Chicken stuffed peppers:

- chicken breast
    - cream cheese
    - sriracha
    - salt, pepper, italian seasoning
    - green onions
    - green chiles
    - bell pepper

Roast the chicken breast covered in salt, pepper, and italian seasoning.
    Shred the chicken.
    Mix the shredded chicken with cream cheese, sriracha, green onions, and green chiles.
    Split a bell pepper in half (long-ways) and microwave for 5 minutes (until soft).
    Stuff both sides with the chicken mixture.
    Top with shredded cheese. Bake until cheese is melted.

This is my absolute favorite thing to do with chicken. :)
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Mine is less of a recipe, and more about shaking and baking....

That's my favourite thing to do with chicken. I love Shake and Bake! I serve it with a variety of things, but usually a potato (either baked or mashed) and a vegetable like green beans.
  • littlelily613
    Options
    No WAIT.....THIS is my favourite way:

Shake and bake it and roast it. Once it is done, put some jarred or homemade spaghetti sauce (just a spoonful or two per breast or whatever piece you are using) plus a serving of cheese on top. Put back into oven until cheese is browned and bubbly. Serve on top of spaghetti that has the same sauce mixed in through the noodles and caesar salad. DELICIOUS and very simple chicken parmigian!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    AH This is a great thread! I will definitely be back to check it out a few times (and I am def going to try the salsa chicken-YUM!)

A few things I do with chicken...

Boneless skinless breasts
    Season with black pepper/cayenne pepper/garlic powder
    Baked....

and then use in EVERYTHING.

Lately its been a sandwich with greek yogurt + sriracha (tastes like spicy mayo), whole wheat bread (i like the sandwich thins), baked chicken breast, cucumbers, and tomato = delicious!

My new favorite is a buffalo chicken salad

1 chicken breast, diced up
    1 can rinsed no salt corn
    romaine
    red onion
    tomato
    franks hot buffalo wing sauce
    bleu cheese dressing (however much you want but to keep it healthy less is better)

I add the corn and chicken to a skillet along with the hot sauce, then chop romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and onion, get a big salad bowl and lightly toss them with 1tbsp bleu cheese dressing (it doesn't take a lot) and then put the chicken/corn on top. It is like chicken wings but not fried, in a salad, and delicious! This makes at least 2 servings. I make this when I am craving something unhealthy but want to stay on track!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    We've been making a shake-n-bake sort of thing lately.

- cut chicken breasts into strips
    - put in ziplock
    - add olive oil and shake
    - add breadcrumbs* and shake
    - bake on a greased cookie sheet

* the breadcrumbs should be seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, Parmesan,.. and basically whatever else you want. Last time we added Old Bay.

Serve with honey mustard, sweet potato fries, and a salad.

I also a fan of simple grilled chicken, rice, & beans. I could eat that every day.
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    Also- a fast and easy one....

1 bag steamfresh veggies (broccoli, sugar snap peas, carrots, water chestnuts)
    1 diced chicken breast
    1 cup or 1/2 cup brown rice (OPTIONAL!)
    Kraft light asian toasted sesame dressing (a little goes a long way)
    sriracha

It is a healthy version of a stir fry and under 400 calories! The brown rice can be added if you want a more filling meal, but if I am in a hurry and have no rice made, I just do the veggies and the chicken for a high-protein delicious meal. The steamfresh veggies are always in my freezer- 6 minutes in the microwave and wa-la, steamed veggies!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    My favourite chicken recipe: take 2-3 chickens, put them in a nice fenced yard with a safe henhouse for the night, lots of grass and fresh worms and bugs to eat, and collect their eggs every day. Then make an omelette. Sooo tasty!

(I went vegetarian in part because I'm allergic to chicken.)
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Chicken Gyros
    Yield: about 4-6 servingsIngredients

For the chicken:
    4 cloves garlic, smashed
    Juice of 1 lemon
    2 tsp. red wine vinegar
    2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
    2 heaping tbsp. plain yogurt
    1 tbsp. dried oregano
    Salt and pepper
    1¼ lbs. chicken pieces (I use boneless, skinless chicken breast halves)

To assemble:
    Pita bread
    Fresh tomatoes, seeded and diced
    Red onion, sliced thin

Directions

To prepare the chicken, combine the garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, yogurt, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Whisk together until mixed well. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and mix well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
    Cook the chicken as desired, either in the skillet or with the broiler. (I butterflied the chicken breasts and then cooked them under the broiler.) Once the chicken is completely cooked through, transfer to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut into strips. Heat pitas (I sprayed with some spray oil and then popped them in the toaster oven for a few minutes). Top with chicken, tzatziki sauce, diced tomatoes and sliced onions. Serve immediately.
  • littlelily613
    Options
    I love the chicken gyros idea! I just may have to try that next time I pull chicken out of the freezer!
  • coffeemom3boys
    coffeemom3boys Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump....for later!
  • rodow
    rodow Posts: 26
    Options
    Great ideas. Thanks!
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    I am definitely going to try the chicken gyro recipe! Thanks!
  • greatfoodlady
    Options
    1 1/2 to 2# boneless, skinless chicken breast (frozen or thawed - I usually start from frozen)
    1 pkg. dry ranch dressing mix
    1 jar banana peppers

Put chicken in crockpot, dump dry ranch dressing mix and whole jar of banana peppers over it. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (remember, I always start with frozen chicken, so it takes longer). Take chicken out, shred it with a fork, put it back in crock pot. Let sit for about 1/2 hour for flavor to blend into shredded chicken (can be eaten right away, but I like to wait. It's even better the next day!). Can be used on sandwiches, eaten alone or (my favorite) dumped on top of a big ol' pile of salad greens and some veggies. I use a little of the sauce as my salad dressing.
    Enjoy!!

PS - you can also do this with dry Italian dressing mix. We've tried it and it's good, but our tastes prefer the ranch. I've also canned my own peppers this year, so I have used canned bell peppers both with and without a clove of garlic in them. Be creative - it's hard to screw this one up!! LOL!!
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Chicken
    BBQ sauce

Om nom nom

Chicken
    Mrs dash

OM nom nom

Chicken
    Salsa

Om nom nom

well you did say simple :smile:
  • healthy4five
    healthy4five Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    save
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    bump
  • skinnybunny_x
    Options
    Favorite chicken recipe at the moment ...

one pound of chicken breasts, sea salt, and chipotle peppers in the crockpot for about five hours or until they are tender and temp @ 360 degrees.

Service on top of brown rice or quinoa, top with fresh avocado slices.

You're welcome!
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    1lb chicken breast
    1 can chunk pineapple
    1 red bell pepper chopped
    1 red onion chopped
    Soy sauce and Sririchi according to taste

Throw all in crock pot till done and serve over rice. Under 400 calories for a large serving, (quarter of recipe plus 1 cup brown rice).

This sounds delicious!! This is going on next weeks meal plan (along with the gyro ... yum!)