Things that make you lose respect for the human race....

Options

Replies

• fausto412
    fausto412 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    People who thank God after everything good that happens to them...but when bad news come they start praying to see if God will change that for them. They should be thanking God is what I think.

"thank you God for giving me this cancer, I hope to join you soon and that I've lead a life worthy of heaven" Saying something that like is a sign of true devotion to me.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    warning labels
    If you aren't smart enough to realize you shouldn't hold the chainsaw by the sharp end when starting it, that preperation H is not to be taken orally, that electrical devices don't belong in water or that you shouldn't stick your hand under a running lawn mower, you're taking up oxygen better used for other purposes.
  • msleanlegs
    msleanlegs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    ....when so many Christians I know would be more welcoming to a born-again axe murderer than to a lifelong kind and charitable non-believer.
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    People who lie winging and moaning they want a cup of tea or something for their headache when they can clearly see 90% of the emergency staff are currently trying to resuscitate somebody. And then put in a formal letter of complaint about how their needs weren't met in a timely fashion. Come on people gain a little perspective.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    That abortion debate made me die a little inside as someone whose birth mother was in an abortion clinic when a nurse there told her she had a friend who couldn't have kids and was looking to adopt. She decided to have the baby (me) and give me up at birth. Maybe I was an inconvenience and should have been aborted instead of causing my birth mother to suffer lifelong trauma? :indifferent: I dunno, I'm very mixed on the issue so I don't ever debate it. I just present my story when the debate comes up as a bystander.

Aaaaaaaaaanyway, I hate txt spk. It makes my blood boil and my blood pressure rise. I have deleted people on both here and facebook because I can't stand it. Type out your words. It takes me longer to read your stupid writing. Stop ruining a perfectly fine language.

Kids who have a ridiculous sense of entitlement. You're a kid!
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    reality TV
  • coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    racism
    predjudice
    senseless killing
    Selfish *kitten* who think they are better than everyone else!
    Ignorant idiots
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Racism

People that dress warmer than their kids when they go outside (In cooler weather)

***When parents bring their kiddos in to stores with no shoes and just a diaper/ undies. (it happens ALL the time where I live)

Arrogant people

People who think they are better than everyone else and won't even give anyone the time of day who does not have the same "social status" as them.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    People who abuse animals. I hope there's a special place in hell for them.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    When I see my messy room :/
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Facebook. Constant inane rambling and photos of utter mundane bollocks. Get a life!

I agree! Also, Twitter. I would be curious to know what the psychologists have to say about people who feel the need to tweet about every little thing that happens to them, and just put it out there to the world. Especially celebrities. And why oh why do these celebrities have so many people waiting with baited breath to read what they have tweeted???
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    People who lie winging and moaning they want a cup of tea or something for their headache when they can clearly see 90% of the emergency staff are currently trying to resuscitate somebody. And then put in a formal letter of complaint about how their needs weren't met in a timely fashion. Come on people gain a little perspective.

Doesn't that just irritate you...OMGoodness! Some people have no sense of what an emergent condition is. Your headache/stomach ache/toothache is NOT an emergent condition. When they are the one on the gurney needing ACLS I'll bet they wouldn't want their healthcare provider tending to someone who is non-urgent. Wise up people!
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Misuse of "your" and "you're."

Come on now, we were supposed to master that in what... Grade 2? We have a disturbing amount of English-speaking (as a first language) adults who still cannot automatically write "your/you're" in the proper place. What's more disturbing is that they have the chance to look it over & correct it before hitting post and STILL no one catches this mistake. The most simplest task... a child's task.

I know people do a lot more horrible things but those usually have a motive (Greed, revenge, power, etc). But what is the motive in just failing at your own first language...? Their resumes must be a joke.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

This, plus:
    two, to, too
    their, they're
    its, it's, its'

Drives me insane. I've had ESL students who use these properly when native speakers can't. It's kind of pathetic.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options

Doesn't that just irritate you...OMGoodness! Some people have no sense of what an emergent condition is. Your headache/stomach ache/toothache is NOT an emergent condition. When they are the one on the gurney needing ACLS I'll bet they wouldn't want their healthcare provider tending to someone who is non-urgent. Wise up people!

I totally agree! However, I once had to go to the ER because of a suspected kidney stone. Most painful thing I've ever experienced, and I've been through child birth. I walked into the ER, totally hunched over, practically incapable of talking due to the pain. The condescending ER nurse patted my hand and said "Oh honey, I know it hurts, but nobody ever DIES from a kidney stone." I didn't care much for her tone. And then I had to wait another 45 minutes in excruciating pain while the rest of the ER attended to a screaming child. I was not a happy camper that night.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options

This, plus:
    two, to, too
    their, they're
    its, it's, its'

Drives me insane. I've had ESL students who use these properly when native speakers can't. It's kind of pathetic.

I cover this again and again in 6th grade grammar. And STILL they do not get it. They understand the difference, but they can't remember to write them correctly!

So, I KNOW it's covered in school. BUT, it seems to be forgotten in early adulthood.
  • regosaki
    regosaki Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Nothing! I hold the human race in the lowest regard possible!
  • tallulahthunderbird
    tallulahthunderbird Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Homophobia.
  • tallulahthunderbird
    tallulahthunderbird Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Nothing! I hold the human race in the lowest regard possible!

You...I like you.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    top 3 for me is
    1. certain people thinking that there is a gay agenda,
    2.Parents who dress warmer then their kids when they go outside
    3.people who talk about being broke and then going out and buying a new cell phone

Seen number3 so so so many times!
This discussion has been closed.