Things that make you lose respect for the human race....

Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I've heard some bat **** insane things before, but civil rights supposedly being "trivial" is pretty high up there.

Mind = blown.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Religion...Can't believe the stupid things you can get people to believe!

Hey, there's money in running a church. My fiance jokingly said we should make up a religion and bring forth a church. lol

You voted, didn't you !!:laugh:
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

Hey, there's money in running a church. My fiance jokingly said we should make up a religion and bring forth a church. lol

i... what does that have to do with running a church?
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

Was a little confuzzled by that query myself.
  • foxro
    Options

Sorry for the "subtle" joke - explanation "Religion - Can't believe the stupid things you can get people to believe" - joke you voted didn't you ? which states you don't believe the stupid things that you can get people to believe about "Religion" but you voted for the stupid things that politicians get you to believe in, sorry about that OK just a joke
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Sorry for the "subtle" joke - explanation "Religion - Can't believe the stupid things you can get people to believe" - joke you voted didn't you ? which states you don't believe the stupid things that you can get people to believe about "Religion" but you voted for the stupid things that politicians get you to believe in, sorry about that OK just a joke

well this clears everything up perfectly!

:noway:
  • foxro
    Options

Ok one more time...People have stated numerous times that believing in Religion and its promises etc is stupid, and yet those same people will believe in the stupid things politicians promise(just like religion does) by voting for them.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Ok one more time...People have stated numerous times that believing in Religion and its promises etc is stupid, and yet those same people will believe in the stupid things politicians promise(just like religion does) by voting for them.

there's a massive difference between those two things. you're creating a false equivalency where none exists.

people base their belief in the bible on... what? nothing. they literally don't need any proof - they simply take a bunch of words written by men 2000 years ago to be unassailable fact.

people base their belief in politicians on NUMEROUS things like personality, experience, track record - actual things that have been done and said by the particular politician in question. nothing about politics is based in pure faith. and if it is, well... then you're not choosing your candidates very wisely.

literally no comparison between the two.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options

you're creating a false equivalency where none exists.

It was a joke.

Relax.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

you're creating a false equivalency where none exists.

It was a joke.

Relax.

meh, fair enough, though it seemed like a "haha i'm kidding but i actually mean it" type joke. but whatevs. no biggie.
  • foxro
    Options

there's a massive difference between those two things. you're creating a false equivalency where none exists.

people base their belief in the bible on... what? nothing. they literally don't need any proof - they simply take a bunch of words written by men 2000 years ago to be unassailable fact.

people base their belief in politicians on NUMEROUS things like personality, experience, track record - actual things that have been done and said by the particular politician in question. nothing about politics is based in pure faith. and if it is, well... then you're not choosing your candidates very wisely.

like I said a joke, a satirical joke, it's called humour..Ok humour is sometimes based on offbeat facts and situations!!!:laugh: humour is not meant to be analyzed for facts and correctness - unless you need to debate that as well - the message board is called chit chat fun and games
  • CoachReddy
    Options

like I said a joke, a satirical joke, it's called humour..Ok humour is sometimes based on offbeat facts and situations!!!:laugh: humour is not meant to be analyzed for facts and correctness - unless you need to debate that as well - the message board is called chit chat fun and games

touche. unfortunately your posts were incredibly unclear. but i'll still blush at my overreaction anyway: :embarassed:
  • msleanlegs
    msleanlegs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    ....when people insist that God gave them their morals and Jesus was a gentle man who loved all. Instead of using their Bible as a decorative piece, they really need to open it up and read what's actually in it.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread. The original poster has received a significant amount of feedback and the conversations can continue via personal messaging or within a group.

The forum guidelines include these items:

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

16. No Political Topics in the Main Forums

Political content is not allowed on the Main Forums. This includes images. Please form or join a Group if you would like to engage in political debate on MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.