Your favorite simple chicken recipe ....

Options

Replies

• GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast with italian seasoning and parmesan cheese.
  • lstok873
    lstok873 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bumping too. Great thread! My first is lime cilantro chicken. I use lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, & cilantro as a marinade (30 minutes) on cut up chicken, then just cook in a pan till cooked through...refreshing for a wrap/taco.

I'm also another one who cooks plain chicken then uses it in everything. I do 4-6 chicken breast in crockpot with one cup of water, salt, pepper, a little garlic powder...low for about 5-6 hours. Then I use it with hot sauce or bbq sauce in a wrap, or ontop of rice with a splash of soy, or ontop of wholewheat pasta with sauce & mozzerella (tastes like easy chicken parm w/o breading), or jn a chicken salad, by itself, or however you like chicken. I hate cooking, so for me its easy. Also, you can wrap a sweet potato (or reg potato) in foil, place ontop of the chicken in the crockpot, cooks perfect. I sometes use the leftover stock and add veggies to make soup.
  • NancyStree
    NancyStree Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    oh this sounds yummy...
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love to cook chicken tenders in olive oil on a teflon skillet, seasoned with just salt, flip as they evenly cook, adding a lid and water for moisture if they start "sounding dry". When they are fork tender and done, let them get golden brown from the olive oil. It is the best tasting chicken. I serve it over rice. Makes tasty leftovers, too.
  • Barbarella44
    Barbarella44 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Dijon Chicken
    -1 tbsp. Dijon mustard ''Old Fashioned or Whole Mustard Seeds"
    -1 tbsp. Honey
    -1 tbsp. Olive Oil
    Coats about 4 Boneless Chicken, great baked or grilled. Marinate in the fridge for about an hour for more flavor.
    I usually serve with boiled potatos, and a side salad. Very easy, super fast, and tastes great!
  • Twinklegirl34
    Twinklegirl34 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Cajaun chicken and quinoa either hot or cold next day
    Rub chicken in Cajun spice pop in oven for 20
    Boil quinoa in chicken or veg stock for 15 min for last five add chopped apricots
    Dry fry 1/2 red onion, red pepper and mushroom and any other veg u like for 15 m
    Mix all together yum
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I usually just do chicken breast with coconut oil and parmesan cheese but I'm liking the ideas I'm getting here. :flowerforyou:
  • rudyu1979
    rudyu1979 Posts: 13
    Options
    Not to hot salsa lol
  • TLCorsini
    TLCorsini Posts: 78
    Options
    what a great question! Chicken is so diverse there are so many things to do with it, it can become a little overwhelming! I like to take max packs of chicken breasts and shred them for later use!

1) I use the shredded chicken in "egg white enchiladas" in the morning. I take 2-3 egg whites and let them take a tortilla shape in the pan & then mix the chicken with a little salsa or pico and make an enchilada with it!

2) I also make chicken tacos where I dress it with a cilantro pesto mix (bunch of cilantro, oil, garlic blended up). It's really yummy and lasts for days, and you can add the sauce to eggs later if you want!

3) I also take a chicken breast, flatten it out by smacking it with a can of soup after I wrap it in ciran wrap (so it wont stick) then on one side season it with basil and rosemary & then take 1/2 of a string cheese and roll the flatten chicken & seasoning & 1/2 string cheese together & bake it at 350 for about 25-35 minutes and out comes yummy cheesy chicken without to much guilt!

4) I like to make "deconstructed" chicken parmesan. Put a little layer of tomatoe sauce on the bottom of a pan. lightly bread your chicken breast with your favorite seasonings & bread crumbs or panko bread crumbs. then place into the sauce. (At this point I like to add a basil leaf onto the top of each chicken for more flavor) then add a little more sauce onto the chicken & a pinch of cheese if you like (we use the pizza parmesan cheese because it's always on hand) and bake at 350 for about 35 minutes or more depending on how many breasts you have!

Hope these help!!
  • amperl8
    amperl8 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tyggress73
    Tyggress73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bake thin-sliced chicken with pesto on top at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Add (a small amount) fresh mozzarella on top and pop back in the oven for a few more minutes. Best sides - fresh steamed broccoli and cauliflower! Low cal and flavorful!

Great idea! I love pesto. :)
  • sw1mm3r
    sw1mm3r Posts: 2
    Options
    Skinny Chicken Pesto Bake
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 4 • Size: 1 piece • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 6 pts
    Calories: 236 • Fat: 11.5 g • Carbs: 2.5 g • Fiber: 0.5 g • Protein: 28.5 g • Sugar: 0 g
    Sodium: 491 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:
    • 2 (16 oz total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    • salt and fresh pepper to taste
    • 4 tsp Skinny Basil Pesto
    • 1 medium tomatoes, sliced thin
    • 6 tbsp (1.5 oz) shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
    • 2 tsp grated parmesan cheese

Directions:

Wash chicken and dry with a paper towel. Slice chicken breast horizontally to create 4 thinner cutlets. Season lightly with salt and fresh pepper.

Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line baking sheet with foil or parchment for easy clean-up.

Place the chicken on prepared baking sheet. Spread 1 tsp of skinny pesto over each piece of chicken.

Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove from oven; top with tomatoes, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Bake for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

I steam fresh green beans for a side instead of making the pasta the recipe originally called for.
  • mrsblinn
    mrsblinn Posts: 5
    Options
    My husband's favorite:
    Buffalo Chicken
    1 lb chicken breast in bite size pieces
    4 tbls franks buffalo sauce (he uses the HOT- i use normal)
    Baby carrots
    Celery
    1/4 cup ranch/blue cheese dressing (as fatty as you take it)

Marinade chicken in hot sauce for 30 minutes (no more than an hour), saute with nonstick spray until chicken is done. Serve with veggies and dressing. This makes 2 protein packed servings.

My favorite:
    Chicken Lo Mein
    8 oz chicken breast in bite size pieces
    4 oz spaghetti
    1/4 cup teriyaki baste and marinade
    2 tbls soy sauce
    12-16 oz frozen California Veggie Mix (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)

Start water to boil pasta. Saute chicken in a big nonstick pan (with a lid). When chicken is browned add veggies (from frozen) and cover, reduce heat to medium high (7), When water is boiling add pasta and cook for the lowest time recommended on box (if it says 8-10 minutes, go with 8). When pasta is done, reserve a bit of the cooking water, then drain. Add pasta, and sauces to chicken and veggies, add water to thin out as needed. This one makes 2 servings, takes less than 20 minutes to reach my plate, and normally runs me 370 calories.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    bump some of these look amazing
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes sauted with some garlic garlic and when done add 1 tbsp of pomegranite chipolte sauce and a tbsp of cream cheese, Yummy stuff. That is for one person, I've got to make some for the whole family, just hate using all my yummy pomegrantie chipolte sauce on them..lol.
  • MKSamra
    MKSamra Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • catzmommie
    Options
    bump
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    My favorite easy chicken recipe is just a whole chicken. Wash it, put seasonings on it, cover with tinfoil and put in the over at 325 for 3 hours. Take off tinfoil and put back in oven for another hour.

I always make mashed potatoes and gravy as a side. That's dinner tonight. Yummy!
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Saving to try some of these great ideas!

The other day I pan fried chicken breast tenders with olive oil and some chopped garlic cloves then I drizzled honey over the coked chicken. Everyone loved it.
  • Chrisgriff32
    Chrisgriff32 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Made this recipe last night! Very easy and it came out to be 236 calories per serving using reduced fat sour cream. Everyone in my family really enjoyed it and I plan on making it again.

Baked Parmesan Sour Cream Chicken

1 lb chicken breasts, boned and skinned
    6 oz light sour cream
    1/4 c shredded Parmesan cheese
    1 clove garlic pressed
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs

Place chicken in single layer in Pam sprayed 13x9 inch baking pan.
    Stir together sour cream and next 5 ingredients. Spread mixture
    evenly over chicken. Sprinkle with Italian breadcrumbs and sprinkle olive oil on top.
    Bake at 400 degrees 25 minutes.

I didn't use olive oil, just some butter spray. The olive oil will of course change the calorie count on this.