Diet Fads!!

Options
124»

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

Organs arent muscles and dont respond to stress in anywhere NEAR the same way - or do you think they do?

Do you actually read the posts you respond to?
    I'm not really suggesting that eating poptarts will have some cumulative effect on strengthening my body.[/b]

Looks like you missed the point

But I amsuggestting that the stress on the body caused by eating "junk food", even doing so every single day, in the absence of any nutritional deficiencies, is minuscule and negligible.

The point

And why is that opinion more valid than mine?

Perhaps because mine is based on an understanding of human physiology, rather than poor analogies.
    It's backed up with the same amount of proof. None. I just feel mine's more logical based on comparative real life scenarios where compound interest is proven to exist. (Or cumulative, if taso likes that better, though I'll still stand by compound)

I don't have to. I said it was an opinion, not fact. You stated your position as fact, thus I asked you to prove it.

Your body is not a bank. Very few contaminants have a cumulative effect (in small doses) except for heavy metals -- and even those are eliminated as long as the dose is within the normal tolerances of our system (ie mercury, iron, etc.)

If you're so worried about the cumulative effect of "toxins", then why don't you preach against eating fish?
    Oh, and can you prove that?

How about you offer a single shred of evidence for a cumulative effect on the body for ANY dietary substance (apart from heavy metals)

Or are you just shifting the goalposts, as usual?
    You keep using this phrase... I do not think it means what you think it means...

I don't have to prove it. I said it was an opinion, not fact. I said I had no proof. You stated your position as fact, thus I asked you to prove it.

Show of that keen understanding of human physiology for me.

Liver? Kidneys?

Ever heard of these things?

What do you think they do?

lololol now who's moving the goalposts? prove to me that the cumulative effect of having to work harder to filter out toxins doesn't have any effect on those organs over a long period of time.
  • NaBroski
    NaBroski Posts: 206
    Options

Organs arent muscles and dont respond to stress in anywhere NEAR the same way - or do you think they do?

I'm not really suggesting that eating poptarts will have some cumulative effect on strengthening my body.[/b]

But I amsuggestting that the stress on the body caused by eating "junk food", even doing so every single day, in the absence of any nutritional deficiencies, is minuscule and negligible.

The point

Perhaps because mine is based on an understanding of human physiology, rather than poor analogies.
    It's backed up with the same amount of proof. None. I just feel mine's more logical based on comparative real life scenarios where compound interest is proven to exist. (Or cumulative, if taso likes that better, though I'll still stand by compound)

I don't have to. I said it was an opinion, not fact. You stated your position as fact, thus I asked you to prove it.

Your body is not a bank. Very few contaminants have a cumulative effect (in small doses) except for heavy metals -- and even those are eliminated as long as the dose is within the normal tolerances of our system (ie mercury, iron, etc.)

If you're so worried about the cumulative effect of "toxins", then why don't you preach against eating fish?

How about you offer a single shred of evidence for a cumulative effect on the body for ANY dietary substance (apart from heavy metals)

You keep using this phrase... I do not think it means what you think it means...

I don't have to prove it. I said it was an opinion, not fact. I said I had no proof. You stated your position as fact, thus I asked you to prove it.

Liver? Kidneys?

lololol now who's moving the goalposts? prove to me that the cumulative effect of having to work harder to filter out toxins doesn't have any effect on those organs over a long period of time.

YOU are the one who claimed that there is a cumulative effect. The burden of proof is on YOU to show that it happens.

Russel's Teapot. Look it up.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

The point

Liver? Kidneys?

YOU are the one who claimed that there is a cumulative effect. The burden of proof is on YOU to show that it happens.

I DIDN'T! (again, dancing goalposts - shame on you)

I said that it's my opinion and that I have no proof. You claimed that my opinion was WRONG because the body doesn't "work like that"

I simply followed up with "well, then tell me how it works!"

You haven't been able to.
  • NaBroski
    Options

The point

Liver? Kidneys?

I DIDN'T! (again, dancing goalposts - shame on you)

I said that it's my opinion and that I have no proof. You claimed that my opinion was WRONG because the body doesn't "work like that"

I simply followed up with "well, then tell me how it works!"

You haven't been able to.

You really are a gem.

The liver and kidneys filter toxins from our bodies. I hope you know this. There is NO evidence of a cumulative effect apart from heavy metals.

Learn about dose/response. Take alcohol for example. Overconsumption can cause liver damage, but a single glass of wine per day has been shown to have health benefits.

CONTEXT!!!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Coach, your entertainment value has been exhausted. And only annoyance value is left. It seems to have a compounding effect. Good luck overcoming your orthoexia. I'm putting you on ignore.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

The liver and kidneys filter toxins from our bodies. I hope you know this. There is NO evidence of a cumulative effect apart from heavy metals.

and what are you not getting about the fact that I'm asking you to back this statement up and you STILL refuse to do it. give me a study!
  • NaBroski
    Options

and what are you not getting about the fact that I'm asking you to back this statement up and you STILL refuse to do it. give me a study!

Your asking for proof of a negative. Logical fallacy.

If you claim that there is a cumulative effect, the burden of proof is on YOU to show it.

If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense
    ~Bertrand Russell
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Your asking for proof of a negative. Logical fallacy.

If you claim that there is a cumulative effect, the burden of proof is on YOU to show it.

If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense
    ~Bertrand Russell

I've already said I have no proof. If you don't either, then we're simply at an impasse. You've got your opinion, I've got mine. We could have stopped there 30 posts ago. :smile: