Your favorite simple chicken recipe ....

Options

Replies

• Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1 1/2 to 2# boneless, skinless chicken breast (frozen or thawed - I usually start from frozen)
    1 pkg. dry ranch dressing mix
    1 jar banana peppers

Put chicken in crockpot, dump dry ranch dressing mix and whole jar of banana peppers over it. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (remember, I always start with frozen chicken, so it takes longer). Take chicken out, shred it with a fork, put it back in crock pot. Let sit for about 1/2 hour for flavor to blend into shredded chicken (can be eaten right away, but I like to wait. It's even better the next day!). Can be used on sandwiches, eaten alone or (my favorite) dumped on top of a big ol' pile of salad greens and some veggies. I use a little of the sauce as my salad dressing.
    Enjoy!!

PS - you can also do this with dry Italian dressing mix. We've tried it and it's good, but our tastes prefer the ranch. I've also canned my own peppers this year, so I have used canned bell peppers both with and without a clove of garlic in them. Be creative - it's hard to screw this one up!! LOL!!
    this sounds delish....gonna try it!
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    chicken breast tenderloins, rinse off dry well roll in hummus to coat well. Bake 420 about 25 minutes till brown and crispety good! Hummus fried chicken. Use different flavors to switch it up!
  • nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Pound a boneless skinless chicken breast flat, put 4 asparagus spears, 1/2 oz cheddar cheese and 1/2 oz mozzarella cheese inside, roll it up, lightly coat it with breadcrumbs, spray the crap out of it with cooking spray and bake it at 375 until it is sizzling and crispy.
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    chicken breast tenderloins, rinse off dry well roll in hummus to coat well. Bake 420 about 25 minutes till brown and crispety good! Hummus fried chicken. Use different flavors to switch it up!

Ok that sounds AMAZING! The spicy hummus would be delicious, thanks for the idea!!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Crockpot.

Add boneless skinless chicken breasts, 3-4?
    One jar mild banana peppers and all the juice
    One packet Italian Dressing Mix (he dry stuff, obviously)

Cook it 8 hrs or so. Shred everything with two forks.

Put on a nice roll with a slice of cheese (pepper jack is good), mayo, and some bacon if you want.

OR

Put some BBQ sauce on a pizza crust, them the shredded chicken, then cheese...

OR

Make a quesadilla w the chicken

You get my point. It's flipping amazing chicken. I thought I'd hate it, as I want nothing to do with banana peppers, but its beyond delicious.
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Paganrosemama
    Paganrosemama Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Tons of delish sounding recipes! Will have to try some.
  • jennyiscool13
    jennyiscool13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just put one up.
    Takes about 15 Mins :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/922944-satay-chicken
  • deemoore51
    Options
    Pardon my ignorance- what is srichi??
  • bigdanc24
    Options
    I do a pretty simple but delicious recipe.

2lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast
    1 taco seasoning packet
    1 can of enchillada sauce

I boil the chicken breast for 25 min
    shred the chicken
    pan heat with the seasoning and add the enchillada sauce.

I bring this for lunch and dinner with some brown rice and its great reheated.
  • meriken
    meriken Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    can you please tell me where to get canned black beans. i use black turtle beans but start from dry beans soking over ni8ght and then pressure cook. i as able twice to get the cans from a chinese super market in sydney but havent been able to find again.?
  • FoodPwnr
    FoodPwnr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    1 chicken breast
    1 potato
    1 tbsp Salsa sauce

Cut potato into slices, place on sheet of tinfoil place chicken breast on top of potatoes. Put tbsp of salsa sauce on top and fold up bake in oven for 45 mins on 400 ....yummmers
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Tried going to this web site and it takes me to plantbasedproteins to buy a cookbook. Am I missing something?
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 6 • Size: 1/2 cup chicken + veggies • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 3 pt
    Calories: 147.7 • Fat: 0.1 g • Carb: 5.2 g • Fiber: 1.6 g • Protein: 24.9 g • Sugar: 1.7 g
    Sodium: 879 mg

Ingredients:

For the chicken:

24 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
    1 celery stalk
    1/2 onion, diced
    1 clove garlic
    16 oz fat free low sodium chicken broth
    1/2 cup hot cayenne pepper sauce (I used Frank's)

For the wraps:

6 large lettuce leaves, Bibb or Iceberg
    1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
    2 large celery stalks, cut into 2 inch matchsticks

Directions:

In a crock pot, combine chicken, onions, celery stalk, garlic and broth (enough to cover your chicken, use water if the can of broth isn't enough). Cover and cook on high 4 hours.
    Remove the chicken from pot, reserve 1/2 cup broth and discard the rest. Shred the chicken with two forks, return to the slow cooker with the 1/2 cup broth and the hot sauce and set to on high for an additional 30 minutes. Makes 3 cups chicken.

To prepare lettuce cups, place 1/2 cup buffalo chicken in each leaf, top with 1/4 cup shredded carrots, celery and dressing of your choice. Wrap up and start eating!

Could also be used in wraps, on rice etc.
  • charliehefferon
    charliehefferon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Bake thin-sliced chicken with pesto on top at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Add (a small amount) fresh mozzarella on top and pop back in the oven for a few more minutes. Best sides - fresh steamed broccoli and cauliflower! Low cal and flavorful!

^^^ This :smile: I'm having it for dinner tonight (Subbing the mozzarella for low fat cheese) - serving with sweet potato and roasted asparagus with garlic and parmesan :love: :love: :love:
  • charliehefferon
    charliehefferon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Pardon my ignorance- what is srichi??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sriracha_sauce

mmmmmm :happy: :happy:
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have a couple quick easy favorites that are pretty healthy, this is one of my favorites (even my picky eaters like it).

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I trim any fat, and pound to make them even)
    1c kraft zesty italian light dressing
    1c Sweet Ray's BBQ Sauce

Marinate the chicken breasts in the dressing for at least 2 hours (the longer the better the additional flavor)
    On the Foreman Grill I brown the outsides for about 2 minutes, then brush with the BBQ sauce.

It works out so each breast has 1 tsp of the dressing, and 1 tbs of the BBQ sauce so you are looking at about 150 calories per breast (they are 3oz each).

For the sides I will take broccoli or asparagus cut accordingly toss in about 1-2 tbs EVOO add garlic and fresh ground pepper, then broil for 5-7 minutes. If I'm in the mood for potato's then I will take the yukon gold or red potato's, chop into 1" squares, put a little ranch seasoning mix on them and broil for about 15 minutes (halfway through you pull them out and toss them a bit so they get crispy on all sides).

Nice healthy meal for around 400-450 calories, good protein and you get a little bit of the good fat with the EVOO.
  • rel12345
    rel12345 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Easiest in the world...
    Chicken
    Italian dressing fat free poured over chicken and bake until done. About 45-60 minutes at 350 degrees.